Depher /CPH CIC #4 Burnley Council have an approved list and Depher is not on it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And of course the lack of clarity as usual. How will money help with this 'hub'? Where will the money be used? Just looks like a shipping container to me so why will it help any youths? How will it solve thousands of problems?
So honestly my advice would be don't give any of your donators money (not yours) to something so unclear. Probably a friend or relative of his has something to do with it.
Also very much obsessed with how he still can’t use Facebook properly, he thinks tagging these stupid spam pages has tagged all of his friends/followers lmaooo

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 10
RE the shipping container that will be going into a car park, there's an email attached for further clarity but it just raises more questions. Who is funding this? How will an anti vandal shipping container in a car park solve these complicated problems?

FB_IMG_1714848555098.jpg

Why does funding come after buying the unit and where from?

Not to mention the people cheering it on somehow still think it's related to heating!
Screenshot_20240504_194903_Facebook.jpg

Not to make assumptions but there's something that really really rubs me the wrong way about this. It smacks of people simplifying the issues young people face and think they're just out causing trouble "because they're bored".

Reactions: 14
RE the shipping container that will be going into a car park, there's an email attached for further clarity but it just raises more questions. Who is funding this? How will an anti vandal shipping container in a car park solve these complicated problems?

View attachment 2915293

Not to mention the people cheering it on somehow still think it's related to heating!
View attachment 2915296

Not to make assumptions but there's something that really really rubs me the wrong way about this. It smacks of people simplifying the issues young people face and think they're just out causing trouble "because they're bored".
The associated business is already a nice looking social club/function room, with pool/snooker table and tvs etc. Why do they need a shipping container outside? Already have the perfect space for a youth club!

Reactions: 11
Why would youths want to go to a manky old shipping container to aid their 'problems'? It's so bloody patronising.
I hate this giving away people's donated money to these stupid causes. Bonkers.

Reactions: 15

View attachment 2915293

View attachment 2915296

Anything with this false sense of urgency is a scam.

Anything written like this email is a scam.

Reactions: 21
Why is the start up cost so specific down the last 25p?!
Surprised it’s not Jimmy’s fave figure of £5k
Look at all this bleeping spamming he does of every single Facebook page in Lancashire. The locals must hate him
---
Anything with this false sense of urgency is a scam.

Anything written like this email is a scam.
This #humble businessman who does so much for his #community was scammed out of £5000 £7273.25. The #scammers tried to come back for a further £7273.25 and when the #police came, they found something very worrying indeed, the #gentlemen were found to have a machete and gun in their #shipping #container. Very shocking indeed.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
I know it is a tedious waste of time to try to remind him but didn't he not so long ago say they were concentrating on heating and plumbing? And people were donating assuming that was the case?
Now it's to buy shipping containers for frankly extremely vague reasons - apart from to help the 'youth'.

Reactions: 13
I know it is a tedious waste of time to try to remind him but didn't he not so long ago say they were concentrating on heating and plumbing? And people were donating assuming that was the case?
Now it's to buy shipping containers for frankly extremely vague reasons - apart from to help the 'youth'.
That and sticking to one social media account. It’s working out well, as you can see.

• Haha
Have they got planning permission to park a permanent structure on the car park? Wiring it in from the nearby building will not pass any kind of safety inspection either. Where are toilets? Running water etc? That letter is a scam.

Have they got planning permission to park a permanent structure on the car park? Wiring it in from the nearby building will not pass any kind of safety inspection either. Where are toilets? Running water etc? That letter is a scam.
Just like that scam email about an orphanage that Jimmy thought was real lmaooo

Reactions: 7
It’s reading like someone who really doesn’t know what they’re doing. Far more needs to be done 1st.
Who’s the associated business?

Reactions: 4
It’s the usual smoke and mirrors I see. As we have evidence he has stated he personally knows the Organiser of what I will call the “Skip in a Car Park for Vulnerable Kids” Big Con, he can’t say he was once again duped can he? This being duped argument cannot co-exist with his argument that he runs a professional operation. We know this anyway but just in relevance to that point.

