Demi Donnelly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But coming onto and external site and bitching about people isn’t going to do anything it just makes you look sad? If you genuinely have issues I’m the type of person who’d always go to someone if I didn’t agree with something, so I will always be open to people coming to me if they have an issue with me or my content, rather than a stupid site which ultimately isn’t going to achieve anything. I’m not the type of person to delete negativity I’ll always respond in some way or another so that point is invalid for me.

Hauls are a big part of my job as they are one of my most requested videos & most of the brands I work with are clothing brands. I variety my content up all the time, therefore if I post a video you don’t like, don’t watch? Simple. If I post a video you fell you’ll like, give it a watch if you want, simple? It’s really not that hard boo I post content I want and unfortunately I’m doing so there will always be people who love it and hate it

My main audience is 18-24 not young girls at all. Don’t comment on stuff you don’t know babe

Anyway huns lovely chatting with you all, I’m going to delete this account now or log out as this site is really boring, and I actually have a life to live. However keep at the good work, you really all do give me a giggle everyone once in awhile when I decide to check in with you all.

Keep living your best life 😗 xoxoxoxxoxo
You do delete negativity though as I didn't see any comments about fast fashion, and you deleted that tweet. 🤔
You don't realise that you're in a position of privilege to simply not care about where your money is going. I respected you for being honest the amount you earn, but its a bit tit if you're getting £5000 at the expense of some poor people working long hours in sweatshops, only for you to send half the stuff back once you've shown it on camera.
This isn't an attack on you personally - its an issue I have with all influencers. Same for these challenge videos like 'eating 10000 calories' where people just binge eat for the day.

Reactions: 18
Credit where it's due, Demi has gone way up in my estimation for coming on here and calmly responding and explaining her point of view. Grace under fire is never easy, I'm not a big Demi fan (wayyy too old), but I think her responses here were mature and measured.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Most of this is completely irrelevant mate, so don’t even know why I’m responding to you but I will anyway since you took the time out of your Saturday to comment.

You’ll be surprised how many people return items, it’s basically trying the items on for the camera and showing people what the item looks like it, I’m completely within my rights to return items I don’t think I’ll wear, as are you. Most of my hauls are Primark so I don’t use affiliate links.

And your telling me if you could make your hobby your job you wouldn’t?! Exactly course you would do it, so stop being so bitter about youtubers tirning there hobbies into a job, it’s silly as hell because anyone in this situation would do the same.

That video got 500,000 views so I’ll think you’ll find most of my followers do knows bout me talking on the Chris situation but I took my channel in a different directly which I’m fully entitled to do so deleted the videos, it’s not that deep
I am not surprised at the lows that youtubers go to make money.

But what message are you sending to young girls/adults with all these hauls. Do you admit on your channels that you return the majority of the items and you are just showcasing for content/Adsense!!

And no you do not have a legal right to return items bought in stores, it is down to a stores return policy if they have one. Think you need to brush up on your Consumer Contracts Regulations. But like ASOS closing down accounts for serial returners the minority will ruin return policies for the majority!!

I have an opinion that showcasing clothes haul which is monetised then returning the items is unethical. This is not being bitter!!

Reactions: 24
I’m honestly quite disappointed.
I actually kind of liked Demi. I mean, her content has been a bit all over the place for a while but I thought she was a bit more genuine than some of the other ‘influencers’ (if genuine and influencer can exist together that is) but definitely showing her true colours.
I can’t stand this whole ‘I take criticism’ line and then freaks out at the first sign to a differing opinion you tubers seem to have.

Why is it these people think they should be allowed to say what they want and make videos on what they want and if people don’t like it or have any issues about it, they should just say nothing? Very much double standards.

You always know someone can’t think of anything to say when they pull out the ‘you’re just sad’ argument.

Shame really.

Reactions: 26
I actually kind of liked Demi. I mean, her content has been a bit all over the place for a while but I thought she was a bit more genuine than some of the other ‘influencers’ (if genuine and influencer can exist together that is) but definitely showing her true colours.
I can’t stand this whole ‘I take criticism’ line and then freaks out at the first sign to a differing opinion you tubers seem to have.

Why is it these people think they should be allowed to say what they want and make videos on what they want and if people don’t like it or have any issues about it, they should just say nothing? Very much double standards.

