Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hamburglar

VIP Member
The speedy was my dream bag from being a teenager so I bought one a few years ago. I had an opportunity to buy it brand new in 2010 when they were around £400 but it was out of stock and I was too impatient to wait so bought a completely different bag 🙈 ended up buying a speedy second hand for £400 a few years later when the brand new ones were in the £600-£700 range. Gutted I didn’t buy it in 2010 😂 I mainly use it for travel as it fits loads in but carrying it is a bit annoying for every day.

Also have a lily which I love but agree it can get a bit uncomfortable, I mainly use it as an evening bag as it’s great to throw on with pretty much any outfit and a reasonable size for an evening (without lugging too much shit around).

Reactions: 4

Hamburglar

VIP Member
going to see family down south at the start of next month so rather than visit then stay over we're travelling and staying the night before, which has been a great excuse for a first trip to bicester village! going with parents and we'll be getting there for 11ish on a friday, honestly i'll be needing any and all advice you have. been to cheshire oaks and once to york but not sure if the mcarthur glen ones work a bit differently

we'll probs be getting dinner in cheltenham (staying near montpellier gardens) so any recs there would be amazing too!
There are more high end shops at Bicester than York/Cheshire Oaks, there aren’t as many high street or cheaper shops mixed in at Bicester (as an example theres no cadbury shop 🤣🤣) and you sometimes have to queue to get in - Burberry has had the longest queue the last few times I’ve been - so if you’re wanting specific shops do those first. Some shops do virtual queuing when it’s mega busy but I’ve never done it and you should be ok on a Friday morning.

You’ll have a great day!

• Heart

trudyjudy007

Chatty Member
BT’s have 20% off some lower priced brands for any Irish girls looking to treat themselves.. I picked up two Ganni Bou bags in store this morning in black & oyster.

Notorious PIG

I buy a lot of secondhand LV, I’m always 99 per cent confident of authenticity, but on a couple of items I decided to pay for 3rd party authentication, just for extra peace of mind and also if I might sell in the future. I use legitgrails, paid iirc $15-20 each for 24 hr results/certificate (and they were deemed authentic).

Wifo1976

VIP Member
Flannels postage is expensive but extreme prompt and your item comes in a cute travel bag which come in handy. HOWEVER, their customer services are a bit crap and as I said in an earlier post, I once rang up and it cost me £40!!! As they use a premium rate number. This was a few years ago and I haven’t had to ring since. Sad for Matches, wasn’t aware that they bought them. They seem to have the reverse Midas touch!

I’m still freelancing for all the brands above 😂 I wanted a perm job there but now they all look toooo vulnerable. Might go further down the market to like mid luxury as they’re doing better!

I hope the head offices won’t close- NAP is beautiful, have wanted to be perm there for ages
---
I’d rather FarFetch had NAP than Mike Ashley :( they were going to take on FarFetch’s tech as well. Guess their in house studio will defs close as that’s a money drain
Omg hadn’t realised you were contracting that’s fab, congrats 🎉! Is that new this year? How is it going? Depends on the definition of mid but I think mid as in winter wonderland coke head mid will suffer the worst as it’s targeted at middle income homes / accessibility to or affordability of credit is worsening 😬 premium high street mid would probs be thriving tbf as people swap quantity for quality/small joys and it’s a different demog. Also I think home will do really well!

re: NAP’s offices, if Amazon buy them imagine they’d stay as it seems to be a lifestyle thing/obsession for him and the prestige office suits that. Also, Amazon actually have the money for such a thing. Btw speaking of offices are you on TikTok? Cackling at the sheer luxe take down lool.

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Oh no, these are my dream trainer🙃 How were they uncomfortable, I need to know! And were they true to size? I have seen some preloved but now I’m unsure x
So they had strips of fabric or I think it was stitching? On the inside of the shoe, which stuck out against my foot 🤣 sorry that’s an awful explanation! Maybe it was more obvious with the thin pop socks I used to try them on, but I couldn’t wait to put my new balance trainers back on 😭 they looked great though for sure, but at £1000+ for an uncomfortable trainer I couldn’t justify it lol

• Sad
Reactions: 3

faketits

Omg good point 🤣🤣 you’ve made me anxious to get them as soon as possible now! 🤣
I tried the beige ones in New York and really loved them! I didn’t get them though because I can’t return a US purchase in EU and my buyers remorse wouldn’t let me. I’ll try pop into their Bond Street branch and see if I can get the black ones before they hike up the price😩

Attachments

• Heart

Jas119

Just had a baby and my lovely husband bought be a Neverfull. It’s been on my wish list for years and I’m so happy with the bag, but a bit underwhelmed with the packaging. It was just shoved in the box, no tissue paper or anything and scrunched up in the dust bag, not stuffed. Now there’s a big crease in the canvas, which I’m sure will go away after a couple of wears but would have expected more for a bag over £1k. He also purchase in store so not even online. Is this not normal for LV?

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Is it just me or is every other person wearing a North Face jacket this winter?? I tried one on once and it looked like I was wearing a sack. So overpriced considering they cost a fortune.

beautyblogger123

VIP Member
I’ve got a milestone birthday coming up and I think I’m going to get myself a vintage Chanel classic flap bag. I’ve never bought a vintage bag or a Chanel bag before! Does anyone have any tips? I’m also not sure whether to go for a medium or small size. Any recommendations would be great :)
Oh jealous! I've always wanted one from the year I was born!

Anything pre 2008 will be gold-plated which is gorgeous.

• Heart

Dizzy

VIP Member
I’ve done this too. I used By Rotation and it was a really straight forward process.

Islawight

Chatty Member
I think it’s such a fun option for dinners, drinks, just a pop of something to brighten up everything (am I talking myself into this lol). I was looking at this or the brighter colours for just something that wasn’t a clutch or a business bag which could be something totally frivolous.

Bringing it back to @heretoreaditall2019 ‘s amazing post, is it filling a hole in your inventory? I’ve reframed how I shop, instead of consuming on impulse, I tend to consider what I’d like. Eg I’ve been really lusting after trenches - old me would have gone fuck it babe treat yourself and got a Burberry trench. I had a Burberry trench, it didn’t suit me and I never wore it so I sold it. Therefore this idea got spiked at the first consideration.

I tend to look at what I’m in the market for, research all options, consider how it would fit in with my wardrobe, how many things/how often I’d wear it with or for, then consider cost per wear and if I “need” the most expensive item on my shortlist. I look for pre loved and new options for my final item. By the time you do all this, you sure wheedle out the “for the sake of it” things you buy or keep!
Thank you for your lovely reply. It certainly fills a hole in my hoarding inventory lol. Think it needs to go back, as much as that pains me to do. I just don’t go out enough. Thank you to all that replied, you’ve helped me make my mind up ❤

• Heart

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
I was in coach today and fell in love with the denim tote bag. I know it wouldn’t be a forever bag but for just now I’m very tempted to buy.

visiting LV store this week too and may possibly get a bag but not sure what takes my fancy just now
If you haven't bought the denim coach tote bag, they have a 25% off sale today and it's included (code ticktock)

• Heart