Dealing with an awful sister in law

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly, I would tell her to duck off and that I’d never want to be in her presence again. And tell her to get a job considering she has so much time to be a c*nt towards you 🙃 But that’s just me lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Hello, first time posting!

Feeling the need to rant about my soon to be SIL, an absolute nightmare. I've been with my other half almost 7 years and never seen eye to eye with her. I'm about six years younger than her but there has never been an effort unless she wants something. All our relationship she has been so possessive with my partner, big sister being more important than girlfriend energy always. She got married to an idiot and had a wedding that cost a fortune that they didn't pay a penny for which very nearly made me leave because of the bridezilla behaviour, and THEN split from her husband less than a year later. She then clung to us and though we supported her it was a lot but it could have been worse, no children involved or house. She then disappeared and moved in with a random guy who we are also not too keen on, she's got a type.

We got engaged last year and she was hysterical despite knowing about the engagement plans, I put it off to little brother pride but then a matter of weeks later comes round out the blue to announce her and her new boyfriend are pregnant. I felt happy and sad, I know how much she wanted a child but the reasons weren't right "have a child before I'm 30" shite. My partner didn't comment much on it, months later he finally opened up saying how hurt he was that his sister wouldn't let him have his moment, his sister is always the centre of attention even during times where its not about her. I'm now dreading the birth and what follows, it's going to be constant from now on.

We don't want a wedding despite wanting to be married, we just want to do it alone but he is scared because his family want to be involved whereas I'm an only child and mine understand my wishes. I would have a wedding maybe but I cannot have the day be about his sister knowing what she is like. It wouldn't ever be about us if it became a big day.

Maybe this is a really tame post for this forum but I have lots of stories if anyone wants to be indulged.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Feeling the need to rant about my soon to be SIL, an absolute nightmare. I've been with my other half almost 7 years and never seen eye to eye with her. I'm about six years younger than her but there has never been an effort unless she wants something. All our relationship she has been so possessive with my partner, big sister being more important than girlfriend energy always. She got married to an idiot and had a wedding that cost a fortune that they didn't pay a penny for which very nearly made me leave because of the bridezilla behaviour, and THEN split from her husband less than a year later. She then clung to us and though we supported her it was a lot but it could have been worse, no children involved or house. She then disappeared and moved in with a random guy who we are also not too keen on, she's got a type.

We got engaged last year and she was hysterical despite knowing about the engagement plans, I put it off to little brother pride but then a matter of weeks later comes round out the blue to announce her and her new boyfriend are pregnant. I felt happy and sad, I know how much she wanted a child but the reasons weren't right "have a child before I'm 30" shite. My partner didn't comment much on it, months later he finally opened up saying how hurt he was that his sister wouldn't let him have his moment, his sister is always the centre of attention even during times where its not about her. I'm now dreading the birth and what follows, it's going to be constant from now on.

We don't want a wedding despite wanting to be married, we just want to do it alone but he is scared because his family want to be involved whereas I'm an only child and mine understand my wishes. I would have a wedding maybe but I cannot have the day be about his sister knowing what she is like. It wouldn't ever be about us if it became a big day.

Maybe this is a really tame post for this forum but I have lots of stories if anyone wants to be indulged.
Can you arrange the wedding for her due date? 😂 She definitely can't show up then!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Maybe this is your opportunity to make a point. Get married privately and when your partners family ask why, he can explain that it didn’t seem possible to avoid it being hijacked by his sister. It might make people reflect on their behaviour a bit more and indulge her drama less.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Maybe this is your opportunity to make a point. Get married privately and when your partners family ask why, he can explain that it didn’t seem possible to avoid it being hijacked by his sister. It might make people reflect on their behaviour a bit more and indulge her drama less.
Oh yes absolutely, I think it is fair to say to both families though. I just find it really hard to understand why they would be against it when they are still very much paying off his sister's wedding.

Reactions: 2

Don’t think about her and do what you want to do. Get your friends to keep her under control on the day and have a word with the ushers, his parents etc. Stronghold all the possibilities. Don’t let her dictate your wedding. My mother did this and I ended up getting married in a crappy registry office instead of the beautiful hall I’d already paid for, because she was making my hair fall out from stress. You do you and don’t let anyone pressure you into changing your plans. You could always disallow children from your wedding 😁

• Sad
Reactions: 4
This week on the SIL From Hell:

She's a month away from having her baby, interrupted intimate family group chat about another member having an operation to announce that she is to eat curries and prepare to have the baby... I don't have kids but I think that's usually advice for mums who are overdue? It's just about making every situation about her and not stepping back and acknowledging the tone of the situation. She is also pegging bets on that she will have postnatal depression despite having one of the easiest pregnancies during this awful time.

