Deliciously Ella #3 Deliciously delusional and munchable Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she seriously trying to insinuate her mothers name / the family connections haven’t opened doors. Let alone the advantage she’s had in eye-watering wealth and privilege she’s been raised with.
It’s really irrelevant that the supermarket chain isn’t still in family hands.

Reactions: 16
It’s so embarrassing that she’s asking herself questions to address posts on this thread. That’s how you know she’s not busy, that she has time for this.

So she’s an heir to the Sainsbury family fortune and not the current Sainsbury supermarket business, big deal. And as if they didn’t approach Sainsburys as a stockist last as a strategic decision to downplay nepotism / privilege claims. It’s so obvious.

Reactions: 15
The wealth is one thing. Matt then saying that he didn’t think people should get pay rises to help with the levels of inflation is appalling. He literally sat in a meeting with his team (of very normal people) and said this.

I wish I had called it out at the time but no-one else said anything

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
On another note as I'm going through some articles ( so obvious they paid for most of them ), but how the F you are trusting with this sad excuse of a ceo about your own business since the genious already started by failing- pushing to opening café and deli just to close it with loss.
And now doing the same effing thing with pushing products that yes gave profit in 2018...but it was in bleeping 2018. We are now in post pandemic inflation recession world conflict mess...I just don't get it! How you can voluntarily create your own failure
.mind blowing.

View attachment 1741770
She paid herself £220,000 🤣

Not us, not them, just her. Which means Matthew as head of the company will be receiving more than that.

Well no wonder she’s downplaying the sainsburys side of things, Skye is the heiress at this rate!

• Sick
The Sainsbury’s family sold their share in the business a long time ago and her mother or her are not directly involved. She has a trust fund and decent inheritance but no actual income or influence from/on the business itself
Her Dad was once famously the only Labour MP with a butler. Her Mum bought her a 1.75million flat upon leaving university. They own multiple properties, including a large country estate and multiple properties in London.

They also got married in Mustique where, again, her family own property (to point out this is a private island and renting a property there is in the $50,000-100,000 range per week).

Futhermore the Sainsbury family do not run Sainsburys anymore, however, they do still own large amounts of shares in the company.

So yeah. She might not be about to walking through Sainsburys HQ and take over, but her message there is to try and make herself look like the girl next door. She isn’t. She’s massively privileged beyond anything we can imagine.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Her Dad was once famously the only Labour MP with a butler. Her Mum bought her a 1.75million flat upon leaving university. They own multiple properties, including a large country estate and multiple properties in London.

They also got married in Mustique where, again, her family own property (to point out this is a private island and renting a property there is in the $50,000-100,000 range per week.

Futhermore the Sainsbury family do not run Sainsburys anymore, however, they do still own large amounts of shares in the company.

So yeah. Her message there is to try and make herself look like the girl next door. She isn’t. She’s massively privileged beyond anything we can imagine.
Yes all of this, from her message all you get is “I am a middle class girl whose ancestors started something big but we haven’t got much to do with that”.
My arse

• Heart
Reactions: 23

They also got married in Mustique where, again, her family own property (to point out this is a private island and renting a property there is in the $50,000-100,000 range per week).

So yeah. She might not be about to walking through Sainsburys HQ and take over, but her message there is to try and make herself look like the girl next door. She isn’t. She’s massively privileged beyond anything we can imagine.
I mean it’s blatantly obvious she asked that question herself and it’s clear she has been reading these threads based on her latest changes in posts and stories and her personal branding.

Where they both come from is very relevant, but she does have one point: saying she is a Sainsbury’s heiress is wrong. Yes the family is rich and part of that is previous generations money made from Sainsbury’s. The family, altogether own very little of the company at this point. I looked into this briefly once because I was interested in what her mom is doing with her time.

Btw Labour MPs and their wealth… look at Corbyn… Woodward didn’t join Labour because he agreed with their politics but because he disagreed with the Tories at the time. If you check what the issue was, it’s not surprising.

