Designer Items #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's been a couple of times where i was carrying a nice bag or wearing a piece of jewellery and i've been straight up asked by acquaintances or friends 'how much is that?' 'how much did that bag cost?' and i always find myself so uncomfortable because i don't like talking about money but i also don't want to come off rude. I don't know how to answer these kinds of questions.

How do you guys respond to these questions? Do you think its rude that people ask such things?
I always change the subject if I can. I have had people try to press me further that’s when I mention it’s a gift. I would never ask such questions.
I always think they are trying to evaluate your wealth or disposable income. These questions I love to avoid at all costs. If someone is so desperate they can Google or figure out where it’s from and find out from the brand. I am not making it easy for them. Unless they are coming from a genuine place.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
There's been a couple of times where i was carrying a nice bag or wearing a piece of jewellery and i've been straight up asked by acquaintances or friends 'how much is that?' 'how much did that bag cost?' and i always find myself so uncomfortable because i don't like talking about money but i also don't want to come off rude. I don't know how to answer these kinds of questions.

How do you guys respond to these questions? Do you think its rude that people ask such things?
I suppose the tone/context is key although it's usually asked in a judgemental way so yeah I do think it's rude. I can't stand when people turn their noses up and say "ugh, I'd never pay a thousand pound for a BAG" as if it's some badge of honour - that's fine, no one is asking you to! At the end of the day, we all spend money. I know people who will happily spend 100s on going out/takeaways etc every month and it all adds up.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I think it’s because the square isn’t as popular as the rectangular. But yes maybe if you got a boy last month no more Chanel for a month or two 😂
Maybe next year, you’ll have to keep me updated on stock levels 😂

I suppose the tone/context is key although it's usually asked in a judgemental way so yeah I do think it's rude. I can't stand when people turn their noses up and say "ugh, I'd never pay a thousand pound for a BAG" as if it's some badge of honour - that's fine, no one is asking you to! At the end of the day, we all spend money. I know people who will happily spend 100s on going out/takeaways etc every month and it all adds up.
Exactly this, it’s all relative. People choose to spend their money on different things, I have a friend with horses, all her money goes on them! Another likes lots of holidays and another spends a lot on gigs and concerts. It’s nobody’s business, they can 🖕🏾🤣
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I've gone right off my Gucci bags. Sold one on VC. Got 2 others, had a fairly decent quote from WP Diamonds (reviews seem OK too), anyone sold to them? They've offered £50 less than I originally paid and I have used it alot tbf but I'm just like meh about it now. It's super pretty (it's a pink/gold round Marmont).....

Do I sell or keep lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
I've gone right off my Gucci bags. Sold one on VC. Got 2 others, had a fairly decent quote from WP Diamonds (reviews seem OK too), anyone sold to them? They've offered £50 less than I originally paid and I have used it alot tbf but I'm just like meh about it now. It's super pretty (it's a pink/gold round Marmont).....

Do I sell or keep lol
I’ve never been big on Gucci, honestly…if you’ve gone off them, sell. No point keeping something if it doesn’t give you that good feeling every time you see it!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
I’ve never been big on Gucci, honestly…if you’ve gone off them, sell. No point keeping something if it doesn’t give you that good feeling every time you see it!
Yeah I've always been a LV dreamer since I was early teens. My first ever designer bag was a LV (Epi Red Leather) and its the only one I've never gone off - I just stroke it sometimes 🤣 (and the matching key pouch I got I also ADORE!). I have bought and sold Monogram LV items on as they just didn't give me that joy and the Gucci bags are doing the same. Its just the thought of selling for a loss but then I've used it a fair bit so....

I do love my Gucci sunnies though but that's a shape thing more than the brand lol
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
So I’m going to go shopping for my birthday in a couple of weeks and I’ve got my eye on the LV boite chapeau but can’t decide between the PM in monogram canvas or mini in reverse monogram - I love the reverse monogram and top handle on the mini but think the mini might just be too small 😩 anyone got either? Think I’ll get a better idea if I can try both on in store!
E4E883A7-850E-4DDC-887D-8CE91636AB57.png
F9323DB9-FD0A-46D3-ABB0-704D122BE972.png
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
I need some help! I’ve had a very successful week at work and I’ve decided to treat myself. Two bags in totally different price brackets but it’s the aesthetic of the bags that I can’t decide between…

I am loving the Saint Laurent Niki medium leather shoulder bag and the Mulberry Amberley small satchel bag. Thoughts please?
 

