Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
CEO Matthew is not even a veggie, let alone vegan, but the thought of him possibly setting such an arbitrary ethical rule is hysterical.

It's got to be a vegan/animal rights organisation no??
Ella said both her and CEO Matthew are plant based now. So is she outright lying?

Reactions: 2

Pollie

VIP Member
Who was that friend she used to have? Another blogger…I think she made her wedding cake? Anyone remember the drama?

Allaboutthehashtag

Chatty Member
For how horrendous the reviews are both on products and how they treat their staff, I’d put money on them doing a Crowdfunding at some point to try and (almond) milk the cow. They seem so ill advised. Who was actually buy hats and bags to promote their overpriced stuff?

Londongirl89

Chatty Member
Going off topic here but speaking of ‘wellness gurus’ ‘clean’ food gurus etc does anyone follow either of the hemsley sisters (jasmine and Melissa hemsley) and know why they are estranged from each other? I feel like one of them must be a mega bitch but don’t know which one lol! They had a tv show and several cookbooks out a few years ago together but now appear to not even speak
This is juicy! Are they estranged? They emerged on the clean eating scene around the same time as Ella. I got their first cookbook, each dish needed about 100 ingredients 🤯

• Haha

Nitfey

VIP Member
Or perhaps it is the way of not taking the ownership to increase salaries of people, force them to work from the office to eat all their snacks and forbid eating meat (making you feel rubbish about it) and do yoga and mindfulness as a team...we are in debt and cannot pay you but work hard for us.

Reactions: 1

gollygally

I remember checking her soups on my Waitrose app. There were 3.
One in particular, possibly red pepper, had awful ratings (and then all of a sudden lots of 5 stars!).
I can only see one soup on my app these days so wondering if they aren’t selling??

emm

VIP Member
This is legit sad… this is all they can come up with for their anniversary… legit 0 effort to make sure they look after their own relationship and marriage…
What are they doing? Going to buy them or just dump the trolley for the supermarket staff to put everything Back? The reviews are hilarious and so repetitive. If they want them to at least seem realistic they should put a mix of 4/5bstars

emm

VIP Member
The main reason why she is not vegan is that she still uses animal products like leather etc. I’m fairly sure she has down jackets, pillows and duvets too. She keeps preaching about the environmental benefits of a plant based diet and then eats / drinks some of the foods with pretty insane carbon footprints.
---
1. Someone asks about her wedding dress, she says exactly NOTHING about it but includes the bragging list. Who asked, Ella? You 50+ employees and 120+ products are NOT relevant here.

2. If they go to bed by 10 and are asleep at 10 on the dot, this does not add up to 8 hours sleep / night so her routine is actually unhealthy and damaging on the long term - it also explains why at 31 her skin is the way it is and she looks constantly ran down. She actually is.

But I have another question, with having two children who let’s say go to bed by 8, when do they have time for each other? During the day they both work and are often not together in the office. In the afternoon and evening they have the kids. When do they watcha a movie or series together or just talk about anything other than work over a glass of wine? She posts about their date nights sometimes but that also seems a rushed one hour outing somewhere.

I don’t see what appeals to her followers anymore. She is bland and stupid, I’m sorry. She can’t put a sentence together. “So by that time they are awake” should actually be “so by the time they are awake”. It’s not even a typo.
God her life sounds mundane

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
Both their burgers say on the search results page “no reviews yet”. But once you click into the actual products you see they actually do have reviews… just a lot of very bad ones I presume are being tactfully held back a little?! 😅 I’ve updated on these before but omg guys I don’t think I’ve ever seen a grocery item flop as much as these two… the negative reviews just keep rolling in! One review of the burgers was even titled “Disgustingly Ella” 🤣
Also, do we reckon the random one-off 5 star rating on each one is from one of their team members?!
Yeah no way I am tempted to try them even with the lower introductory prices!

She is so malnourished she is going bald… her hair is thinner and thinner.
Didn't she just have extensions before 😬 to me it just looks like typical fine hair??

stardust21

VIP Member
She’s been pretty outspoken about cosmetic surgery so I’d be surprised if she’s had any tbh. It’s not really on brand of “wholesome and natural” . She goes out of her way to point out that she uses natural make up etc.

Meg78

VIP Member
That’s not the boyfriend who moved to LA, he was a videographer and did a lot of her early videos

Nitfey

VIP Member
Matt wants to be such a cliche CEO, he does not even notice he is just shish at everything ...it is a marriage of nightmares.

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
Sadly it was the other jumper I meant, the floral one when sat with the kids….. so that’s £800 in 2 sweaters in the same day!
What brand is that one? Her style is becoming worse and worse

yeah N Peal clothes are mega expensive - always using Mongolian cashmere or something like that. Definitely not vegan
She never claimed to be vegan so that’s not really an issue here.

• Haha

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
They never had real shareholders to begin with - someone on here uncovered from documents online that when they said they “bought out their shareholders” last year it was actually just Matt’s dad and Ella’s mum lol.
Matt being CEO of DE is literally just a rich guy using his wife’s name to play shops making all those Plants products. I don’t know what Waitrose were even thinking, commissioning him to produce what appears to be a total of around 50 new products (apparently there are still more to come) in less than a year?!
They also had “investors”: i mean they do take risks etc but it’s nowhere near like a mere mortal doing this

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
40 new products launching in 2 months?! 😱😱😱😱😱 who in the world asked for so many products? Their products are always on sell by the looks of the photos i see here..how is that sustainable?
Depends what it is and how you classify different product. For example you can say pasta sauce is one product pr you consider every different flavour of pasta sauce a separate product. All of a sudden its not that hard to come up with that number

Megatron1298

VIP Member
she’s had something to get lips done? Or botox or something to make them look stretched. I don’t know I’m not up with cosmetic procedures