Depher/CPH CIC #5 No Weddings and One Funeral

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My take is there was a kernel of good intention in the initial act of doing that first job for free.

ETA although most people wouldn't necessarily have made as much song and dance about it, so that shoots down the whole 'good intention' there
My point is I don't think the scale of the whole point we're at now was premeditated at the point of the first famous job

But then all the social media adulation/hero worship and press attention and offers of donations started pouring in and activated the inherent lack of moral fibre and integrity/god complex, and then continued to enable it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It's just occured to me that the entire thing could have started just as a clever way to keep him, wife, and son in wages (when they weren't good enough in the real world)

- rather like a combination of "buy my book for charity" and patreon subs where no actual charity/activism was happening

Virtual Boiler Installation
Not another VBI 😲

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Well apparently Babs put 64k into DEPHER?! Where the duck did she get that kind of cash from. The whole family is dodgy as duck

• Wow
Reactions: 21
I’m sure I read on one of his posts that she got a lot of money from her accident (the one where she was hit by a car going at warp speed)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
From JD on twitter:

Screenshot_20240523_113341_X.jpg
Screenshot_20240523_113355_X.jpg
20240523_113401.jpg

That first tweet is shocking, I can't believe he framed the selling of the car he bought using DEPHER funds as him being charitable, I'm gonna see if I can find the archive for it.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
I'm unable to grab them for everybody now and will do so later but the amount of praise he got for it plus people donating and tagging the news and celebrities, it's truly reprehensible. :(

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Just so I’ve got this right.

A) Around Sept 2022 (according to log books) Depher bought a £35k BMW sporty car.
B) October 2022 an Audi was sold for £16k.
C) October 2022 James A said he was personal donating £16k to depher from sale of this car
D) in May 2024 James Anderson and his son confirmed the Audi was Depher’s too?

Am I correct here?
the maths doesn’t math. (And the rest)

The twitter sex bots keep hashtagging depher because they use trending topics and obviously it trended last week 😭

Screenshot_20240523_153446_X.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 30
It’s crazy how wrong he’s got this. If he wasn’t earning enough or not getting enough work, once he gave that free job and had the publicity all he needed to then do is use the donations to fund further free work. All he then needed was further publicity which could have been local news or he could have paid for a professional video etc.

He could have slightly inflated his hourly rate and overcharged the DEPHER fund for his labour. He then could have done the same for his wife who was doing all his admin. Very simple partial good deed/partial grift.With £1m in donation he could have kept himself busy with work and had plenty of holidays and new cars as part of the process.

The first good deed done for free because that one got the initial publicity. Once he set up DEPHER as an organisation…it’s the organisation doing it for free and not him…nobody would be asking what the organisation pays him, if he ran the grift discretely.

The whole thing is an absolute shambles. Targetting vulnerable customers without an enhanced DBS, taking and using photos on social media without customer consent and for fake stories, involving cars for personal use in the grift, claiming he doesn’t pay himself or not much, Tombola, slow cookers, food banks, postage for xmas presents. Not keeping track of the lies he’s publicly told. If he can’t manage his social media, there’s no way he’s capable of managing his accounting and tax returns.

I don’t know why he doesn’t just give it in now. I expect he’s keeping going because there is still a huge sum of money in the CIC account and he needs to work out how to extract it before shutting it all down.

Reactions: 33
Nah, he doesn’t do grants. He can’t get them as the governance isn’t there.
(don’t quote me on the details here but) Early on he tried applying to Lottery, didn’t get it then used the usual stuff of “lottery won’t support us”. Again, numerous orgs offered him support to write it and signposted to others who do this for free. He seemed to carry on with the “they won’t help/don’t like us/it’s a conspiracy” type angle.
I think this is bang on. I have absolutely no doubt this has been a con from the start. There was no good intent here, just greed and some sort of personality disorder.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
No archive exists for the audi tweets, sad times.

In honour of the election announced this week, throwback to when Jimmy had a go at Boris Johnson about an administrative error made by the GP.

1716494884161.png

Archive

DISCUSTING

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Comments in the Lancs Telegraph article. How many more landlords has he helped?! Supposed to have only done repairs for homeowners.
Yeah, if I was a landlord who has failed to sort out an elderly tenant's broken boiler in winter, I wouldn't be boasting about it online. Worra bleep.

• Angry
Reactions: 33
Comments in the Lancs Telegraph article. How many more landlords has he helped?! Supposed to have only done repairs for homeowners.
That comment screams James to me tbf. Can just see him thinking he’s right clever for having put Blackburn as part of the username, nobody would ever guess it’s him with that foolproof cover.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
That comment screams James to me tbf. Can just see him thinking he’s right clever for having put Blackburn as part of the username, nobody would ever guess it’s him with that foolproof cover.
The spelling is too good and some big words in there like “utilise” that Jimmy wouldn’t even know 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.