Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Eye_Spy

Chatty Member
It’s crazy how wrong he’s got this. If he wasn’t earning enough or not getting enough work, once he gave that free job and had the publicity all he needed to then do is use the donations to fund further free work. All he then needed was further publicity which could have been local news or he could have paid for a professional video etc.

He could have slightly inflated his hourly rate and overcharged the DEPHER fund for his labour. He then could have done the same for his wife who was doing all his admin. Very simple partial good deed/partial grift.With £1m in donation he could have kept himself busy with work and had plenty of holidays and new cars as part of the process.

The first good deed done for free because that one got the initial publicity. Once he set up DEPHER as an organisation…it’s the organisation doing it for free and not him…nobody would be asking what the organisation pays him, if he ran the grift discretely.

The whole thing is an absolute shambles. Targetting vulnerable customers without an enhanced DBS, taking and using photos on social media without customer consent and for fake stories, involving cars for personal use in the grift, claiming he doesn’t pay himself or not much, Tombola, slow cookers, food banks, postage for xmas presents. Not keeping track of the lies he’s publicly told. If he can’t manage his social media, there’s no way he’s capable of managing his accounting and tax returns.

I don’t know why he doesn’t just give it in now. I expect he’s keeping going because there is still a huge sum of money in the CIC account and he needs to work out how to extract it before shutting it all down.

Reactions: 33

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
As more and more stuff comes to light - how was it possible this man got away with it for so long?
I was reading about all the people who applied for help from him after supplying bank details, documentation etc and who were turned down, though seemed to fit the criteria, and had a horrible thought.
Did he deliberately turn down the poorest saying they didn't fit his 'criteria' and instead focused on those older people with a bit of money, and who were probably homeowners? So they could 'donate' a little something through gratitude, and also hopefully include him in their will? Also they may be less clued up as to Social Media and having their photos plastered over it.
Would really not surprise me.

• Sad

MavisBeacon

VIP Member
Comments in the Lancs Telegraph article. How many more landlords has he helped?! Supposed to have only done repairs for homeowners.
Yeah, if I was a landlord who has failed to sort out an elderly tenant's broken boiler in winter, I wouldn't be boasting about it online. Worra cunt.

• Angry

ahkrin

Aside from any technical errors fitting that boiler he still hasn't got himself a heat resistant mat for soldering. The scorch marks on the wall behind the pipe aren't there on the image of the old boiler. We've seen that in previous jobs too. It's clear he gives zero fucks about anyone's dignity because he doesn't even respect them enough to work cleanly in their houses.

• Sad
  • Wow

Lazarus

VIP Member
I wonder when the BBC will air the much anticipated documentary about him, you know? The one when the presenters were truly humbled by all the good he does.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

Tin Can Crook

Chatty Member
I never predicted the BBC expose or him finally being exposed nationally for what he did so I held off sharing these. But this is my complaint to the CIC regulator (I’ve not included some of the annexes and it’s just stuff like the BIONIC ARM and the electric wheelchair and Asda shops).

But I hope this played a part in any CIC regulator investigation.

I think Joyce’s photo and the “is it ok if I have a husband” man are in here, inadvertently. I sent all of this to the regulator uncensored. But censored to protect dignity for here.
This is extremely well written, you have done a phenomenol job. Clearly outlined and pinpointed the issues. Well done and thank you for whistleblowing and providing so much evidence. Hopefully their investigation comes through.

• Heart

MavisBeacon

VIP Member
Is this like when they weren't going to fundraise and only pay through paid work but direct debits would be fine but we're still using fundraising platforms and direct debits will be fine only paid work fundraise paid work Depher CPH CIC Depher WHAT DOES DEPHER DO? MANY ASK!
Bit in bold for thread title please?

• Haha

ohcomeon99

Chatty Member
I know I get a bit tradey, but I really am delighted he can't work anymore. Some of the work was dangerous. I remember that picture of him doing and flue analysing test and had stuffed it with insulation.
No longer a danger working. Let the criminal grift keep being laid bare. Hopefully he can't hurt anyone again.
Happy days
mchops, your insights and help on this thread have been vital and I don’t doubt the BBC have used some info on here at certain points. It is really important to have your input because you really understand the dangers of what he does!

Like you, I will rest easier knowing he cannot work.

• Heart

Girty Drifter

I think Sunak’s announcement was prompted by him thinking ‘right that’s it, I’m not being pulled into the Depher shitshow. Calling it today’

• Haha
GasSafe didn’t give a shit when I was emailing them with concerns a couple of months ago.
I have to say I’m getting a lot of satisfaction imagining the regulators, registers, companies and councils who have been fobbing people off and not giving a shit for months to years now being in a state of blind panic as they realise the people contacting them with concerns were right and there is a paper trail of them doing fuck all.

• Heart

Girty Drifter

The mental gymnastics he does to calculate the numbers of people he’s ‘helped’ is impressive. I think it goes sth like this:

We helped this #elderly lady, 73 years #young, by replacing her tap washer. Therefore we helped:

- 1 old lady
- Her 2 children and their families who didn’t have to try to do the job themselves BECAUSE THEY DONT CARE (4 children and a partner each, total 12 people)
- 6 carers who didn’t have to listen to her moan about the #dripping tap and their families who didn’t have a stressed family #member after work (assume 2 children and a partner each, total 24 people)
- 3 supermarket staff who didn’t have to hear the story (assume 2 children each but no partners as they’re supermarket workers, total 9 people)
- 2 neighbours who could no longer hear her #wailing and #crying because of the tap dripping (assume 2 children and partner each, plus 2 partners for the children and an additional 2 grandchildren each, total 20 people)
- 4 staff and 20 #friends at the Wednesday lunch club (assume partner each, total 48 people)
- 2 taxi drivers who drive her to and from #lunch club (assume partner each plus 12 children each as they’re bound to be #foreign, total 26 people)

With just one tap #washer, we’ve saved 140 people #Blessed.

Please don’t check the maths, I’m in migraine hangover territory

• Haha

VeniVidiVicki

VIP Member
I know this is harking back to yesterday but I also really appreciate your insights @mchops. We wouldn’t know half the stuff we know about his dodgy gas stuff if it weren’t for you.

The BBC didn‘t really touch on that aspect bar the smoking in front of a boiler photo but there is potentially a much bigger scandal here than mere financial impropriety

That said, whoever said he preys on the vulnerable and isolated elderly, I think that’s bang on. I’m sure he targets them hoping they’ve got a bit of cash stashed away. There are a lot of people who could do with a free boiler who are younger but they’re of no interest.

• Heart

Tin Can Crook

Chatty Member
He's had time to flood his feed with confusing screenshots but images of the shipping container remain on his page against the wishes of the community centre.

• Wow
  • Angry

L3moning

VIP Member
Maybe they can now send 146 letters to Lancashire police asking that they investigate him for fraud.

• Haha
  • Heart

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I’m trying to catch up on the amazing turn of events in the last couple of days. It’s all very well and good this being in the news, but this is the really breaking story we deserve:

IMG_2459.jpeg

• Haha

gimm3more

VIP Member
I don't understand why there isn't more outcry over the fag-in-mouth pic. Saying "oh it was safe and she let us smoke in the house" is a ridiculous answer. A professional tradie, especially one who works with gas, would NEVER do something like that. It's disgusting, dangerous and unprofessional, and the fact that Jimmy thought it was OK to post on social media speaks volumes.
Also what professional tradesperson would ASK to smoke INSIDE someone’s house?! Let alone working with gas or a boiler!