Depher/CPH CIC #5 No Weddings and One Funeral

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's such a feat of rhetorical gymnastics that I rent this house out to my extended family because if I didn't, I'd have a tenant who might not pay the rent or / and (*) might be a SH1TTER. Completely sidestepping whether the house should have been bought in the first place.

(*) to quote James

• Haha
Reactions: 26
It's such a feat of rhetorical gymnastics that I rent this house out to my extended family because if I didn't, I'd have a tenant who might not pay the rent or / and (*) might be a SH1TTER. Completely sidestepping whether the house should have been bought in the first place.

(*) to quote James
So conflicted on how to react to this post because on one hand it's infuriating but on the other hand I will always laugh at SH1TTER.

It's blatantly obvious that Jimmy often decides he wants to spend fundraised money on something for himself or his family and then he retcons a bullshit reason for it. Does up his garden, claims it's for "the community". Buys a house for his family, it's for "the community". Wants a car? For "the community". Grandkid's sports need need funding? It's for "the community"

With zero regard for "the community" he's scamming.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
He's posted another video. It's only two minutes long so here's what he said

This short video is so people can understand a little bit about the Depher community property. The property was purchased by Depher CIC for Depher CIC and is in the name of Depher CIC. The property brings in £400 per month, guaranteed rent. The tenants who live within the property guarantee the upkeep and the rent every single month. If we had picked other tenants, there may have been a possibility of the property being damaged or rents not being paid. With the tenants that are there now, it guarantees that there's never going to be a problem. When those tenants vacate the property, which they will do in the future, the property will then be gifted rent free to organisations who are charitable who deal with domestic violence or / and homelessness. And they will be able to use that to support people who come to them for help.

[random screenshot of asset lock clause inserted alongside a bit of the next bit]
View attachment 2961642

The company vehicle was purchased for the company as a company asset and also for company purposes, for meetings, for invitations, for events and to also help elderly and vulnerable people who visited our shops or food drives who needed help to get home and they couldn't get the bus with any items that they had.

I hope this clears up a few things, if you would like any more information about anything at all, please message me. Please ask us and we will answer you. If you wish to come and visit us and see what we do, or even if you want to visit some customers, with permission, we can arrange that. But please understand, that when we receive donations, them donations go back to the public. Those donations go back to the people who need it. We support people every single day of the week, seven days a week, even now we continue to support the people that need us the most. Thank you.
Re: bit in bold, how does one do this if he's blocked you on every social media platform for liking posts that were rightly negative about him?

Reactions: 13
Re: bit in bold, how does one do this if he's blocked you on every social media platform for liking posts that were rightly negative about him?
Well, there is a complaints form on their website....

Although, it looks like James is deflecting any complaints by telling people to wait until the outcome of the Ofcom investigation. Which is a joke because (a) Ofcom won't be investigating shoddy plumbing work or requests for refunds on donations and (b) Ofcom won't be investigating his complaint about the BBC programme at all since Jimmy hasn't followed proper procedures to lodge a first complaint with the BBC itself.

Reactions: 12
Well, there is a complaints form on their website....

Although, it looks like James is deflecting any complaints by telling people to wait until the outcome of the Ofcom investigation. Which is a joke because (a) Ofcom won't be investigating shoddy plumbing work or requests for refunds on donations and (b) Ofcom won't be investigating his complaint about the BBC programme at all since Jimmy hasn't followed proper procedures to lodge a first complaint with the BBC itself.
And don’t forget you’ll have to sign a (non legally binding) NDA if you contact them via that.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
he has "loaned" them to the "community" due to #cancer #disabled #elderly and they have a repayment scheme of 50p a year for life #depher #talks more crap than a sewage plant
It fucks me up that I was gonna make this joke and he's so repetitive I didn't have to 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 12
1716915747791.png

.... no, it's not a video

Many ask! What do we do at Depher! Not tell people how to clean out a saniflow!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
I screenshotted these yesterday but didn't share, he's ignoring people asking for help for a while whilst posting old work 🤨

Screenshot_20240527_125224_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240527_124852_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240527_125347_Facebook.jpg

Edit: sorry, missed a squiggle!

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
'If you wish to come and visit us and see what we do, or even if you want to visit some customers, with permission, we can arrange that'
Omg why would he even suggest that? He might be letting any wrong un into these vulnerable people's homes to have a nose around.

• Angry
Reactions: 22
Does he not factor into the equation that the CIC pot is now £70k down due to the purchase of a house that nobody donated for, and that it’s going to take forever to repay it at just £400 a month before he even starts making a profit that can be classed as a benefit to the CIC?

It is as if the £70k has been written off. Fool.

Reactions: 25
It must only make sense in his pea sized egotistical brain that having a guaranteed return of £400pm (which is the lowest rent I've came across) is better for the community he's 'helping' than say the £73k that was already in the account.

It's diabolical that he'd spend funds generously donated to tackle fuel poverty to benefit himself and his family. I couldn't even try and count how many years a house bought for £73k and only generating £400pm could take to return a profit.

It's also sad that people even on lower incomes donated because Hugh Grant made such large donations, which further legitimised his company to others, and he's stayed silent.

I really hope there's some sort of criminal charges brought against this gormless knobhead and people get their donations refunded to them. In my eyes, it's nothing short of stealing.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
It must only make sense in his pea sized egotistical brain that having a guaranteed return of £400pm (which is the lowest rent I've came across) is better for the community he's 'helping' than say the £73k that was already in the account.

It's diabolical that he'd spend funds generously donated to tackle fuel poverty to benefit himself and his family. I couldn't even try and count how many years a house bought for £73k and only generating £400pm could take to return a profit.

It's also sad that people even on lower incomes donated because Hugh Grant made such large donations, which further legitimised his company to others, and he's stayed silent.

I really hope there's some sort of criminal charges brought against this gormless knobhead and people get their donations refunded to them. In my eyes, it's nothing short of stealing.
Yes the house is impossible to justify. Impossible. He used donations to buy a house for his family to live in 🤷‍♀️
It does not benefit the community in the slightest. If we are to believe for one second the pitiful £400 rent goes into Depher it means the 'community' get £400pm instead of £73k.
And nobody cares if the tenants look after the place as it's irrelevant. It should never have been bought in the first place.
As for saying it will be used free for homeless people or as a refuge. Bullshit. Unworkable.
What's most telling is he kept very quiet about this house until it was revealed on twitter by 'Mark' I think? If it was so above board why not be honest when it was purchased? He knew it was dishonest.

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.