Maybe I'm an absolute cow (I am) but I've gone through my close cousin losing a child through stillbirth and then very nearly herself. I am constantly biting my tongue on her behaviour because I don't want to freak her out as she is also the biggest hypochondriac anyone has ever me. All I want is for this baby to just get here safe and sound without his mum wishing to have the worst time for attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

She's a month away from having her baby, interrupted intimate family group chat about another member having an operation to announce that she is to eat curries and prepare to have the baby... I don't have kids but I think that's usually advice for mums who are overdue? It's just about making every situation about her and not stepping back and acknowledging the tone of the situation. She is also pegging bets on that she will have postnatal depression despite having one of the easiest pregnancies during this awful time.

Maybe I'm an absolute cow (I am) but I've gone through my close cousin losing a child through stillbirth and then very nearly herself. I am constantly biting my tongue on her behaviour because I don't want to freak her out as she is also the biggest hypochondriac anyone has ever me. All I want is for this baby to just get here safe and sound without his mum wishing to have the worst time for attention.
Honestly I can’t stand it when people do that, turn to different remedies to try and bring on labour. Surely a baby is best to arrive safely when it’s ready?

I know it’s hard but really try to ignore her and don’t rise to her, get on the group on mute for a bit if you need to and message the other people separately.

Are you my brother in laws other half? I feel like we are describing the same person in our posts. My SIL from hell is also due any day and doing anything to bring on labour... she also hates the conversation being on anyone but herself.

What a turn for the books that would be if we were describing the same person :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Are you my brother in laws other half? I feel like we are describing the same person in our posts. My SIL from hell is also due any day and doing anything to bring on labour... she also hates the conversation being on anyone but herself.

What a turn for the books that would be if we were describing the same person :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I wish it was the same SIL only to have someone to share this with! Honestly makes me feel like less of a bad person for feeling this way about it all 🥺

• Heart
I would be so blatant how I felt. Something like " you really are not very happy in yourself are you if you was you wouldnt keep saying the things you do, is there anything we can do to help you, do you think you need to speak to someone about this negatively" 😂😂 then everytime she said something after just say " oh dear we have spoken about this before haven't we. Are you having a bad day again" 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Hello all, I’m writing to say I’ve split from my partner. This was all too much and despite being together for so long, his family and sister drove us apart behind my back and I can never win against that. I just want to say thank you for the support from when I originally posted here, things will get better but it hurts just now. Take care all of you x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Hello all, I’m writing to say I’ve split from my partner. This was all too much and despite being together for so long, his family and sister drove us apart behind my back and I can never win against that. I just want to say thank you for the support from when I originally posted here, things will get better but it hurts just now. Take care all of you x
That's so sad. It's such a shame that somebody in his family was able to drive a wedge between the two of you :( Sending love, I hope you're able to find someone with a family who can appreciate and treat you properly x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Not my SIL but my boyfs cousin, saw some messages from her to him being a busybody bossy older cousin from years ago and I knew then she had bad vibes 😂
my SIL moved abroad about ten years ago , so i never got to meet her but from what i know she is a recovering alcoholic which is ok in itself but the fact when she was drinking drove the kids to school while under the influence i can never forgive her for. she is so self absorbed only ever gets in touch with the hubby when shes after something never to see how he is and shes causing hell on with my wedding on saturday

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Does anyone find themselves questioning if they’re being unreasonably hateful when they hate their SIL?🤣 mine came to a bbq held by her Dad - my FIL and bought her own buns for her burgers. No dietary reason, she just prefers brioche. Given that they’d supplied and paid for all the other food does anyone else find this weird? And almost selfish? Or am I just a walking hater now😅 I can’t explain it I just dislike 90% of what she does😆😆😆

Does anyone find themselves questioning if they’re being unreasonably hateful when they hate their SIL?🤣 mine came to a bbq held by her Dad - my FIL and bought her own buns for her burgers. No dietary reason, she just prefers brioche. Given that they’d supplied and paid for all the other food does anyone else find this weird? And almost selfish? Or am I just a walking hater now😅 I can’t explain it I just dislike 90% of what she does😆😆😆
My husband is a fussy git & often brings his own things to people’s houses