Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Girty Drifter

He’s started spamming picture after picture on the Depher Facebook* account. All pictures of vulnerable people holding up his invoices or business cards, because somehow he thinks this is the answer to it all. They’re all tagged ‘this is Depher’ or something else saccharine

*rather glad I reactivated earlier in the week tbh. I’m not normally live for any kind of chaos.

edit: I count at least 56 pictures in the last half hour over about ten posts.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 27

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
I am constantly staggered by all the crap on Twitter that people fall for; Depher, Carly Bird, Jack Monroe, Captain Tom’s daughter, Bex and her cookbook etc etc etc. There are probably more threads on here about others that are up to no good. Scamming grifters the lot of them.
The whole lot needs put together and used to really show people that tattle isn’t full of trolls but educated individuals who don’t fall for this crap.
Same. I'm a cynical old cunt, always have been, always will be and Tattle has only made me even more so.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Wow, quite the blow up eh. I've never liked the social media posts but didn't realise it ran this deep, well done to everyone who brought the level of this to light.
It does make you wonder, is there no due dilligence at all these days? Big donations from public figures, pride of britain award, new garden and a ton of exposure from ITV and Alan Titchmarsh- shocking really just how long he was able to get away with it being rewarded along the way.
It was the same with Monroe. Like with Depher to start with a few brave souls poked their heads above the parapet and got told they were discusting jealous trolls, while rewards were showered on the grifters in the form of money, fame and attention from celebrities. They then think they are invincible because the likes of Hugh Grant, Gary Lineker and Nigella think they are so marvellous.

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
Joyce's family need to sue him. I hope he goes to jail. Despicable vile human being, this is far far worse than anything I could have imagined.

• Sick

VeniVidiVicki

VIP Member
Bloody hell. It’s so much worse reading it all written down in one place. Exploiting Elderly vulnerable people is as scummy as you can get.

I really hope this makes wealthy fools like Hugh Grant stop giving cash to random people and that it also leads to a lot more scrutiny of CICs as we know a lot of them are set up effectively to fool people into thinking they’re charities. I think the regular (sic Carlz Burd) and how CICs operate needs a massive overhaul

Last edited:

Lazarus

VIP Member
He also said “I’ll give the money back, if they want it back” about misleading GFM stories
straight from the book of jack monroe: if you want to take your money back at the expense of starving people, i'll give you it back, or whatever emotionally manipulative language it was that she used.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26

L3moning

VIP Member
Has anyone ever been stripped of a Pride of Britain award?

Asking for a dodgy plumber from Burnley.

• Haha

lilykestrel

VIP Member
also goes to show the emojis were not necessarily for 'safeguarding', they were to try and hide reusing the photos

re: Carbon Monoxide death post
James: "that's disgusting, that's shocking, I haven't got a clue where that has come from"
Ed: "you've described your own post as disgusting and shocking?"
James: "yes! I have! but it's not my post! well I don't think..."
Ed: "it is your post, it is Depher's post"
James: "yeah yeah it is, it's on, it's on Depher's post"
Ed: "you cannot say that's not your post, that's not correct"
James: "Right, OK, it's Depher's post, but how it got onto Depher's account, I don't know, that is actually disgusting reading, misleading post and I, yeah, and I apologise from the bottom of my heart"
Ed: "is that a lie?"
James: "that is a lie whoever put that on there, yeah, it is a lie, too right it's a lie"

slippery as an eel this one

• Angry

gimm3more

VIP Member
Proper made me snort. 😭

Got no sympathy for them having people flipping off their house. They advertised the names, faces, addresses of vulnerable people all over social media and didn't give a shit when it was reported to them. Zero empathy and self awareness.
They’re all beeping and cheering the incredible #covid garden

• Haha