Deborah James - bowelbabe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So today she is so sad a "friend" has died but quickly moves on to flogging the next free goodies - unbelievably shallow.😭
That 'friend' was a 28yr old woman , Hatti Gayner ,who appeared on the BBC dance programme The Greatest Dancer 2 yrs ago with her dance group 'The Queens' ( Cheryl Tweedy/Cole was her group's mentor ...she was an amazing dancer and had a joie de vivre even when dealing with cancer and treatments
Sadly she was diagnosed with breast cancer last August and then diagnosed with metastatic / secondaries in July and only got home from hospital a fortnight ago after having palliative cranial radiotherapy ....the breast cancer community is devastated because she was so young and her symptoms were ignored because of lockdown and her being so young but she advocated for younger women to be taken seriously with their breast cancer concerns
Deborah should show more respect and not promote grabby skin care on her gram today
#checkyourboobies please everyone ( males too) xx

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
That 'friend' was a 28yr old woman , Hatti Gayner ,who appeared on the BBC dance programme The Greatest Dancer 2 yrs ago with her dance group 'The Queens' ( Cheryl Tweedy/Cole was her group's mentor ...she was an amazing dancer and had a joie de vivre even when dealing with cancer and treatments
Sadly she was diagnosed with breast cancer last August and then diagnosed with metastatic / secondaries in July and only got home from hospital a fortnight ago after having palliative cranial radiotherapy ....the breast cancer community is devastated because she was so young and her symptoms were ignored because of lockdown and her being so young but she advocated for younger women to be taken seriously with their breast cancer concerns
Deborah should show more respect and not promote grabby skin care on her gram today

Well said. This is the kind of thing you’d expect an influencer to share. The Elemis advert is vulgar, ill timed and down right disrespectful.

• Angry
Reactions: 19
I’m glad it wasn’t just me thinking her story was so so insensitive 😢 I followed Hattis journey and the news of her passing stopped me in my tracks and I haven’t stopped thinking about her.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
She’s trolling everyone now with her soundtrack to her latest video - You’re Beautiful 🙄

Reactions: 3
And why would Elemis choose to work with someone who applies their products without first removing her makeup? Or is that terrible eyeliner permanent?!

Reactions: 8
I agree that she's tone deaf but she also seems to be to be a staggeringly positive and 'ON' kind of person. She seems to bounce from one event to the next without any pause at all. I know if I had chemo and even if I felt OK afterwards I would have to spend the next day just reflecting on it all rather than bursting into action shopping.

Reactions: 6
I agree that she's tone deaf but she also seems to be to be a staggeringly positive and 'ON' kind of person. She seems to bounce from one event to the next without any pause at all. I know if I had chemo and even if I felt OK afterwards I would have to spend the next day just reflecting on it all rather than bursting into action shopping.
She is the epitome of TOXIC positivity.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
And why would Elemis choose to work with someone who applies their products without first removing her makeup? Or is that terrible eyeliner permanent?!
I'm not sure Elemis 'work' with her. I suspect it's a case of Elemis PR and who has a following that they can gift things to that would help promote. Keeley from Elemis has been talking g about it all week with no mention of it being a collaboration.

I think its was misleading how she said I work with elemis and implied the products on QVC TSV were handpicked by her as her 'edit'.

I thought her choice of words were misleading. And then comments of people on chemo saying they are buying it as a result of her recommendation. This makes me feel very uneasy.

And yes I agree....one post talking about someone passing away and the next few then flogging something.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
This thread should be shut. It’s crossing a line.
Please could you clarify what line it is crossing? No one has said anything inappropriate just that they don’t agree with the fact that Deborah is avidly using her cancer to sell things and gain for herself monetarily and also that her insensitivity on occasion is inappropriate. She is perfectly entitled to do this but, we are also perfectly entitled (I’m also a current cancer sufferer) to say that we find it unsavoury.

