Depher /CPH CIC #4 Burnley Council have an approved list and Depher is not on it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He’s an absolute numb skull. There’s a Facebook group which is new to me where he’s repeatedly posting photos of people they’ve helped, but he’s identifying their faces, their homes, the contents of their bank account and their benefit entitlement on invoices AFTER the ICO tells me he’s been warned about this. I’ll be reporting them again tomorrow.
Also, he made two £50 donations to cancer research on Saturday. Why? Why two?

View attachment 2933918
I thought Gift Aid could only be claimed on personal donations, so is he donating company funds and claiming it’s his own personal money?

Edit: Does he then run it through Depher’s books and claim tax relief on it?

Why does every single thing he does raise more questions?!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Like everything else, it seems he doesn't understand what Gift Aid is.
He understands so very little. Like this dog ‘thank you’ letter (that doesn’t contain the phrase ‘thank you’) and wasn’t there another charity letter that he posted claiming it was a personal ‘thank you’? I do wonder whether this is indicative of his level of literacy, or if he simply doesn’t bother reading it so assumes no one else will.

Reactions: 11
He understands so very little. Like this dog ‘thank you’ letter (that doesn’t contain the phrase ‘thank you’) and wasn’t there another charity letter that he posted claiming it was a personal ‘thank you’? I do wonder whether this is indicative of his level of literacy, or if he simply doesn’t bother reading it so assumes no one else will.
That dog letter is just batshit crazy. I reckon the only plan in his head is to spam socials with as much bumph as he can find, hoping nobody will read it properly. He hasn't taken into account the beady eyes of the Twitter watchers who won't let him emit a fart without investigating it and the tattlers who keep track too.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Nah it was a generic Jehovah’s Witness letter he claimed was a thank you letter 😭😭
He also signed up to the Cancer Research mailing list and acted as if they had written to him personally hahahaha

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
The Google reviews for Depher are getting a little interesting. A few from people saying they’ve been blocked on SM, and one tonight saying he hasn’t bothered to turn up to a private job booked. He’s replied to all of them except the latest one in his usual professional manner.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Is the 'more to come in the next few days' going to involve a machete and/or respite care and/or the bathroom of her dreams
---
Maybe Blue the dog is Balkan (by marriage)?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Interesting how many of those reviews are from people who’ve never used the service but seen St James on TV. A programme shown in Germany keeps getting mentioned, did anyone catch that? (I dip in and out of Tattle as my blood pressure allows these days!)

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Interesting how many of those reviews are from people who’ve never used the service but seen St James on TV. A programme shown in Germany keeps getting mentioned, did anyone catch that? (I dip in and out of Tattle as my blood pressure allows these days!)
I googled that German tv thing to see if it was real as the reviews looked sus and I’m sure it just showed the “this lady’s invoice went viral” story on like a local community tv network with some dubbed Depher fb videos. It wasn’t some huge documentary type thing

Reactions: 3
He's reposted this, the fact he thinks he's above the law is startling to be honest.

Screenshot_20240514_095502_Facebook.jpg

Nobody forced him to operate as a CIC.

Starting to lose hope on the BBC thing, not going to lie.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I googled that German tv thing to see if it was real as the reviews looked sus and I’m sure it just showed the “this lady’s invoice went viral” story on like a local community tv network with some dubbed Depher fb videos. It wasn’t some huge documentary type thing

He gets the first twenty mins of this ARTEde thing "Poor in (spite of) work" (ARTEde is a Franco-German public broadcaster, but it is legit, one of those European dual language cultural exchange projects we don't really have in Britain cos we're insular little so and sos etc.). From the production values it looks like it's filmed by them.

Haven't watched it all, just skimmed through, but looks like it's following him round on a day fixing a tap and he gets to bleat about magic moments of beauty
The German dub actor voice choice is v funny tho

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.