As I’ve always said, James is not a particularly clever con artist but you don’t have to be, to be successful. Say this Container idea isn’t legit, it’s a big enough amount to be worth risk but a small enough amount that people wouldn’t necessarily question it and if it was found out and you claimed being duped, again not really a big enough amount for people to take it too far.

I have a real issue with those who aren’t trained or working within a team working with those who are vulnerable particularly with this idealist, hero complex James has. I’ve seen people a hell of a lot better meaning than James fall foul of basic safeguarding because they “want to help” and “mean well” You cannot claim ignorance when you are the head of an organisation.

I continue to be frustrated, much like with Jack Monroe, the massively oversimplification of social issues such as poverty, housing, etc. I had an argument the other day when someone said social services should do more about hoarders. It’s a mental health issue, it’s massively complex and to some extent, people have the right to make their own choices and live their life as they see fit. I am also forever perplexed as to why people like James think air fryers and slow cookers are the answer to poverty.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It’s the usual smoke and mirrors I see. As we have evidence he has stated he personally knows the Organiser of what I will call the “Skip in a Car Park for Vulnerable Kids” Big Con, he can’t say he was once again duped can he? This being duped argument cannot co-exist with his argument that he runs a professional operation. We know this anyway but just in relevance to that point.

As I’ve always said, James is not a particularly clever con artist but you don’t have to be, to be successful. Say this Container idea isn’t legit, it’s a big enough amount to be worth risk but a small enough amount that people wouldn’t necessarily question it and if it was found out and you claimed being duped, again not really a big enough amount for people to take it too far.

I have a real issue with those who aren’t trained or working within a team working with those who are vulnerable particularly with this idealist, hero complex James has. I’ve seen people a hell of a lot better meaning than James fall foul of basic safeguarding because they “want to help” and “mean well” You cannot claim ignorance when you are the head of an organisation.

I continue to be frustrated, much like with Jack Monroe, the massively oversimplification of social issues such as poverty, housing, etc. I had an argument the other day when someone said social services should do more about hoarders. It’s a mental health issue, it’s massively complex and to some extent, people have the right to make their own choices and live their life as they see fit. I am also forever perplexed as to why people like James think air fryers and slow cookers are the answer to poverty.
Surprised Monroe didn’t give James a free supply of her recipe books/cards, including her greatest hits like rinsed spaghetti hoops, to go alongside his #thousands of slow cookers that were given for #free

• Haha
Surprised Monroe didn’t give James a free supply of her recipe books/cards, including her greatest hits like rinsed spaghetti hoops, to go alongside his #thousands of slow cookers that were given for #free
Because neither of them will ever acknowledge there is anyone else in the world except themself who is “helping the poor”.

Reactions: 9
Not sure where that £3k listing is from, is it fb? The exact same container is on ebay with exact same photos for £4500 + vat, so £5400.

1714919062185.png

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Not sure where that £3k listing is from, is it fb? The exact same container is on ebay with exact same photos for £4500 + vat, so £5400.

View attachment 2916653
Oh my god, the fb listing is probably a scam
ETA: eBay business is based in Salford, where shipping container is located, guy on FB is from Halifax but claims it’s based in Burnley?
EBay has plenty of legit reviews and the company does exist. Seems the fb listing is a scam…

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
The whole thing screams dodgy.
Jimmy saying he knows the organiser very well does not inspire confidence in the slightest either. He's far too happy handing out donated money to friends/relatives.

Oh my god, the fb listing is probably a scam
ETA: eBay business is based in Salford, where shipping container is located, guy on FB is from Halifax but claims it’s based in Burnley?
EBay has plenty of legit reviews and the company does exist. Seems the fb listing is a scam…
That sounds likely doesn't it? Thick as pigshit, the lot of them

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.