Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
That new kitchen isn’t even THAT MUCH better than the old one, given that their biggest recipe developing doesn’t even happen there…

their business is beginning to feel like money laundering 😂

Reactions: 3

90sGal

Chatty Member
I think it’s pretty clear that Deliciously Ella is (was) Ella’s brand. And then Matt came in and took over control in order to use DE as a springboard to create his own bigger, “better” brand Plants. He’s so focussed on numbers and huge profit margins though it appears he hasn’t actually (at least accurately) taken into account what everyone used to love about DE
100% and I hope that Ella has some good friends/family or independent business advisors that help her to retain some independence and confidence for herself.

Reactions: 2

emm

VIP Member
She mentions strong brand but surely it’s the last thing from a strong brand. The ‘Plants’ range for Waitrose just completely confuses the brand identity when she’s still selling similar products under the Deliciously Ella brand name in other supermarkets, it makes no sense!
Plus there’s another brand called Plenish who make dairy free milk and their packaging looks very similar to me.
I keep getting publicity for it on Facebook, the negative comments, of which there are loads, are hilarious

Yel

Chatty Member
It's not insanely expensive thesedays to create an app. We've done similar at work and off the shelf tools make it pretty easy. The cost and barrier for an app these days is super low.

I can only see 14 workout videos on it, and workouts are supposed to be a big part of it. Very barebones stuff.

Then you need a few people to add content, which wouldn't be that expensive and there's not that much content in it. Considering it's in the top charts for grossing (often #1 food and drink on android) it could easily be making a fortune.

The fact that they can’t keep their staff / are trying to outsource parts of their company also says they are not exactly successful.
I think thats more about maximising profits, rather than any indication they're struggling.

Last edited:

gollygally

The small pot of yogurt on her last post is discounted £2,80 😨😨😨
It looks so small, maybe 300 / 350 ml
---
The small pot of yogurt on her last post is discounted £2,80 😨😨😨
It looks so small, maybe 300 / 350 ml
checked - it’s 300 ml and full price it is £3,50…
Does ceo Matthew know there’s a COL crisis or is all ok in his circle?

Last edited:
  • Wow

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
The company accounts show the opposite though.

When they were saying they bought out the other investors, they actually meant the business operating the restaurant (they own multiple businesses not just one) was in substantial debt to banks.

This was paid off by a group holding company, which is wholly owned by another group holding company, which Camilla (Ella’s mother) and David (Matthews father - also very wealthy, owning multiple properties and has worked as an international lawyer) have substantial share holdings in. (see screenshots - neither Ella nor Matthew own shares in the other companies, it’s all in the holding companies).

I imagine they (Camilla & David) views this as just another investment, some investments work out and some don’t, don’t they 🤷🏻‍♀️ And I can’t help but speculate that the reason they moved all their companies into these holding companies, was because the deli wasn’t able to service the debt to the banks and their parents helped them rescue it as an investment, probably viewing it as the restaurant was suffering due to the pandemic and it would have otherwise been fine.

Also not going to carry on arguing, but I believe their families (especially Camilla who has funded DE from the start), views this as another investment which she is willing to plow money into if it isn’t going well. There is not a chance in hell she’d let her Daughter and Granddaughters lose their house over this business (which is fair enough), but it’s a level of protection which allows Ella and Matthew to make decisions which the vast majority of entrepreneurs can’t based solely on their privileged upbringings by vastly wealthy families.

View attachment 1988265View attachment 1988266View attachment 1988267

————————————

Just as a side note, I just noticed this:

If you want to know how Matthew viewed Ella versus how he viewed himself when they first met, despite the fact she owned and ran on her own, a highly profitable business and he did not, take a look at what he put down as their occupations when they first opened the deli together:

View attachment 1988269
Last screenshot does not work but it would be interesting to see!
Yes I’m definitely not disputing they have an insane security net underneath them and no matter what, they would not spend a day living in any type or level of financial insecurity. The way they restructured the business and all these holding companies scream everything but “ethical financier” how CEO Matthew called himself when he first entered the picture

“People who spend 120 minutes a week in nature see a boost to their mental and physical health” yes let me just drop my full time job, my excruciatingly expensive energy bills and all my other responsibilities to fuck off on a ludicrously expensive holiday for a week. So out of touch
In all fairness, I don’t think this is what she meant… a walk in the park would be enough…

stardust21

VIP Member
Last screenshot does not work but it would be interesting to see!
Yes I’m definitely not disputing they have an insane security net underneath them and no matter what, they would not spend a day living in any type or level of financial insecurity. The way they restructured the business and all these holding companies scream everything but “ethical financier” how CEO Matthew called himself when he first entered the picture
I was editing it, apologies, works now.

Also I agree, holding company upon holding company is a bit shady isn’t it? 😬

Last edited:

emm

VIP Member
That’s actually illegal in France. there is a law allowing for a right to disconnect from anything related to work.
Is the law enforced? We have so few workers rights jn the UK most people would be scared to complain about anything like this for fear of losing their job

Meg78

VIP Member
She probably got a steep discount for buying a country pile kitchen at the same time

emm

VIP Member
Watching her latest Stories about that roast cauliflower describing it as "him" . Am I just moody or did this annoy anyone else?