Discontent #5 food, energy, transport, cost of living etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn't do a mum's what app group (I'm not much of a joiner 🤣).

Had to go to three different shops today for some ibuprofen. Is this just local to me or have others noticed a shortage?

Also Lidl's own oreo 'Neo' biscuits up 10p in a week!

Reactions: 1
My situation was bit different.
I have 2 senior age kids so dident buy for them.
But my 4 year old is leaving nursery for primary.
My 11 year old is leaving year 6 for senior school and has had same SEN support ta for 6 years since year 1 moved classes .
So got the ta something special.
Job share teachers in year 6 and nursery so got them all a token gift nothing expensive.

Got nursery mini wine and sweets
Teachers plain mug, coffee chocs and biscuits as shes had a good year 6 with SATs, PGl and covid outbreaks its been a hard year.

I don't contribute class collections unless retirement as prefer to do my own thing as some parents go ott
In past I have always given token gift even made some gifts so never overstretched myself.

I’m a teacher and in all honesty I don’t want or expect anything from parents.

But if you are intent on buying something then I’d bloody love glue sticks and laminating pouches! They are like gold dust in my school and quite frankly they would make my school year! 😂😂😂
Will remember that gift for the future as another 7 years of primary unfortunately awaits me.

In my child's school we have a parents WhatsApp group and one parent manages the gift we all send 5/10 euro via revolut/cash and get one large voucher for the teacher with a card signed from all the kids.
We do this too. We have 3 teachers in the class, each teacher got a £100 voucher and a card 😊

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Wasn't that overly generous.
No, everybody gave £5 each per teacher = £15 per person. Not everybody takes part as some people like to do their own thing but we had just over £300 which got them a £100 voucher each plus cards from the children. It’s cheaper then buying each teacher a decent present each dunno what I could have got them for a fiver each?

Reactions: 8
No, everybody gave £5 each per teacher = £15 per person. Not everybody takes part as some people like to do their own thing but we had just over £300 which got them a £100 voucher each plus cards from the children. It’s cheaper then buying each teacher a decent present each dunno what I could have got them for a fiver each?
Much less wasteful too in regards to the environment. One £100 voucher is much better than 25 lots of tat.

We got coffee shop vouchers for the teachers this year. If they dont drink coffee or wont buy anything from there they can give to someone else to use.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I wouldn’t trust homemade stuff from kids or parents. Too many unknowns 😂.
Im not a teacher but i cannot CANNOT eat homemade cakes etc made by school kids and parents. Like at fairs when they ask for cakes to be made. 😷 What if they had dirty fingers/ dog hairs in it. Ugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I don't remember anybody giving anything to teachers at our school. Is this a relatively new trend.

Reactions: 2
I don't remember anybody giving anything to teachers at our school. Is this a relatively new trend.
When I was at school some of the kids (well parents) got presents for the teachers (reception to year 6) which was usually like hampers and pannacottas and stuff like that but my mum was having none of it. This was in the early 00s / late 90s. Appreciate that teahers are probably underpaid but it's not the job of families to equalise that with end of year presents, especially as my dad was going through redundancies etc. at the time.

Im not a teacher but i cannot CANNOT eat homemade cakes etc made by school kids and parents. Like at fairs when they ask for cakes to be made. 😷 What if they had dirty fingers/ dog hairs in it. Ugh.
My Cousin did them for her kids teachers & got the kids to decorate some with pictures & 'thank you love billy' etc
She does it as a business though so hygiene levels are good

My Cousin did them for her kids teachers & got the kids to decorate some with pictures & 'thank you love billy' etc
She does it as a business though so hygiene levels are good
Oh yeah definitely. An actual business is different stuff altogether.

Email this morning to say that Amazon Prime is going up from £7.99 to £8.99 if you pay monthly and from £79 to £95 if you pay annually. Applies to renewals from 15th September.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Email this morning to say that Amazon Prime is going up from £7.99 to £8.99 if you pay monthly and from £79 to £95 if you pay annually. Applies to renewals from 15th September.
Amazon aren’t stupid are they, they know the majority of homes use Prime. We don’t use it for TV (kids watch it occasionally) but it’s the delivery’s I couldn’t do without 😂

Reactions: 6
Amazon aren’t stupid are they, they know the majority of homes use Prime. We don’t use it for TV (kids watch it occasionally) but it’s the delivery’s I couldn’t do without 😂
Probably due to the amount they've had to pay for a second series of Clarkson's Farm! (Well worth it, whatever it was, I love that programme!)

Reactions: 6
I like checking the benefits. I use Amazon Smile so a percentage of all my orders go to my chosen charity - I change this every year.

I’m lucky I’m still on a student account (for now) but I’ve paid full price in the past and will do in the future as it’s something I use a lot.

5924A667-DEE6-4FB3-A880-653CDF2927D5.jpeg

I like checking the benefits. I use Amazon Smile so a percentage of all my orders go to my chosen charity - I change this every year.

I’m lucky I’m still on a student account (for now) but I’ve paid full price in the past and will do in the future as it’s something I use a lot.

View attachment 1446851
I cancelled mine after looking at this, I'd had 2 or 3 deliveries in a year. They gave me the full years subscription back

Reactions: 5

View attachment 1446851
I’ve never looked at mine 🙈. I tend to listen to Radio on the Alexas rather than specific music.

Attachments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.