Depher/CPH CIC #5 No Weddings and One Funeral

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He is so casual with information. Imagine letting people see your title number. You can see the full address via gov.uk then you can see things like the listing photos etc on Zoopla. Imagine saying it could be a safe place for DV survivors when you're broadcasting things like where it is, that it has a basement etc.

• Angry
Reactions: 24
Update to this. Somebody asked if she had heard back from James regarding the two images he used of her grandparents with fictional stories and the answer is no.

View attachment 2949181
Well he hasn't got a leg to stand on has he? Can't cry troll as the evidence is so blatant.
Plus the grandparents are still alive so he can't say they told him something in confidence which can't be disputed.
If I was the grandaughter I'd go (accompanied) to the Depher shop and speak to him. Ask him for his side of the story. Also tell him I was taping it to play to my grandparents who have been very upset by the whole thing. Not be confrontational - just for clarity.

Reactions: 17
I suppose one could say he doesn't discriminate. Doxxes members of the public, doxxes his own extended family ...

Reactions: 15
Subcontractor was true to his word when he told those people on twitter he was removing himself from DEPHER on the gas safe register

Screenshot_20240521_165954_Chrome.jpg

Probably explains this post now:

Screenshot_20240521_170104_Facebook.jpg

I hope James has the proper governance in place to quality assure the work, ensure the vulnerable customers his organisation supports are safe and ensure he's getting best value for people's donations etc. I imagine now he's running the business in a different manner, be might have to update his documentation with the CIC regulator because rather than providing free plumbing/heating, they're sourcing and funding it?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Although it’s not a legal requirement it would absolutely be best practice to make sure workers/ subcontractors have enhanced DBS checks and a policy in place around this.
The business/CIC is targeted to vulnerable adults and children. Would be a great idea to ensure all those contracted/employed/volunteering are not on any barred lists.
But he knows this already, doesn’t seem to care. One can only guess why.

• Angry
Reactions: 23
Subcontractor was true to his word when he told those people on twitter he was removing himself from DEPHER on the gas safe register

View attachment 2949252

View attachment 2949259

I hope James has the proper governance in place to quality assure the work, ensure the vulnerable customers his organisation supports are safe and ensure he's getting best value for people's donations etc. I imagine now he's running the business in a different manner, be might have to update his documentation with the CIC regulator because rather than providing free plumbing/heating, they're sourcing and funding it?
Chatty were they? :LOL:

1716308683410.png

• Haha
Reactions: 19

View attachment 2949252

View attachment 2949259

The way he refers to "the community" makes my blood boil

Reactions: 20

View attachment 2949252

View attachment 2949259

I’ve requested that my previous two posts regarding him be removed. I haven’t requested the same for the post about him subbing as I don’t think it warrants it, happy to be corrected though.
---
Edited to add:

View attachment 2949259
Companies House lists two companies called FireFitUK (one is FireFit UK). One based in Bedford, dissolved in 2016, and one based in Burnley dissolved in 2017.

That invoice is dated 20th April 2023.

I’m sure these companies are loving having their invoices plastered all over social media; the subbie yesterday hasn’t filed accounts since 2021 and the compulsory strike off from March 2023 has been objected to.
---
I’ve requested that my previous two posts regarding him be removed. I haven’t requested the same for the post about him subbing as I don’t think it warrants it, happy to be corrected though.
---
Edited to add:

Companies House lists two companies called FireFitUK (one is FireFit UK). One based in Bedford, dissolved in 2016, and one based in Burnley dissolved in 2017.

I’m sure these companies are loving having their invoices plastered all over social media; the subbie yesterday hasn’t filed accounts since 2021 and the compulsory strike off from March 2023 has been objected to.
QMLAN the address in Companies House for the Burnley Firefituk dissolved in 2017 is the same as the address listed currently on the Gas Safe register for FirefitUK.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
In regards to James’ “Statement” - that has given me a real laugh. I love it when the terminally thick James throws together big words he thinks are clever and important to create that shower of word-salad shite.

This will get into John Darwin territory before long. The man absolutely continues to dig his own grave with all these posts.

I am interested to know how much these sub-contractors knew and were involved in the murkiness. It’s questionable why you would work for him after seeing his posts anyway but as Burnley is on its arse and work isn’t always abundant, people may make questionable decisions. I don’t know. James is absolutely the Fagin but I want to know who his Artful Dodger crew is. I’ve never been quite clear - can anyone help?

Reactions: 17
He really has a unique world view.
Spending £70k donated for urgent “life saving” plumbing repairs on a house for his relatives
Claiming that trolls hacked his accounts to change photos on his posts- but he didn’t notice until years later when the interviews were actually broadcast so weeks after he was actually asked about it!
Spending a fortune on luxury cars as company vehicles for a plumbing company
Taking himself off the Gas Safety register immediately after being reported for obvious breaches (his own photos of a non approved employee working on a boiler with a fag in his mouth) to work on “more important things”…

---
Edited to add:

---

QMLAN the address in Companies House for the Burnley Firefituk dissolved in 2017 is the same as the address listed currently on the Gas Safe register for FirefitUK.
Is a CIC obliged to get 3 quotes does anyone know?

Reactions: 2
In regards to James’ “Statement” - that has given me a real laugh. I love it when the terminally thick James throws together big words he thinks are clever and important to create that shower of word-salad shite.

This will get into John Darwin territory before long. The man absolutely continues to dig his own grave with all these posts.

I am interested to know how much these sub-contractors knew and were involved in the murkiness. It’s questionable why you would work for him after seeing his posts anyway but as Burnley is on its arse and work isn’t always abundant, people may make questionable decisions. I don’t know. James is absolutely the Fagin but I want to know who his Artful Dodger crew is. I’ve never been quite clear - can anyone help?
No one who is on the Gas Safe Register is going to take on any subcontract work from him now. Too much risk to your reputation to be associated with him. Decent gas engineers aren’t short of work.

He really has a unique world view.
Spending £70k donated for urgent “life saving” plumbing repairs on a house for his relatives
Claiming that trolls hacked his accounts to change photos on his posts- but he didn’t notice until years later when the interviews were actually broadcast so weeks after he was actually asked about it!
Spending a fortune on luxury cars as company vehicles for a plumbing company
Taking himself off the Gas Safety register immediately after being reported for obvious breaches (his own photos of a non approved employee working on a boiler with a fag in his mouth) to work on “more important things”…
Yes the trolls altering the photos which he didn't notice until years later still doesn't look good for him. So he allowed false representations to stand encouraging people to donate.

Reactions: 16
Is a CIC obliged to get 3 quotes does anyone know?
The only rules about procurement that come to mind are if you employ any of the directors (either directly or via a company) you have to pay reasonable wages for the work done and can't inflate it as a way to extract profit.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
If someone in the area is snatching up all the work and money you'd have to sub contract for them. You can just be self employed, not a company listed to be freelance.
1600 for all that work is the 4 day rate. Where did the materials come from.

Reactions: 12
I don't know how it works for CICs but I know for companies that recieve public money there often has to be transparent and fair tender processes when appointing sub contractors to avoid bribery etc and the penalties for being caught are quite severe. CICs may not have these rules but they probably should have.

Reactions: 11
If someone in the area is snatching up all the work and money you'd have to sub contract for them. You can just be self employed, not a company listed to be freelance.
1600 for all that work is the 4 day rate. Where did the materials come from.
You can’t reuse a company name if said company has been dissolved though. I wonder if he knows exactly what he’s doing posting these subbie invoices, ‘If I’m going down, I’m going scorched earth and taking everyone with me’

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.