• gas/elec/water bills etc

Votes: 101 33.6%
  • petrol

Votes: 77 25.6%
  • something else

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you are a Sainsburys shopper and have a Nectar card, check the offers for the smartshop as they have discounts on the food you buy.

Reactions: 9
All of the voting options listed are costing me more, so can’t choose just one.

If you are a Sainsburys shopper and have a Nectar card, check the offers for the smartshop as they have discounts on the food you buy.
I use this every week and recommend it, saves me quite a bit.

Reactions: 9
I've definitely noticed my leccy bill go up. I'm on a pre-paid meter and when I once got away with topping up around £30 a month I'm now putting in £40-£50 a month. Foodwise, I have noticed price increases, particularly fruit and veg and bread, but not bank breaking and I'm still finding deals and offers.

Reactions: 3
I’m the same noticed everything going up, but the one that’s hit us hardest is definitely fuel. Food I can shop offers but unfortunately the car is always needed.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just put half a tank of fuel in to fill me up for a long journey tomorrow, £51.52!!!

I used to be able to fill up from empty for less than £40

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
All of it is costing me more, but food is the lowest rise of the three.

Reactions: 1
I think the biggest increase has to be energy bills for me. Dreading Autumn when they go up again. Other things have increased, but at a more manageable level.
My main concern is will costs ever drop back to the levels we had before? Or will this become the “new normal”? Am I likely to pay no more than £70 a month for energy again? Im just not sure…

Reactions: 19
Something really has to be done with fuel prices.

I stuck £25 in last Sunday and now need to refill this weekend.

I drive a diesel and £25 will currently do about 150-160 miles. In days before this saga, I was getting around 250+ miles out of the same amount put into the tank.

I refuse to fill the tank right up at current prices, or put any more than £25 in. As the fuel companies are clearly taking us for a ride, I'm not giving them anymore than I have to.

I was shocked to see Super Diesel was £2.20 a litre at our local petrol station. That seriously takes the piss.

Reactions: 6
Does anyone know how to quibble a faulty PAYG meter? I was on the phone to British Gas yesterday as they told me £55 a week for my electric was normal. After a lot of arguing she said one top up didn’t “land” on the meter. She refunded it but said it was the only one. When I put the code in with her it said it had been used but she calculated my usage and said it hadn't actually landed?! I’m not convinced by this.

I’ve got the device plugged in now, it’s calculating my usage at 11p per hour. Even with standing charges etc. how is this coming to £5-8 a day? She said it’s £3.40 a day, but I’m putting £15 on it every other day. Going to monitor closely this week because prices are bad enough without these companies skimming more off.

Reactions: 2
I'm going through about £80 a fortnight in diesel at the moment. 65 miles a week getting to work and back (no bus available and it's got a couple of very, very steep hills that are single track with a 60mph limit, so I wouldn't feel safe cycling) plus 52 miles each time I need to go into the nearest town for something, which is at least once a week.

• Sad
My main concern is will costs ever drop back to the levels we had before? Or will this become the “new normal”? Am I likely to pay no more than £70 a month for energy again? Im just not sure…
I have the exact same questions 😶

To be honest, I think that these companies are simply price gouiging as much as possible until they find our breaking point. Then they will slowly reduce it but never back to the 2019 levels.

Reactions: 7
I have the exact same questions 😶

To be honest, I think that these companies are simply price gouiging as much as possible until they find our breaking point. Then they will slowly reduce it but never back to the 2019 levels.
I see cost of fuel protests are returning...

Reactions: 1
I popped to Sainsbury's local last night as we ran out of milk and shopping comes on Sunday. 2 pints of semi skimmed milk was £1.30. It wasn't too long ago you could get 4 pints for £1. I see milk as an essential item but it seems to be sky rocketing in price.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Serious question - are there any viable political alternatives to Lib/Lab/Con? To me, they’re all equally appalling. The political class seems to be broken.

I’m just so fed up of the continued poor government of this country and priority of globalist pursuit rather than getting our own house in order. Public services are an abomination. Costs are spiralling into stagflation. Security has been dismantled. Infrastructure is broken. Housing and population is out of control. Agriculture is being decimated. Pointless policy not backed up by action (environmental and social). Cronyism. Profiteering at the public expense before the wheel comes off.

If I didn’t love the people and land where I live so much I’d leave this dump of an island. Not sure where to though 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm going through about £80 a fortnight in diesel at the moment. 65 miles a week getting to work and back (no bus available and it's got a couple of very, very steep hills that are single track with a 60mph limit, so I wouldn't feel safe cycling) plus 52 miles each time I need to go into the nearest town for something, which is at least once a week.
Scratch that, diesel has gone up to 200.9p in my nearest town today, so my fill up (admittedly about 70 miles emptier than usual) was £96.

• Heart
Does anyone know how to quibble a faulty PAYG meter? I was on the phone to British Gas yesterday as they told me £55 a week for my electric was normal. After a lot of arguing she said one top up didn’t “land” on the meter. She refunded it but said it was the only one. When I put the code in with her it said it had been used but she calculated my usage and said it hadn't actually landed?! I’m not convinced by this.

I’ve got the device plugged in now, it’s calculating my usage at 11p per hour. Even with standing charges etc. how is this coming to £5-8 a day? She said it’s £3.40 a day, but I’m putting £15 on it every other day. Going to monitor closely this week because prices are bad enough without these companies skimming more off.
I'd get BG to send someone out to look at it in case it's a funky meter. Is it a smart meter?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.