Depher/CPH CIC #3 No nervous breakdown, I’m good, honest.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone ever attended the ✨grand opening✨ of a shop selling refurbished plumbing parts?

come along for a free tombola ticket where you can win
Signed photos of Britain’s Kindest Plumber
A meet and greet with Britain’s Kindest Plumber
An autograph from Mr Khan
And many many more prizes

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I reckon he just uses ChatGPT
Really?

Because the difference between the text on this latest shop announcement and the handwritten text on the amended articles of association are absolutely not the work of the same person.

Reactions: 8
Has anyone ever attended the ✨grand opening✨ of a shop selling refurbished plumbing parts?

come along for a free tombola ticket where you can win
Signed photos of Britain’s Kindest Plumber
A meet and greet with Britain’s Kindest Plumber
An autograph from Mr Khan
And many many more prizes
enter a raffle to win a slow cooker and a length of plastic pipe (not to be used for gas)

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I'm not going to use an established wholesaler that gives me a credit free account and a massive discount, I'll use this bleep. Said no engineer ever
He must have a little gang of dodgy trades around him, any upvc soffit for sale jimmy, need a bit of lead too for flashing.

Eta. The boiler scrap scheme which gave people 400 towards a new installation on old boilers with pilot lights was ended last year. The boiler engineer could claim that against the invoice. I wonder why he is setting up a parts shop?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Really?

Because the difference between the text on this latest shop announcement and the handwritten text on the amended articles of association are absolutely not the work of the same person.
He definitely is not working with a copywriter. The copy is so different because it's all regurgitated by AI.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
He definitely is not working with a copywriter. The copy is so different because it's all regurgitated by AI.
I defer to others' expertise on this. I used to be a writer for hire and it pains me to think that this is all AI. But also can't imagine receiving a brief from Jimmy that would make any sort of sense so....

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Who the hell is going to want refurbished boiler parts apart from a few plumbers? Seems like a very niche market. Wouldn't he be better using them in his work anyway?

Reactions: 12
Sounds like money laundering to me. Hiding in plain sight.

I'm only half joking

Reactions: 19
Really?

Yeh that’s what I mean, all he’d have to put into ChatGPT is something like “write a description of a DEPHER shop selling secondhand quality plumbing boiler parts” and it would magic something up. EBay has an AI feature now and if you let it write a product description it’s really decent. Either that or one of his 6 kids is literate enough to make something up.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Would love to know the AI prompt that created that.

Something along the lines of 'What would a cult leader under investigation by the authorities say?'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
“My precious child,” said James, “I love you and I would never leave you. Those times when you see only one set of footprints; that’s when I was sat in me van plastering you all over me socials.”
"It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by tombola tickets"

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I’ve said it before, the shop in its various incarnations is a job creation scheme for his wife/family members. There is no other conceivable reason for him to open a plumbing supplies shop.

Reactions: 18
The plumbing shop is an old Charlie mullins/pimlico plumbers trick.
You give the engineers the work, but they must also purchase all materials from his shop.
Claw that money back somehow

• Wow
Reactions: 15
"It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by tombola tickets"
“I am the way, the GDP breach, and the fucked pilot light. No one in Burnley comes to a further tatty shop to buy dodgy, dangerous, used boiler spares except through me.”

• Haha
Reactions: 21
i'm assuming CICs get free or heavily reduced rental/business rates?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.