Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

harveydean

VIP Member
Some of the original products are just not very nice. The crisps were horrible. The granolas & cereal bars are the best products they’ve produced.
I bought some of their tortilla style crisps as they were on offer. Absolutely vile! They left a weird claggy paste in my mouth. I don’t buy any of their range any longer

Reactions: 2

Pollie

VIP Member
Olivia Wollenberg. She has a brand called Livia’s, she comes from a privileged background too, but no where near the same.

Not sure why they fell out, but I remember reading on here that it was something to do with Deliciously Ella releasing frozen crumbles and Livia feeling like she owned the market and had come up with the concept of vegan crumble.

Probably a case of two businesses that were way too similar.
I think that’s it too.

Nitfey

VIP Member
no new inspiration from boss babes ? Are we all traumatized by horrific patterns decor ?

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
Because the amazing CEO has soooo many business books ! He knows business...so obviously he does all the opposite of what the macroeconomic environment predicts! 🤗🤗

In a way he shows people what NOT to do 👏
Where did CEO Matthew go to university?

Charisma hampton 1

I get that but she isn't as principled as she makes out. She has completely sold out on her whole foods ethos for the Plants brand, she ditched veganism for the cafe, she's quietly ditched a lot of her principles on food for one reason or another and never admits that she was wrong or has changed her opinion on anything. She also claimed that her diet fixed her medical issues and could do the same for her readers.

Don't believe anything these people say basically because at the end of the day she is selling something. She will want you to believe that her healthy youthful looks are down to her diet (buy my plants range) and zen lifestyle (subscribe to my lifestyle app) but is likely using all sorts of costly interventions. I think she has a really botoxed look to her face for the mother of two young kids. Her eyes can't betray the tiredness/ wiped out ness that comes from having two young kids and eating a restrictive diet but her face defo screams botox.
Exactly no amount of yoga and plants can makeup for the sleepless nights and exhaustion from having 2 young kids

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
Why is Ella ALWAYS sitting in the backseat? Is she thinking CEO Matthew is her personal driver? Is she scared of how Matthew drives? Can they not stand each other and she is trying to stay as far as possible?

Hasanah123

VIP Member
Being brought up vegan and/or vegetarian doesn’t mean you’re missing out on nutrients, I mean Christ, half of India is vegetarian… there are healthy ways to be brought up not eating meat in the same way there are very unhealthy ways to be brought up eating meat.

Lots of toddlers get sick at nurseries, they’re literally breeding grounds for colds and sniffles. I imagine Ella has a tendency to over react to them though because she is seemingly a hypercondriac.
I know that but look at what she already eats which isnt great so Im sure shes feeding her children the same crap, the way Indian vegetarians eat isnt the same way Ella eats, its totally different

Nitfey

VIP Member
"You can taste flavors" usually means it is effing bland or to the point of vomit 🤣😅

emm

VIP Member
Yeah she totally wrote that herself, it's not natural phrasing at all.

Her answer/ 'love story' 😭 tell me you're desperate and unstable and probably vulnerable without telling me you are...
Just in tiem for valentines day 🤣

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
And she mentioned she didn’t lose her temper with them… so she is probably the kind of parent who is all about the appearances.

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
I’m pretty sure her mum is a minority shareholder of the top company. They’ve got the Sainsburies dynasty as security to bail them out of trouble.
Not to defend her on what her security net really is but her mom or even her grandparents do not own Sainsbury’s and the family is pretty big so the “sainsbury’s fortune” has been split between multiple people. The family altogether holds a tiny tiny share in the company. Yes they have money and cash and assets but net worth =/ liquid cash. And net worth can not be turned into the same amount of liquid cash fast.

Let’s say my net worth is $20 million. That means I might have about $2 million in cash, the rest is tied up in a stock portfolio, in real estates, pensions and various other investments. You can’t turn these into cash fast or at least not all of them and not without losing significant chunks on your assets.
This is why it is absolutely not a given her family or his for that matter would just toss millions or hundreds of thousands at them to bail them out and this is probably why it was a better option for them to take a loan from a bank rather than take money from family.
it also reflects better that a business managed to get first investors and then the business owners could personally guarantee such a huge loan.

zalk24

this is so weird. Have you ever messaged her on IG or commented on a post? Surely there’s no way she’s going through her followers and cross referencing with people who have unsubscribed?!!
I have messaged them before to ask normal questions about their products, and I usually like her recipe videos but I've never sent anything negative ever. Not sure why else I'd get blocked! It's very bizarre.

ETA: I did email them to confirm my subscription had been cancelled as I wasn't sure. That's the only other interaction I've had!

BringingReality

I feel like we are mixing net worth with liquid cash sitting in the bank. Also her family’s assets have been split when her parents divorced and I’m fairly sure Ella got her trustfund and the bulk of her inheritance already.
Not to say she can’t lean on family but I’m not convinced they would pour millions into her business. Instead they would move to one of the family’s properties after they sink their own place…
Tieing your personal finances to your business is stupid and banking on your family bailing you out is never a good idea.
Trump and others got away with it because they did it before spcial media was a thing. Now you can’t live things down. Everything is online. If their business goes down, CEO Matthew will not get anywhere near any leading roles anywhere and Ella’s reputation as a food blogger or anything will be toast. So it would sting either way.
I’m pretty sure her mum is a minority shareholder of the top company. They’ve got the Sainsburies dynasty as security to bail them out of trouble.