Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I noticed when she was living in London for six months she dropped so many hints on her insta for free furniture, beds etc. She loves a freebie!

Reactions: 4

Emmog

I find her one of the most irritating people on Instagram. She moans about everything yet she lives a very easy life while Chris goes out to work. She tries too hard to be cool bit it just looks cringeworthy but

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I know this thread went quiet but had to find it to vent - she went and posted a really obvious spoiler for this week’s episode of Succession on her Instagram and has been really petulant about it in the comments. So annoying as I hadn’t watched yet and thought Instagram was safe! 😤
She hates any form of criticism and always becomes petulant!

Yel

Chatty Member
Having ADs on your blog is similar to ads on Instagram though it can affect your freedom to post or write what you want. I respect her for that 🤷‍♀️
Just about every site has adverts on it, it doesn't affect the writing at all unless you want to post dangerous, graphic or extreme content.

Doesn't sit right with me charging people, when she's got a successful career but each to their own. I just think it could be done much better.

Spilttea

VIP Member
How big of a deal is Flackstock? Genuinely? I’ve seen pics floating around here and there and just seems to be her mates both famous and non famous getting drunk.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
She's not working for free. She has a book deal. I feel that is being glossed over.
If she didn't that would be a different conversation.

I am of the mindset one parent should always be sober, and, sadly i think fun times of a certain kind do stop when you become a parent. That's one of the many sacrifices people make when they become parents, and why they welcome breaks via friends, family or paid for people do the childcare for a night or two. Imagine if one child needed to go to hospital suddenly and they were not in a fit state to talk to the medical staff?! Have seen plenty of intoxicated people in a&e and even their 'sober-ish' mates aren't much help. 😞
I agree. I stopped drinking years ago as couldn't cope looking after my kids when I had a hangover!

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Funny, I was thinking the same thing yesterday that this thread is quiet! I unfollowed her again on Instagram but sometimes have a look. I see they’ve moved house. I wouldn’t have called the old one a ‘massive LA mansion’ it looked tiny!

I requested her new book on Netgalley but was refused. They probably saw I gave her last one a negative review!

I agree about her book. She’s gained thousands of extra followers since Caroline died (when she had lost loads just before) and now putting a book out which will mention Caroline. Must be the quickest she’s written a book since she became an author! Also no mention of donating some of the royalties to a mental health charity then?

Poptart

VIP Member
I used to really enjoy her stories (looking for her stolen phone was classic) such a shame she doesn't really do any these days. Money talks I suppose...until there's something to promote.... I agree @Suzesnooze

Yel

Chatty Member
This forum is full of people feeling manipulated and sold to by influencers who will sell you anything to make money, and none of it is genuine, and people often wonder what these influencers ‘do’ and that they should work for a living. And here is someone doesn’t do ADs but does use their talent (appreciate not everyone will like her books) and platform to work for a small fee. She’s a writer, why should she have to give that away for free?
She doesn't have to give it away for free. She could start a blog and put adverts on it if her content is valuable.

It seems more like she wants to be paid for random social media posts. All the cardashians tried the same, you had to subscribe to their app to see their twitter and insta like posts. It didn't last.

It's a fine balance to get right. 780 people signing up is a lot. But the vast majority won't, they can't give "a cup of coffee" in value every month to everyone they like following on social media. It's a bit lose lose for everyone involved.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Hi dawn, business/patreon slow going??
After Caroline Flack died and Dawn started posting about their friendship her followers went up around 50K extra followers. Looking at her Patreon it looks like she’s had a lot more members sign up so seems like she’s doing well 🤷‍♀️

Did you see the post she made (then swiftly deleted) about being so stoned she passed out on her kid fully clothed?
I’ve seen her post a few times about being stoned! Plus her and Chris love to drink! Normally her kids are at school or childcare so she does seem to be struggling having them at home full time!

Reactions: 3

GreyWolf

VIP Member
She has had a publishing deal for ages. I’ve read The Cows and her new book both of which I got for free from Netgalley.

I liked the columns she used to write but she’s not as good at writing books. Then of course trying to get all her followers to pre order it as that helps get the bestseller tag so then they can call themselves bestselling authors but she’s really not that good at writing novels.

She got a lot of feedback from her followers saying they didn’t like the Patreon idea but she’s still gone with it. Last time I looked she had 300 subscribers so not that many considering the amount of followers she has.
I think 300 subscribers since last night is amazing to be honest. Fair play.

Stillwater

VIP Member
And I’m sure I’ve read her say they ‘flip’ houses.

I dunno. Do we expect self flagellation? They’re rich, they work for it, they enjoy their lives 🤷‍♀️

Gairlfb

Chatty Member
I know this thread went quiet but had to find it to vent - she went and posted a really obvious spoiler for this week’s episode of Succession on her Instagram and has been really petulant about it in the comments. So annoying as I hadn’t watched yet and thought Instagram was safe! 😤

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Cows and So Lucky are adult books. I've read them both but So Lucky was better but I don't actually think she's that good a writer. Very basic. Her plots are predictable.

I’m not a parent but I hate to think if I ever became one I’ll have to give up all fun. If they aren’t getting out of control I don’t see a problem with drinking and smoking personally.

Yes her family are comfortable, but does that mean she should she work for free? Dawn is a writer, not an instamum influencer shilling us crap with sponsored posts. There clearly is an audience that is willing to pay for her content so I think it’s fair play to her 🤷🏻‍♀️
She started off as a TV presenter and wrote a few columns. She only got into writing when Chris became so famous and she lost a lot of her jobs and then probably due to Chris been famous she got offered book deals. Her writing is mediocre but she actually writes articles better than she writes novels.

I don't agree with her Patreon. I follow some actual authors that have them but they don't have publishing deals so it helps pay for their marketing etc when they release a book.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I read the Amazon review at the time but Dawn has never mentioned it but the person who wrote the review was contacted by Dawn’s Lawyers I think she said?

Dawn looks like she was the popular girl at school, so I can well imagine her doing what was claimed!