Designer Items #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I need some thoughts please - I've decided to buy a small pouch for the summer so I can carry less and something that could work as a nice clutch bag in the evenings. I've seen the Loewe mini t pouch and I can't decide between the black or light oat. Thinking about my wardrobe I think the black could work well but I adore the colour of the light oat 😅 See colours here:

What do you girls think? And do you have any other suggestions? I want a nice summery bag which can translate into evening in the same price range.
 
@mehere The light oat is gorgeous but i would personally go for the black just because its more versatile and won't get dirty. Light oat for daily use might get stained easily. Both pretty nonetheless.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
I need some thoughts please - I've decided to buy a small pouch for the summer so I can carry less and something that could work as a nice clutch bag in the evenings. I've seen the Loewe mini t pouch and I can't decide between the black or light oat. Thinking about my wardrobe I think the black could work well but I adore the colour of the light oat 😅 See colours here:

What do you girls think? And do you have any other suggestions? I want a nice summery bag which can translate into evening in the same price range.
The embossed details on the black is 😍
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
@mehere The light oat is gorgeous but i would personally go for the black just because its more versatile and won't get dirty. Light oat for daily use might get stained easily. Both pretty nonetheless.
Also vote black if you want for evening 👍
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
Ahh thanks ladies!! My heart was saying oat but I know black is more durable and versatile. Plus it would carry well into autumn/winter outfits. Thanks for your help 💕
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
There's been a couple of times where i was carrying a nice bag or wearing a piece of jewellery and i've been straight up asked by acquaintances or friends 'how much is that?' 'how much did that bag cost?' and i always find myself so uncomfortable because i don't like talking about money but i also don't want to come off rude. I don't know how to answer these kinds of questions.

How do you guys respond to these questions? Do you think its rude that people ask such things?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
There's been a couple of times where i was carrying a nice bag or wearing a piece of jewellery and i've been straight up asked by acquaintances or friends 'how much is that?' 'how much did that bag cost?' and i always find myself so uncomfortable because i don't like talking about money but i also don't want to come off rude. I don't know how to answer these kinds of questions.

How do you guys respond to these questions? Do you think its rude that people ask such things?
I hate it when people ask, as it’s usually from a judgemental perspective. I just say “a lot” and smile. It tends to shut down the conversation.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
There's been a couple of times where i was carrying a nice bag or wearing a piece of jewellery and i've been straight up asked by acquaintances or friends 'how much is that?' 'how much did that bag cost?' and i always find myself so uncomfortable because i don't like talking about money but i also don't want to come off rude. I don't know how to answer these kinds of questions.

How do you guys respond to these questions? Do you think its rude that people ask such things?
I just tell them how much lol. A barista asked me a few days ago how much my Cartier bracelets were, which was surprising. I’ve only had friends and family ask me, not a complete stranger

I follow up with “no point being the richest person in the graveyard ✌🏼“
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
There's been a couple of times where i was carrying a nice bag or wearing a piece of jewellery and i've been straight up asked by acquaintances or friends 'how much is that?' 'how much did that bag cost?' and i always find myself so uncomfortable because i don't like talking about money but i also don't want to come off rude. I don't know how to answer these kinds of questions.

How do you guys respond to these questions? Do you think its rude that people ask such things?
Most of the time I don’t don’t bother with a response especially if they’ve been rude or judgmental. What I do with my money is my business. If I can see someone’s being genuinely curious in a nice way I might entertain them with a response.

My ex’s mother was an incredibly judgmental witch regarding my LV bags (at the time my only two nice bags bought for my 18&21 birthdays) she (and my ex) found it ridiculous I had a handbag that cost that much but she (and his father) were both heavy drinkers and smoked like chimneys (probably spending twice want my bag cost a year on cigarettes) and my ex bf used to drop £££ on games consoles, games and accessories. Found them all really awful people when I got out of the relationship.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
There's been a couple of times where i was carrying a nice bag or wearing a piece of jewellery and i've been straight up asked by acquaintances or friends 'how much is that?' 'how much did that bag cost?' and i always find myself so uncomfortable because i don't like talking about money but i also don't want to come off rude. I don't know how to answer these kinds of questions.

How do you guys respond to these questions? Do you think its rude that people ask such things?
If they’re asking from a judgemental point of view, I’d probably say a lot or else tell them to Google it! 😂 I get embarrassed when people comment on my designer pieces but I know I’ve worked hard and can afford them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
I bought my first (entry level) handbag recently, my friends baby went for it and I was like oh nooooo not a toy, and my other friend then asked me if it was real 🥴 charming.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 11
I am in love with this bag but will have to just lust at it from afar, I’m afraid☹ Goes on sale at 7.30pm tonight with Sellier if anyone wants to buy it for me😆
Apparently some stores still have the caramel mini square in stock
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Apparently some stores still have the caramel mini square in stock
Oh wow, I didn’t know! I’m not allowed, I got a Boy last month so wouldn’t go down well at all😂. Handy to know though - thanks! Thought they’d been long gone.

Guys am I being ridiculous if I buy this bag? 🥲 (also which colour? Lol)

I know it doesn’t fit my phone, only my keys and lipgloss but it’s sooooo cute
If you love it and it makes you happy, buy it! 💗
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Oh wow, I didn’t know! I’m not allowed, I got a Boy last month so wouldn’t go down well at all😂. Handy to know though - thanks! Thought they’d been long gone.


If you love it and it makes you happy, buy it! 💗
I think it’s because the square isn’t as popular as the rectangular. But yes maybe if you got a boy last month no more Chanel for a month or two 😂
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.