Via very close friend connections I can say that it is not just us that feels like this about Deborah more and more lately (and another reason her husband stays out of it he is not fond of this limelight she seeks). There’s a lot of smoke and mirrors that goes on, just as mentioned above, one minute she is in hospital breaking her heart that no one can visit her telling us how close to the line she is (then suddenly her mother is allowed into the hospital room (I wonder how many other Marsden patients were allowed this?) and next minute she was up and dressed glammed to the nines and at an event… wow she really does enjoy a miraculous recovery often!
And this is what people find so inappropriate/insensitive. Not to mention when poor dear Hatti Gayner just suddenly passed away this weekend, someone who she often me talked about being a great friend etc, literally in the next clip she’s selling us face creams. Now that really was VERY inappropriate, thoughtless and insensitive. Particularly for Hatti’s family. Deborah is not everyone’s cup of tea and whilst she has raised an inordinate amount of money and awareness for the Marsden which is fantastic I know they too find her flying close to the wind on occasion. Awkward! It is is her journey and a remarkable journey if all she tells us is absolutely true and not embellished (she is a writer now, of course, so needs to fill a column). But as time goes on we find her more and more picking up free dresses, new boots, exercise clothes, pretty things, free tickets to A list events… all in the name of cancer. Unsavoury… insensitive… crass… perhaps she should be more transparent and separate the two personas one business and one genuinely helping cancer patients.

Why has she never mentioned the private treatment? She was on stories to with limitlessEm. I wonder if she is a private patient too? Another one who had made a living from her disease. Stop with the bloody dancing! If I had done that at the Christie when I had chemo they would have sectioned me!!! 😡
To be fair she has mentioned the private insurance on occasion but you’re right she doesn’t make this clear so other people then don’t understand why they aren’t getting similar care.

View attachment 755969 Dior tote bags cost £2400-£2600.....so relatable 🙄 when so many cancer patients are just about keeping a roof over their heads and reliant on benefits
Yes, oh thank goodness it wasn’t just me. I found this post so ridiculous. It makes me feel rather like she’s making hay whilst the sun shines… I have followers, companies will pay me money to plug their stuff and in return she is literally making her own little fun pocket money out of us and going and spending it on these frivolities that 99% of the population could not even dream of. Yes she is wealthy (fact) and no one can begrudge anyone that. Her husband has worked hard as obviously has she (admitting herself that it was to the detriment of her own children and marriage… another interesting point… her job was more important than her family!) but the crux of it is she has muddied the lines in this. To start off it was all about sharing the journey, helping awareness, raising money. Now it’s all about sharing HER look at me designer A list journey, awareness about HER and her own self promotion and raising money for HER to spend money on HERSELF!!! Sadly Deborah I fear you have offended many and we may have seen through your smoke and mirrors.
Can I also just say that when hooked up to a chemo machine and literally sitting there with my sick bowl looking and feeling like death, if she’d danced & twirled her chemo pump past me with her pants on show she’d have got shock! 😂 honestly there are people in that ward who have genuinely complained about her and her antics as they’re sitting there feeling so ill. She is oblivious. She has an insane appetite for fame and to be looked at. No thanks Debs, put your pants away. We are over it. And whilst you’re at it donate your freebies for all these poor other people that can’t get the drugs they need for a few more precious moments with their family!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I’m glad it wasn’t just me thinking her story was so so insensitive 😢 I followed Hattis journey and the news of her passing stopped me in my tracks and I haven’t stopped thinking about her.
Hatti has stopped me too. I was so sad to hear. I followed her since she decided to document her journey. Her diagnosis was my Mum's best friend's too, Triple Negative. She died in June 2017 and I do not think I will ever recover from the loss. She was everything, my adoptive Auntie as a child. She fought like Hatti, so hard and in the end it just gave her a little more time, but she was in so much pain. (Not totally related to the thread but..)

