Depher/CPH CIC #5 No Weddings and One Funeral

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It must only make sense in his pea sized egotistical brain that having a guaranteed return of £400pm (which is the lowest rent I've came across) is better for the community he's 'helping' than say the £73k that was already in the account.

It's diabolical that he'd spend funds generously donated to tackle fuel poverty to benefit himself and his family. I couldn't even try and count how many years a house bought for £73k and only generating £400pm could take to return a profit.

It's also sad that people even on lower incomes donated because Hugh Grant made such large donations, which further legitimised his company to others, and he's stayed silent.

I really hope there's some sort of criminal charges brought against this gormless knobhead and people get their donations refunded to them. In my eyes, it's nothing short of stealing.
I'd have thought it a similar area but there's more than 30 houses near me cheaper than £400 🔺 - the cheapest terrace is £230. But it does seem to be on the low end even for Burnley where they tend to come in more around the £500 mark and above.

Reactions: 8
What's most telling is he kept very quiet about this house until it was revealed on twitter by 'Mark' I think? If it was so above board why not be honest when it was purchased? He knew it was dishonest.
Exactly. Meanwhile he was going on breakfast telly saying Depher was skint.
But he couldn’t wait to trumpet from the rooftops that he’d bought a temporary office as a “youth hub” that was later rejected by the recipients.

Reactions: 18
We’re now on the posting Daily Mail comments as positive feedback section of his social media spiral.
I’m sorry but him repeating the “many ask! What do we do at Depher!!” whilst actively ignoring *at least* 2 people who are trying to get in touch with him for services is so funny

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Can’t get my head around all the “he used people’s donations to pay a bill for me so leave him alone” comments.

Reactions: 15
Can we assume that buying a house for the community means that there would have been 73k less for the tax man to take tax on?

Reactions: 14
i hope twitter picks this up, i hope the guy who made the programme about him sees it, and i hope the local authority are made to explain themselves.

Reactions: 21
i hope twitter picks this up, i hope the guy who made the programme about him sees it, and i hope the local authority are made to explain themselves.
He's not posted it on Twitter but on FB, which he seems to believe is more supportive. He can prevent people from commenting on FB posts so he's spamming his accounts there.

Reactions: 12
Dephertranslator looks to have posted it a couple of hours ago on twitter and tagged the journalist in.

I find the way James keeps tagging in and connecting himself with organisations and people who have asked him to stop to be quite vindictive. Even if the council turns around and orders him to stop, I can guarantee he will post any old contacts.

Reactions: 20
Someone (not me!) has submitted an FOI to LCC with pre and post BBC expose dates. I’m not sure how they will approach this as I feel like they’ll worm their way out of it and say it’s too broad and will be over the £££ threshold to search for documentation, as it’s not specific enough (it would have been better for him to have requested some specifics on referrals eg social services referrals).

Attachments

• Heart
So he's doing this again - after defending something and saying he's done nothing wrong and it's all the trolls fault, then comes 'lessons have been learned and we're acknowledging mistakes blah blah blah'.
This time the use of misleading photos and dates. This has been pointed as wrong for months if not years - but Jimmy always said the 'wrong photo' was used, or that people knew the photo was just a 'poignant representation' - not specific.

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 11
Is this like when they weren't going to fundraise and only pay through paid work but direct debits would be fine but we're still using fundraising platforms and direct debits will be fine only paid work fundraise paid work Depher CPH CIC Depher WHAT DOES DEPHER DO? MANY ASK!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Is this like when they weren't going to fundraise and only pay through paid work but direct debits would be fine but we're still using fundraising platforms and direct debits will be fine only paid work fundraise paid work Depher CPH CIC Depher WHAT DOES DEPHER DO? MANY ASK!
Where is the paid work?! DEPHER and the (existing) staff - whoever is left - are NOT gas safe registered. James has no proper plumbing qualifications. Why the duck haven’t the CIC regulator shut them down omg

Reactions: 21
Bit in bold for thread title please?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
So he's doing this again - after defending something and saying he's done nothing wrong and it's all the trolls fault, then comes 'lessons have been learned and we're acknowledging mistakes blah blah blah'.
This time the use of misleading photos and dates. This has been pointed as wrong for months if not years - but Jimmy always said the 'wrong photo' was used, or that people knew the photo was just a 'poignant representation' - not specific.
"...we have not and never intended to make you feel like we have mis led (sic) with our fundraising practices."

Just like the bland, third person "mistakes were made" language, this is classic bullshittery. It's not about how people FEEL, Jimmy; it's about what you DID to extort money from donors under false pretences (i.e. fictitious stories of your work, lying about closing down when you had £££££ in the bank, dubious calculations of the value of work done etc etc etc etc). And it's about your continued, knowing exploitation of vulnerable people's personal data on the internet.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.