Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I think we all need to take a minute and appreciate those twitter folk who have stuck to their guns and (from what I’ve read) have been interviewed by bbc. They’ve been doxx’d and abused and were/are racially abused. Can’t even imagine how they feel.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

lilykestrel

VIP Member
1715843623271.png

this young lady, 96 years young, needed a #lamp because of her #cold blood. She is part of the #Depher family now, and we will #takecareofher #thisisdepher

• Haha
Reactions: 52

Tin Can Crook

Chatty Member
someone has posted a long thread on Twitter about how Depher engineers bent a boiler inlet pipe to fit a faulty shower and flooded their home. Jimmy told them to use their insurance when their kitchen ceiling collapsed.

I imagine more like this will come out the woodwork today
Going back to this, they've reposted in one post and I'm disgusted about how this person and their family have been treated. :(

Their house destroyed and they got doxxed and abused in return. After seeing the nasty way Jimmy has lashed out to people before, I whole heartedly believe this.

20240516_130557.png
20240516_130559.png
20240516_130601.png
20240516_130602.png

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 50

Tin Can Crook

Chatty Member
ah but you see it was because of the trolls that James *checks notes* completely fabricated a story about saving a woman's life, created a prop for said story to use as photo evidence on a fundraiser, and then continued to repeat the story on various platforms. So it's their fault.
I personally hate it when I trip up and accidentally use fundraised money to buy myself a house. Damn haters.

• Haha
Reactions: 45

ahkrin

I know, I had to start a tombola shop to get rid of all the houses I accidentally bought.

• Haha

Tin Can Crook

Chatty Member
How am I reading a second god damn drama on this website that involves roast potatoes, I am at my wit's end.

• Haha

Lobster Johnson

Chatty Member
Just watched the programme, about as much of a hatchet job as it could've been in the run time without getting sidetracked. Lets be honest they could have made a three hour long documentary if they had widened the scope beyond the misleading posts into other stuff.

Hello to all Jimmy's fellow grifters who read their own Tattle threads and are no doubt peeping in here this morning, I hope this new direction in BBC investigative journalism gives you sleepless nights going forward 😘
monroe.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42

MurielSnark

VIP Member
Having read the BBC piece and watched the doccie, a few thoughts:
  1. It is right they focus on the safeguarding and exploitation of people who cannot give informed consent or were ignored, despite denying permission to publicise their stories. The repeated use of images to support fake stories as ways of begging money is egregious and must count as fraud.
  2. The fake noose posted with a link to a GoFundMe is just about the worst thing I've ever seen in a crowded space for emotionally manipulative grifters.
  3. The journos must push back on what happens to all the personal data Depher holds on its vulnerable beneficiaries. If a systemic data breach has occurred, what are the mechanisms to shut this down? What does the ICO say about this? Those individuals are no safer now but are even possibly more at risk of being targeted by other criminals now that there's a bigger focus on them in the media.
  4. The BBC touches on the shoddy work practices, focusing on the guy smoking on the job. However, there's so much more to this angle. Has Depher employed unqualified, unregistered workers who were allowed to do work unsupervised? Jimmy says he was present, supervising the smoking worker at the time -- why didn't the journos ask him whether he thought smoking was ok and why he filmed it and posted it? Is Depher doing work installing and repairing appliances they are unqualified to work on? How many other customers out there are unhappy with the quality of work delivered? The BBC even refers to Jimmy as a plumber when he is not one. What do the professional registering bodies think of this?
  5. Jimmy says in the film that he will return money donated if any donors ask him to. Apart from large individual sums (e.g. Hugh Grant and his unfortunate £75k), this is simply not possible to do. With all those crowdfunders, and people giving small amounts each, he may as well be trying to put air back into an unsealed bottle. So the journos should push back on this. It's not just a matter of returning money; it's the whole practice of how Depher goes about fundraising, using fraudulent tactics.
  6. The misleading accounts of the CIC should be deeper interrogated. The huge spends on generic admin (disproportionate to income and line items spending) are such a screeching red flag. How many staff are on salary and how many are sub-contractors? What is the real detail of Jimmy's non-wage? What about the massive director's loan? Are they really paying all the tax, NI and insurance they should be?
  7. The CIC regulator should be approached to comment on this. On the issues around governance, on financial reporting, on the restrictions around being a company aimed at a "social good". And what happens when it's gone wrong, as in this case?
  8. The BBC really should do a mea culpa and acknowledge its own role in giving this guy a massive platform in the past which boosted his income. As someone pointed out, the algorithms are already linking to past stories on the BBC platforms which praised Depher uncritically.
  9. It also should not be overlooked that Jimmy has form for deeply unpleasant racism, sexism and ableism. And he weaponised trolls who went after some of his critics in very sinister and threatening ways. It's not good enough for him to say he's sorry and made some mistakes.
  10. There's definitely some good opportunities now for consumer journalists to run some pieces about trends in online grifting and how people should learn to ask critical questions before they part with their money.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

mchops

VIP Member
Gas safe really should audit depher. I'm sure the installations, paperwork is a mess. Testing certs, generic risk assessments. PPE, after care. Transfer of waste certs... I could go on. I've reported him before. I'm going to do it again . Engineers hate this sort of shit. Makes everyone think we are all conmen .

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Sensible Susan

VIP Member
Joyce's family need to sue him. I hope he goes to jail. Despicable vile human being, this is far far worse than anything I could have imagined.
I'm quite ashamed to say I was looking forward to this, but to hear the actual victims' voices and the reality of it all is a shocker.
That poor man (rip) clearly saying "no" to filming is the face I won't forget, ironically.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

lilykestrel

VIP Member
Twitter are comparing and contrasting more screenshots, namely that this is the same floor

1715887782004.png
1715887801813.png

also did Babs get roast dinner advice from Jack's mum?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38

Lazarus

VIP Member
imagine being higher profile than a political assassination attempt on the national news.

#humbled

1715851013165.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37

MurielSnark

VIP Member
Holy fucking shit
Well, there it is.

What's good about this is that the BBC team have done what nobody on Twitter or Tattle can do -- they've traced and spoken to the real people who've been abused by this awful man. So, in doing so, they're able to substantiate all the stuff people have been saying for a long time; that Depher routinely and consciously exploits vulnerable people, who may have explicitly denied them permission to use their images and stories, for clicks and money. So this is huge.

It's all been there all along but it's taken a team of investigative journos from the national broadcaster to put it all out in black and white.

There's lots more they can write about and other publications will probably follow up with other angles on this. The tabloids love a wrong 'un.

So, let's hope the story runs and more stuff is uncovered. Jimmy should probably lawyer up.

• Heart
Reactions: 37