Demi Donnelly #6 Controversy for clicks, hey Amber does your brother still like your tits?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely she can’t think those fila dresses look nice on her Hahahahahahahahaha

Takes a certain type of person and body shape to pull of 90’s looks. She ain’t the one

Reactions: 18
Can we talk about how she can't spell the title .. this is your job? Are you not checking things as they go up??
Someone commented about this telling her she spelt it wrong, she’s hearted it but has still left it misspelled, honestly baffles me how she has a following, her videos are sloppy and not well presented, her editing is atrocious, she can’t even finish a sentence without cutting it halfway through a word, there are so many smaller youtubers out there who deserve what she has but cannot get it because of people like her!🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 19
There's absolutely no point making a video about Depop and fast fashion etc if you're too narrow minded to even question your own views, she has zero criticial thinking skills.

I just don't really get it?? The whole issue with fast fashion isn't the average person buying a couple of things from Boohoo every so often, it's the influencers who do haul after haul after haul every week. Sure, some of us (those who are financially able to, at least) could be more mindful, but it's people like Demi who have the most to change - they have the money and the ~influence~ to set a good example, but they just cba.

The gist of it is that Demi's putting her own wants before anyone else's. She doesn't give a tit that workers are being paid £3 an hour as long as she gets free postage and a 20% discount. As long as she doesn't have to pay £35 in postage, she's good. She is so selfish.

(And a massive hypocrite - going vegan for the poor animals but can't extend the same empathy for her fellow humans. Lovely person)

Reactions: 20
The whole rant was completely tone deaf I actually can’t believe she uploaded that for the world to see. Sustainable shopping doesn’t mean solely shopping second hand, there are so many companies now that are slow fashion and sustainable (someone mentioned some great ones earlier) - if she researched she would realise this!

Some youtubers i watch (naynaflorence and moyamawhinney) showcase shopping slow fashion/sustainable/secondhand perfectly - and are smaller youtubers than Demi and can still manage to afford it. If she’s bragging she makes 5-7k a month then I’m pretty sure sustainable slow fashion brands ARE accessible to her.

if the consumer stops buying then the companies will hopefully change their ways, unfortunately she’s too narrow minded, and probably doesn’t even think about the factors that go into fast fashion being so cheap

Reactions: 14
She makes it look like the only option for second hand clothing is depop. I live in a small town and there are at least 4 or 5 second hand shops, I've bought many things, some with the tag still on and most of the items are under 5€. There are even second hand shops/small businesses geared towards plus size women. She's just lazy and making excuses

Reactions: 6
If depop is so bad why the duck does she sell on there at marked up prices for the free crap she got and her USED swimsuits?

You are not the champion of the poor, you are the spokesperson for a consumerist lifestyle which devalues the lives of the "foreigners" who mean nothing to you, so you can buy hundreds of pounds of clothing a week and pretend you are living such a luxury extravagant lifestyle.

Reactions: 20
If depop is so bad why the duck does she sell on there at marked up prices for the free crap she got and her USED swimsuits?

You are not the champion of the poor, you are the spokesperson for a consumerist lifestyle which devalues the lives of the "foreigners" who mean nothing to you, so you can buy hundreds of pounds of clothing a week and pretend you are living such a luxury extravagant lifestyle.
This!!

She's making excuses in the comments under her video, once again about data protection. Get a freaking P.O box then, you lazy slag

Reactions: 12
The "every influencer sells gifted items on Depop" line doesn't really wash imo - just because other people do it, it doesn't give you a free pass. Even worse when they claim to "love" a piece of clothing so much and then sell it on Depop the next week. So you're lying to your audience then?

Tbh this whole thing wouldn't even be a problem if Demi just started working with sustainable fashion brands, it's not like she doesn't have the income to pay a bit more for something that's good for the environment or sustainably made. But she doesn't want to stop working with fast fashion brands because she wouldn't earn as much. She has zero morals.

Reactions: 18
And here she is again, tripping herself up and digging herself a deeper and deeper hole just like she did on Tattle.
She's so thick she doesn't even realise that the only person who gets her into these situations is herself.

Reactions: 11
Why doesn’t she use ebloggers or sometning instead of depop and just give things a chance and actually look into things properly

Reactions: 3
Her insta stories...why can’t she ever finish a whole shot?
Maybe just don’t bother, hun.

Reactions: 7
She’s selling lipsticks on her Depop claiming they’ve all been used with a lip brush 😂 I’m sure they have Demi. Just by looking at the state of them I know they haven’t been used with a brush.

VILE
Would you even want to touch anything she has put her grubby hands on?

Reactions: 7
Not even gonna watch the depop video as it’s going to annoy me, but I hate how defensive youtubers like demi get over criticism. The first instinct was to make a pessimistic video shitting on buying secondhand, not to actually try to learn and grow?

I just hate youtuber/influencer/fast fashion haul culture so much omg

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.