Edited to add this: the Sainsbury’s family really does not hold large amounts of shares. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sainsbury_family

Reactions: 4
And is it a coincidence that her product range appeared in sainsbury market chain ?

For me whatever she says or tries to imply, she is privileged AF . They are both detached from reality and struggles of everyday life. And sorry Ella to ruined your delusional dreams bit your fake arse "creamy" yogurt is not a revolution for "healthy living".

Gloryfing 24x7 work either. They are both the epitome of what's wrong with privileged rich society.

Reactions: 14
I mean it’s blatantly obvious she asked that question herself and it’s clear she has been reading these threads based on her latest changes in posts and stories and her personal branding.

Where they both come from is very relevant, but she does have one point: saying she is a Sainsbury’s heiress is wrong. Yes the family is rich and part of that is previous generations money made from Sainsbury’s. The family, altogether own very little of the company at this point. I looked into this briefly once because I was interested in what her mom is doing with her time.

Btw Labour MPs and their wealth… look at Corbyn… Woodward didn’t join Labour because he agreed with their politics but because he disagreed with the Tories at the time. If you check what the issue was, it’s not surprising.

Edited to add this: the Sainsbury’s family really does not hold large amounts of shares. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sainsbury_family
She is a Sainsbury’s heiress though, as she’s an heir to the Sainsbury’s fortune.

Sainsburys Heiress doesn’t mean heir to Sainsbury’s, it means she’s heir to the money. She would not be where she is now, with the connections she has, if she was not part of the Sainsbury’s family.

Her Dad was a conservative MP who crossed the floor, so no, he didn’t hold Labour values. However that does still make him a Labour MP, therefore he was the only Labour MP with a butler. That doesn’t exclude the fact he was insanely wealthy. I’m fully aware why he crossed the floor and that he did. My point is that she and her family are wealthy beyond what normal people can begin to imagine. Because she is a Sainsbury’s Heiress. And she is. That’s where her money comes from.

Reactions: 18
And is it a coincidence that her product range appeared in sainsbury market chain ?

For me whatever she says or tries to imply, she is privileged AF . They are both detached from reality and struggles of everyday life. And sorry Ella to ruined your delusional dreams bit your fake arse "creamy" yogurt is not a revolution for "healthy living".

Gloryfing 24x7 work either. They are both the epitome of what's wrong with privileged rich society.
These issues with them are far more relevant than their connection to Sainsbury’s 😂

Her products always appeared elsewhere first. I used to buy her granola and I found them in Waitrose and on Ocado.

To be fair, the thing they both benefit from and never speak of, is tall the connections they have because of who their parents are. I mean… the story of how they met. The number of people they would know personally and would have a more personal relationship with than what would be possible for “normal” people sets them up for success.

They also rode the wave of CEO Matthew’s mom passing away but were super quiet about the charity or ant support for awareness or research after it was acceptable from a PR perspective to move on.

You don’t see them speak about anything controversial and you don’t see them rock the boat at all. It’s cold hearted marketing and a carefully curated personal brand behind it. They built their entire business on people like them. Speaking about mental health, climate change and everyday struggles while wearing an outfit that costs more than what some people earn in 6 months.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 13

The only reason he was a Labour mp was because he famously left the tories in protest about their stance on gay rights,in no way was he actually a Labour supporter

Reactions: 7
The only reason he was a Labour mp was because he famously left the tories in protest about their stance on gay rights,in no way was he actually a Labour supporter
And this was literally the only move to make without ending his political career… because taking a stance is only acceptable to these people if it doesn’t actually hurt them or impact their lives

Reactions: 6
Is she seriously trying to insinuate her mothers name / the family connections haven’t opened doors. Let alone the advantage she’s had in eye-watering wealth and privilege she’s been raised with.
It’s really irrelevant that the supermarket chain isn’t still in family hands.
She is completely disingenuous. She knows exactly what that question was really driving at, and tries to wriggle out of it on a technicality. I used to like ella, but the level of inauthenticty and duplicity is staggering. Her bars are so unhealthy (Nakd bars are much better, nutritionally), her family is rich beyond measure (anyone in Sunday Times Rich List is obviously so much more than 'privileged'), and also find her smugness deeply irritating. Not everyone has the household staff, money, and means to simply have a day with no plans and a bath in the morning, Ella. For someone who complains how little time she has to spend with her kids, I also find it interesting how often she just plonks them in front of the telly (they always seem to be watching Peter Rabbit when they're with her).