You always know someone can’t think of anything to say when they pull out the ‘you’re just sad’ argument.

Shame really.
👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
This is exactly what I wanted to say but you articulated it so much better than I would have lol

Reactions: 5

Shame really.
I totally agree, I read her comments here and though she just sounded like a bitter witch....for want of a better word, Ive actually quite liked her in the past but agree her content has nosedived, so when she came on here preaching how we all should tell her direct when we have an opinion rather than (shock horror) discuss it here with like minded folk it just came across as her being very self important, like how dare we chat to others without messaging her first...WTF!
Tattle is a snark site, a place to discuss and debate people we find irritating, when will people "get" that? and if they call us sad, pathetic, keyboard warriors etc one more time my eyes may roll so much they never stop! She made herself look daft today, cringe, passive aggressive and all fake "don't care"
thinks shes the first to come here and try to tell us all off........ok hun.....ok ;) NEXT!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
aw such a shame. I liked Demi until I read her posts. What’s with calling everyone sad and pathetic but yet still rolling in the mud with us pigs?

Reactions: 18

Think people here definitely hit a nerve.
Her thread wasn't even that negative before she came here lol.
Also I don't get what she expects re: criticism, most of the comments were positive and just saying I wish she'd do this or wish she'd have more variety in content etc?
Literally every job comes with some form of criticism at some point - whether thats from the general public, your boss, colleagues, the government etc?

Reactions: 14
Demi says she isn’t bothered by the comments made here but proceeds to make an account to defend herself which is interesting. Usually the ones who feel they need to defend themselves the most are the ones who care the most.

Also her defence was very passive aggressive and patronising so she was clearly triggered on some level.

In my opinion I wouldn’t say she was mature or graceful in her response, the opposite in fact. All the sarcastic pet name calling ‘huns’, ‘mate’, ‘babe’, insincerely wishing people a ‘lush weekend’ and to ‘keep living your best life’, saying to keep the thread as it gives her a good ‘giggle’ (whilst also complaining about the thread, makes sense, right?), relishing in the fact that she feels ‘relevant’ as people are discussing her. Her passive aggressive and patronising comments shows her level of maturity.

Ps I didn’t have a problem with Demi pre passive aggressive comments. Her content has been a bit stale and she was never able to think of her own video ideas or would never fully follow through with challenges etc but she was somewhat entertaining nonetheless. However her true colours have come out bright and clear.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
If makes me so annoyed whey they have 100,000+ followers and get 100's of messages per day worshiping them but call us 'sad' for having a negative opinion on them and go on like they are normal people just doing their hobby. This is also aimed at Brummy etc. They are in an industry worth a lot of money, extremely well paid but only expect the roses. It pisses me off.

Reactions: 22
The issue is that she wants people to think the criticism and ‘hate’ run off her like water off a ducks back. But she clearly obsessed over this site?

Reactions: 6
The issue is that she wants people to think the criticism and ‘hate’ run off her like water off a ducks back. But she clearly obsessed over this site?
Yeah its very weird. Claims she thinks sites like this are hilarious and sad, yet came here and also posted one of her replies on Twitter for her followers to praise her over.

Reactions: 7
I guess she just thrives on the attention and the drama
For sure, she can pretend she’s different but really just like all the other ‘influencers’
It takes a certain person to be able to live their lives the way they do and a very certain person to then not succumb to all the ads and freebies that come with it!
It’s very naive to come on here and admit returning most clothes from hauls, literally what is the point? Oh yehh to earn money from fast fashion and aff links 🙄🙄

Reactions: 4
Wow!!!

You return items, after you have monetised showing them on your own platforms!! And of course Af link.

It's not part of your job you made it your job.

A lot of your followers have forgotten or don't know that you were one of the youtubers that jumped on the Ingham bandwagon and were in Cahoots with the Leasa Wilkes woman.
Oooh how was she involved with the minghams? Hope she's not a Chris mingham sympathiser 🙄😐

Reactions: 1
Oooh how was she involved with the minghams? Hope she's not a Chris mingham sympathiser 🙄😐
She made a video or two when the stuff came out, but got hit with a letter from Levis so ended up deleting them.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.