Depher/CPH CIC #3 No nervous breakdown, I’m good, honest.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Very good point @mchops.

I reckon he's a tit gas engineer. If he's not deliberately bleeping things up in order to ensure repeat visits, I imagine he's allowing things to deteriorate without giving his clients information about upgrading or various govt schemes to help with the costs. AFAIK, there's never been one single social media post signposting vulnerable people towards govt grants for boilers, nor has he ever posted about helping a customer access one.

Then -- when there's inevitably a crisis and everything goes on the blink -- he comes in with a hard sell about the most expensive options (probably with inflated labour costs) and when they say they can't pay, it gives him a sexual thrill to be able to be the charitable bestower of largesse.

His whole modus operandi stinks to high heaven.
Someone on Twitter has pointed out his work is really shoddy and the only thing he can do is rip out and replace a boiler. He makes all sorts of excuses when pulled up about referring people to govt schemes.

Reactions: 18
The gummy grifter has posted a new “public information” video. Says that “profits that are left over we have to pay tax on” and that “we won’t have to do that when we are a charity which should be happening soon”
Good grief

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
The gummy grifter has posted a new “public information” video. Says that “profits that are left over we have to pay tax on” and that “we won’t have to do that when we are a charity which should be happening soon”
Good grief
Sounds about as odd and misguided as usual.

All normal (unfortunately) in DEPHER CIC head land, then.

I have a horrible secret: I think he's a fool before he's a grifter.

Same outcome, though. bleeping head.

Reactions: 18
If he doesn't like the scrutiny of being a CIC he's going to loooove the level of oversight and regulation that comes with being a registered charity! He's deluded if he thinks this is going to solve all his problems. I really hope he can straighten up and get everything on the level to be an effective charity that focuses on its stated aims of providing heating a plumbing support for needy people, but also he's a thickie with a messiah complex and a sideline in grifting for his family so...

Reactions: 28
If he doesn't like the scrutiny of being a CIC he's going to loooove the level of oversight and regulation that comes with being a registered charity! He's deluded if he thinks this is going to solve all his problems. I really hope he can straighten up and get everything on the level to be an effective charity that focuses on its stated aims of providing heating a plumbing support for needy people, but also he's a thickie with a messiah complex and a sideline in grifting for his family so...
Yeh I see that there will be *no* issues at all for them if they became a charity…

The amount of times he’s mentioned tax (before the social media cleanses and now in that video) it’s clear he just wants DEPHER to be a charity to dodge as much tax as possible. Which wouldn’t be an issue if he wasn’t using the CIC to hoard wealth for him and his family.

Attachments

Reactions: 13
Good luck with that charity registration Jimmy. You'll need to appoint trustees, file an annual report of activities and accounts, and submit to a million more oversights, even assuming you would make it through the registration process.

I wouldn't employ this guy as a salaried member of staff, let alone trust him to manage a charity.

Reactions: 19
Being a charity is what Depher's crying out for. But he's not the man to run it. The level of scrutiny is so far above his understanding

Reactions: 11
Why the sudden interest in becoming a charity? After the strange update to the CIC registration I wonder if he is about to lose that status. If that is the case, conversion to charity is a desperate step.

Reactions: 10
Well I for one hope he does get charity status as it will open him up to a whole new level of scrutiny. I imagine people (including myself) can be confused as to what he is allowed to do right now. But once you're a charity it's incredibly clear cut. And buying houses for your in laws, with peppercorn rent, 'as an investment' would NOT be allowed.

Reactions: 20
If he forms a charity he will either need to be an unpaid trustee and have no role in the day to day management of the organisation *or* run the charity under the supervision of the trustees. He can't do both.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
1711477955534.png

paid by Depher OUT OF DONATIONS MADE TO DEPHER
---
also 75 years young makes my skin crawl

if I were a betting woman, I'd put a tenner on him having done the "mother and daughter! I thought you were sisters!" bit at least several times

• Sick
Reactions: 20
Nice selling point when they inherite the house a new boiler.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall for a few months at depher, bent as a nine bob bit

Reactions: 10
View attachment 2838659

paid by Depher OUT OF DONATIONS MADE TO DEPHER
---
also 75 years young makes my skin crawl

if I were a betting woman, I'd put a tenner on him having done the "mother and daughter! I thought you were sisters!" bit at least several times
“After assessing the ladies’ health” ffs you’re not a doctor Jimmy
Says Depher will fit it but then it says a subcontractor will do it. Which is it?
And for fucks sake, WHY is the “materials” bit of the invoice just filled with this woman’s health problems?! “Varicose veins” is that necessary for an invoice?!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
And for fucks sake, WHY is the “materials” bit of the invoice just filled with this woman’s health problems?! “Varicose veins” is that necessary for an invoice?!
It is almost as if the whole purpose of the invoice is to weave a narrative for social media.

• Angry
Reactions: 15
Without saying too much, I can say with a degree of certainty that if he was permitted to register as a charity, it wouldn’t take long for CPHCIC to be under investigation by their regulatory compliance authorities.
permission would need to be sought for purchasing property and would most likely be refused, he would have to declare payments made to family members, would have to have an independent trustee on their board, would be subject to visits, would potentially end up being struck off and banned from involvement in any charities for a certain period.
He would be acting outside of his charitable objects and therefore open to receiving a written warning which is matter for public records.
at the first whiff of a beneficiary being identified, they’d be all over him.
Their processes are lengthy but they’d get there in the end.

PS, who are these invoices written for? He’s head of his own company so who’s he justifying free services to? And in what way are varicose veins relevant!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.