Depher/CPH CIC #5 No Weddings and One Funeral

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If we want to believe the “more interest than the bank”, (it’s nonsense) it still falls short of the right thing.
A cic shouldn’t be saving money in the bank or making investments with the donations. It should be spending it on the purpose of the community as per its articles.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Wonder if anyone got just a repair but the paperwork said they got a new boiler? A forensic accountant needs to go through his accounts rigorously.

Reactions: 13
I would love to hear from anyone in the know about what sanctions the various regulating bodies could/are likely to impose on him.
At the moment my perception is that they are entirely toothless but I would be delighted to be wrong.
It is annoying that James has made statements that “ the regular” is “happy” with him buying a house etc. this seems like a gross mis-representation but has been unchallenged so far.
PS he also keeps saying that he has an independent accountant, big woop. The food drive is/was cash only for a start. It would be very easy for him to skim cash off the business. He has definitely had multiple family members as paid employees on the books. And could easily have put his own food shops, home improvement costs etc through Depher without the accountant knowing. But it’s the house and the cars that are the most obvious dodginess. To an accountant and the CIC “regular” they could be passed off as legitimate business expenses, but not when you look at what the money was raised for. If you go on tv saying you need money for life saving plumbing repairs you do not spend it on luxury cars and a house

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I understand donations were made to provide people a free service to prevent fuel poverty but whats the chances that all the wages were probably paid from these donations and not just those that worked on providing a free service?

Reactions: 10
Did he think paying 70k in tax would show he and depher were going brilliant. Well look at the tax paid. All that could have gone on a shipping container with boilers in.
He's a thief.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I know this is harking back to yesterday but I also really appreciate your insights @mchops. We wouldn’t know half the stuff we know about his dodgy gas stuff if it weren’t for you.

The BBC didn‘t really touch on that aspect bar the smoking in front of a boiler photo but there is potentially a much bigger scandal here than mere financial impropriety

That said, whoever said he preys on the vulnerable and isolated elderly, I think that’s bang on. I’m sure he targets them hoping they’ve got a bit of cash stashed away. There are a lot of people who could do with a free boiler who are younger but they’re of no interest.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Sigh. Here we are again. He is honestly not a well man. Seriously. That video proves it. He genuinely scares me because you can see in his eyes he absolutely believes his own tit and thinks he will get away with it.

I own my house. If I bought my house outright and paid myself back £400, I am not “earning” anything or am I missing something? If James would also like to explain to me how he’s earning similar in interest just by owning the house, can he let me know as I’m missing a trick. What is scary about him is that for a second, I did genuinely think - is that possible?

And that’s how conmen like James do it. Throw lots of information, unclear, slightly plausible but completely un plausible at the same time. It becomes confusing but it’s the same old straw man stuff.

James - it wasn’t your money to decide to buy a house with, buying a family member a house with other people’s money because they have cancer is not appropriate. Lying, fraud, exploiting the vulnerable is not ok. I couldn’t give two fucks if the BBC didn’t copyright a picture correctly or whatever you moan about. You are a conman and a disgusting person.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Slight side step but in a plumbing/heating facebook group, somebody posted a DEPHER post a year ago and several of the members had already got him all figured out. It's mildly amusing.

1716318403780.png
1716318209175.png

1716318227143.png

1716318253314.png

1716318305944.png

1716318326438.png

1716318339885.png

1716318363486.png

1716318375881.png

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
With the title for the house he posted it takes 2 seconds to find the address. He really is so thick.

• Angry
Reactions: 21
I’m sure he targets them hoping they’ve got a bit of cash stashed away. There are a lot of people who could do with a free boiler who are younger but they’re of no interest.
i don't think this is quite it.

His T&C used to state that he would only assist those who were home-owners and couldn't replace boilers in rented accommodation. Looking at some of the photographs, it's very clear these are vulnerable people and I don't want to make assumptions but perhaps they don't/didn't have much money. What they do have, however, is their own home.
A lack of cash, but with an asset - vulnerable and with no immediate family members nearby, what does James Anderson do?
He starts offering funeral support. I'm sorry if i'm going way off here, but in my head it seems to tie in that these are people who may not even have money or a loved one to bury them; for all we know he could now be bequeathed a number of houses in the exchange for free boilers and the avoidance of some of these people having a 'paupers funeral' so to speak.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
i don't think this is quite it.

His T&C used to state that he would only assist those who were home-owners and couldn't replace boilers in rented accommodation. Looking at some of the photographs, it's very clear these are vulnerable people and I don't want to make assumptions but perhaps they don't/didn't have much money. What they do have, however, is their own home.
A lack of cash, but with an asset - vulnerable and with no immediate family members nearby, what does James Anderson do?
He starts offering funeral support. I'm sorry if i'm going way off here, but in my head it seems to tie in that these are people who may not even have money or a loved one to bury them; for all we know he could now be bequeathed a number of houses in the exchange for free boilers and the avoidance of some of these people having a 'paupers funeral' so to speak.
With a handy sideline of a shop to sell their belongs in.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
I'd be very surprised if he hasn't been a beneficiary in someone's will. It's also possible that some older people do have lots of cash but choose to live a certain way, maybe refuse to engage with services, don't want to spend money on their home, can't cope with the hassle. Any number of reasons. I've worked with older people for over 30 years, admittedly in social housing not private, but some people do just choose to live in what we would consider unacceptable conditions.

I can't get my head around this paying £200 a week back? Why doesn't he just get paid £200 less? Or is he paying back a director's loan?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
The man is deranged. He said he gave two different answers to the BBC about Joyce and they only broadcast one of them. Does he even understand what he's saying?
---
"I have a separate accountant". Yeah, a turf accountant

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Back in the archives! :) This one is pretty easy to spot but did make me chuckle.

Here he is fundraising using a picture of his own children. Whilst it's obviously not a photo taken recently, it is still arguably misleading. Archive here.

1716320073004.png

1716320227179.png

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
Back in the archives! :) This one is pretty easy to spot but did make me chuckle.

Here he is fundraising using a picture of his own children. Whilst it's obviously not a photo taken recently, it is still arguably misleading. Archive here.

View attachment 2949685

View attachment 2949690
It looks like a photo a parent now would get of their kids from a foster parent (obviously at the time it was taken, these photos were totally standard) and Jimmy knows it.

I know a few people who have kids out of their care for various reasons and they all do the posting phone pics of a photo thing.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.