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Please could you clarify what line it is crossing? No one has said anything inappropriate just that they don’t agree with the fact that Deborah is avidly using her cancer to sell things and gain for herself monetarily and also that her insensitivity on occasion is inappropriate. She is perfectly entitled to do this but, we are also perfectly entitled (I’m also a current cancer sufferer) to say that we find it unsavoury.

Via very close friend connections I can say that it is not just us that feels like this about Deborah more and more lately (and another reason her husband stays out of it he is not fond of this limelight she seeks). There’s a lot of smoke and mirrors that goes on, just as mentioned above, one minute she is in hospital breaking her heart that no one can visit her telling us how close to the line she is (then suddenly her mother is allowed into the hospital room (I wonder how many other Marsden patients were allowed this?) and next minute she was up and dressed glammed to the nines and at an event… wow she really does enjoy a miraculous recovery often!
And this is what people find so inappropriate/insensitive. Not to mention when poor dear Hatti Gayner just suddenly passed away this weekend, someone who she often me talked about being a great friend etc, literally in the next clip she’s selling us face creams. Now that really was VERY inappropriate, thoughtless and insensitive. Particularly for Hatti’s family. Deborah is not everyone’s cup of tea and whilst she has raised an inordinate amount of money and awareness for the Marsden which is fantastic I know they too find her flying close to the wind on occasion. Awkward! It is is her journey and a remarkable journey if all she tells us is absolutely true and not embellished (she is a writer now, of course, so needs to fill a column). But as time goes on we find her more and more picking up free dresses, new boots, exercise clothes, pretty things, free tickets to A list events… all in the name of cancer. Unsavoury… insensitive… crass… perhaps she should be more transparent and separate the two personas one business and one genuinely helping cancer patients.

To be fair she has mentioned the private insurance on occasion but you’re right she doesn’t make this clear so other people then don’t understand why they aren’t getting similar care.

Yes, oh thank goodness it wasn’t just me. I found this post so ridiculous. It makes me feel rather like she’s making hay whilst the sun shines… I have followers, companies will pay me money to plug their stuff and in return she is literally making her own little fun pocket money out of us and going and spending it on these frivolities that 99% of the population could not even dream of. Yes she is wealthy (fact) and no one can begrudge anyone that. Her husband has worked hard as obviously has she (admitting herself that it was to the detriment of her own children and marriage… another interesting point… her job was more important than her family!) but the crux of it is she has muddied the lines in this. To start off it was all about sharing the journey, helping awareness, raising money. Now it’s all about sharing HER look at me designer A list journey, awareness about HER and her own self promotion and raising money for HER to spend money on HERSELF!!! Sadly Deborah I fear you have offended many and we may have seen through your smoke and mirrors.
Can I also just say that when hooked up to a chemo machine and literally sitting there with my sick bowl looking and feeling like death, if she’d danced & twirled her chemo pump past me with her pants on show she’d have got shock! 😂 honestly there are people in that ward who have genuinely complained about her and her antics as they’re sitting there feeling so ill. She is oblivious. She has an insane appetite for fame and to be looked at. No thanks Debs, put your pants away. We are over it. And whilst you’re at it donate your freebies for all these poor other people that can’t get the drugs they need for a few more precious moments with their family!
Well said! 👏👏👏

Reactions: 1
Hatti has stopped me too. I was so sad to hear. I followed her since she decided to document her journey. Her diagnosis was my Mum's best friend's too, Triple Negative. She died in June 2017 and I do not think I will ever recover from the loss. She was everything, my adoptive Auntie as a child. She fought like Hatti, so hard and in the end it just gave her a little more time, but she was in so much pain. (Not totally related to the thread but..)
It is related to the thread though because this is how cancer really affects people and why I dislike Bowelbabes narrative so much.
Her prancing around recently to one song, I think it was Justin Biebers. She is just in different places in the room wiggling her bum, which is the main shot on camera.
Awful account.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.