Attachments

  • Like
Reactions: 3
I need some help! I’ve had a very successful week at work and I’ve decided to treat myself. Two bags in totally different price brackets but it’s the aesthetic of the bags that I can’t decide between…

I am loving the Saint Laurent Niki medium leather shoulder bag and the Mulberry Amberley small satchel bag. Thoughts please?
Out of those two my preference would be the mulberry, if thats of any help to you!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
So I’m going to go shopping for my birthday in a couple of weeks and I’ve got my eye on the LV boite chapeau but can’t decide between the PM in monogram canvas or mini in reverse monogram - I love the reverse monogram and top handle on the mini but think the mini might just be too small 😩 anyone got either? Think I’ll get a better idea if I can try both on in store!
View attachment 1162352View attachment 1162353
I have the mini boite chapeau! It’s a gorgeous piece but it really doesn’t fit anything. It’s basically a glorified card holder. If you have a good selection of bags that are normal size then go for it, one mini bag won’t hurt but if you’re just building collection I would say go for PM. It’s more convenient.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
I need some help! I’ve had a very successful week at work and I’ve decided to treat myself. Two bags in totally different price brackets but it’s the aesthetic of the bags that I can’t decide between…

I am loving the Saint Laurent Niki medium leather shoulder bag and the Mulberry Amberley small satchel bag. Thoughts please?
Amberley for me 😍
 
I need some help! I’ve had a very successful week at work and I’ve decided to treat myself. Two bags in totally different price brackets but it’s the aesthetic of the bags that I can’t decide between…

I am loving the Saint Laurent Niki medium leather shoulder bag and the Mulberry Amberley small satchel bag. Thoughts please?
Minority here but prefer the Niki aesthetically.

On Mulberry - Mike Ashley is now a significant shareholder so you can either decide to boycott altogether or decide to buy whilst they’re still passable quality. He’s increased his shareholding at least twice so it’s safe to assume one day they’ll be wholly owned by him 😬
 
  • Sad
  • Like
Reactions: 4
I have the mini boite chapeau! It’s a gorgeous piece but it really doesn’t fit anything. It’s basically a glorified card holder. If you have a good selection of bags that are normal size then go for it, one mini bag won’t hurt but if you’re just building collection I would say go for PM. It’s more convenient.
Gorgeous isn’t it but I want the bag for casual days out to the park, zoo etc separate from my changing bag to hold phone keys etc so I think the PM will be the better choice practicality wise!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Any suggestions for a nice camera bag ? I want something that I will use everyday and I don’t mind if it takes a bartering. I am not overly keen on the Gucci camera bag even though it’s very roomy.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Any suggestions for a nice camera bag ? I want something that I will use everyday and I don’t mind if it takes a bartering. I am not overly keen on the Gucci camera bag even though it’s very roomy.
Maybe saint Laurent Lou? Loads of gorge colours as well!
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Gorgeous isn’t it but I want the bag for casual days out to the park, zoo etc separate from my changing bag to hold phone keys etc so I think the PM will be the better choice practicality wise!
Definitely a better choice! The nano speedy is also gorgeous, i haven't been able to get my hands on it because its super hard to find unfortunately but if you're interested it can hold a lot more than the mini boite chapeau. It can fit a small phone, keys, cards and hand sanitiser!
 
Thank you. :)) Could be seen as unpopular I am not a Saint Laurent fan. Only bag I love is my nano sac du jour.
oh really, I love ysl atm! Don’t have a sac du jour though and they are gorge 😍 I can’t think of any other camera bags really, don’t think LV or dior do one?

Definitely a better choice! The nano speedy is also gorgeous, i haven't been able to get my hands on it because its super hard to find unfortunately but if you're interested it can hold a lot more than the mini boite chapeau. It can fit a small phone, keys, cards and hand sanitiser!
Oh yeah that is cute to be fair! I’m going to go to the Manchester store soon hopefully and try a few on hopefully!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.