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She is completely disingenuous. She knows exactly what that question was really driving at, and tries to wriggle out of it on a technicality. I used to like ella, but the level of inauthenticty and duplicity is staggering. Her bars are so unhealthy (Nakd bars are much better, nutritionally), her family is rich beyond measure (anyone in Sunday Times Rich List is obviously so much more than 'privileged'), and also find her smugness deeply irritating. Not everyone has the household staff, money, and means to simply have a day with no plans and a bath in the morning, Ella. For someone who complains how little time she has to spend with her kids, I also find it interesting how often she just plonks them in front of the telly (they always seem to be watching Peter Rabbit when they're with her).
Exactly, not even acknowledging that her career wS only able to start because she had a beautiful home to film in as a background. In just a very basic sense she would never have been able to become as successful as she was initially. Matt seems like the kind of boss who would be like Elon musk, not letting his workers wfh even when it clearly is possible nowadays, no pay rise while he and Ella earn god knows how much, making a show of working all hours, even on holiday, to imply he is so important he cannot step away at all 😑

Reactions: 10
Plus as we know, wealth begets wealth, that’s why these mega-rich families have different branches with various sources of wealth. Eg Getty Images is hugely successful in its own right but would not have been started without the family wealth and connections.

In any case Ella has carefully worded the question in a leading way ‘a supermarket giant heir’ - ok she’s not a Sainsbury’s plc heir but she is a Sainsbury heir, no question.

I’m simply amazed she didn’t make it clear that it’s the Qataris who control Sainsbury’s now. How did they get the controlling share? Someone must have sold it to them right? So how did the Sainsbury family become so philanthropic they could “give away” billions of pounds? (“Give away” - set up wings of the National Gallery, Tate etc and name it after yourself) 🤪

Her obliviousness to the unbelievable advantages she’s had in life is off the scale (despite trite proclamations of being ‘very lucky’ - what an understatement). If she had one iota of how many people live they would start by treating their employees so much better.

• Heart
Plus as we know, wealth begets wealth, that’s why these mega-rich families have different branches with various sources of wealth. Eg Getty Images is hugely successful in its own right but would not have been started without the family wealth and connections.

In any case Ella has carefully worded the question in a leading way ‘a supermarket giant heir’ - ok she’s not a Sainsbury’s plc heir but she is a Sainsbury heir, no question.

I’m simply amazed she didn’t make it clear that it’s the Qataris who control Sainsbury’s now. How did they get the controlling share? Someone must have sold it to them right? So how did the Sainsbury family become so philanthropic they could “give away” billions of pounds? (“Give away” - set up wings of the National Gallery, Tate etc and name it after yourself) 🤪

Her obliviousness to the unbelievable advantages she’s had in life is off the scale (despite trite proclamations of being ‘very lucky’ - what an understatement). If she had one iota of how many people live they would start by treating their employees so much better.
I don't think she is at all oblivious, her replies are very thought out. As people have said, she acts as if she has grown up in comfortable middle class family, rather than someone whose family are in the times rich list. Or is this her view of what "comfortable" means? Especially now comfortable is basically just being able to pay rent and bills, and at some pont this winter putting on the heating

Reactions: 9
I don't think she is at all oblivious, her replies are very thought out. As people have said, she acts as if she has grown up in comfortable middle class family, rather than someone whose family are in the times rich list. Or is this her view of what "comfortable" means? Especially now comfortable is basically just being able to pay rent and bills, and at some pont this winter putting on the heating
She probably has a reputation management / PR firm involved. Her last few Q&A’s were all “manufactured”

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.