Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
I see she's locking herself out of IG again and trying to go full subscription only for her 'content', complete with clickbaity "I'll DM you hun" style sign off.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

eyeballs

VIP Member
Ugh her Instagram post telling us all how poor she was 10 years ago. Boo fucking hoo .
Go back to ignoring your children and proudly doing drugs around them.

roarke

VIP Member
The joanie dresses look so heavy - terrible timing to release them in the summer. I used to like Dawn but then she started spouting that she didn’t want to write for free anymore and people should be supporting her on Patreon 🙄 she lost me then. I’m also not a fan of her carting her pets from LA to London but that’s just me.

Sooz

Chatty Member
It also does irritate me that she doesn't acknowledge her privilege.

People talk about Chris being a millionaire by now, but of course Dawn herself is a millionaire in her own right. Like or loathe her books (I was NOT a fan of The Cows) she is a bestselling author a few times over. She's independently wealthy.

Fair fucks to her and all, but does she think we're actually dense and don't realise?

They sold that tiny bungalow for $1.8 million, doubling their money, and bought a very fancy 5 bedroom for 2 million+.

But it's all "lolz, so relatable, amirite?" and COME ON.

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
Why pay when you can get it for freee?

Should both parents be drinking and smoking weed when they are responsible for minors? Serious question for any parents reading, not a preechy finger wag, i would have thought one needed to be sober just in case something happened. 😮

Bored, so looking for new fiction i was looking at her book reviews but i get the impression they are for teens. I think pateron seems beggy and leaves a bad taste in tje mouth when she and her family are more than comfortable. Chris has a lucrative career, (not HIS money but money for HIS FAMILY) and Dawn has had success on tv, and now has a book deal. That is what she should be living on, amd putting in the family financial pot. Pateron is for those struggling to get paid / get that book deal etc. Being greedy is unappealing, and quite possibly in the long term will do more harm than good.

Reactions: 5

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
I'm sure she'll come back to Instagram eventually when her engagement drops of a cliff and jeopardises her brand collaborations

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Ugh her Instagram post telling us all how poor she was 10 years ago. Boo fucking hoo .
Go back to ignoring your children and proudly doing drugs around them.
I very much doubt they were skint. He had been in loads of TV shows and made films before Bridesmaids. She owned a house in LA and I doubt they were renting in London? Like when she moaned she lost her Column she wrote and that's why she has her patreon as she doesn't write for free apparently. I noticed she was gifted loads of clothes for herself and her kids from Boden and like when she was in London a few years ago and begging for free furniture for their house!

I don't believe they went on the bus to watch Bridesmaids either! Is that her trying to make out how normal and skint they were?!

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
She’ll be back when she wants pre orders for her new book as it’s pre orders that help get the bestseller tag.

Sooz

Chatty Member
No, I agree, the Flackstock thing has always seemed like a jolly for her mates to me.

I've unfollowed anyway. If it's just a charity/book flogging/frock flogging account controlled by some hapless assistant, what's the point of cluttering up my feed?

Tiredbones

The Cows was awful, it was like an influencer's rambling IG post trying to empower women in more words than is necessary.
What frustrates me about the Patreon is that when she first mentioned the idea and was asking opinions she said it wouldn't affect her IG posts and stories, which were at times really funny. She hardly ever posts now so she clearly doesn't have enough content for both (this was also the case pre-lockdown so that's no excuse) I feel she has excluded a large number of followers, I don't want to pay to read articles but I did enjoy watching her stories. Other people manage to have both their paid/blog work and the random stuff they post on IG

MsGilmore

VIP Member
I think I remember her saying that someone had told her that she was providing too much content for free and should charge for it.
I can understand creatives starting out or who don’t have book deals having Patreon, but she has her own wealth plus combined with Chris’s too, it seems unethical almost!

dee_mc

VIP Member
I see she's back in London and on the beg again...

I need rugs. The internet has 9287472627263763828 billion rugs on it and every time I look I have a breakdown. Tell me where to buy a lovely, large rug with a classy print, good colours and that feels absolutely delightful under foot?

And of course she got offers on her post for free ones!
I can't even express how much that fucks me off.
She is married to a millionaire who seems to be a fairly steady earner, and she has some earning potential in her own right as a journalist of sorts and as an author: why in the name of (insert deity here) is she begging for stuff on social media, and why oh why is she doing it like this instead of contacting companies directly to beg for stuff?!
Makes no sense to me.

Ellabella

VIP Member
Did you see the post she made (then swiftly deleted) about being so stoned she passed out on her kid fully clothed?

• Wow
Reactions: 4

Kirstyroo

I note she made a preemptive statement about not being available for Caroline's documentary somewhere.... could have been stories (hasn't everyone been pretty much available at home for the last 12 months???) My gut feeling which doesn't sit well, is that perhaps the friendship was hyped up to be a bit more than it actually was.
I think she said she wasn’t in a place where she could comment - I took that as emotionally? She was also thanked in the credits of the documentary, so must have had some input. There’s mention of it on the Lewis Burton thread!

Wakkawikki

This post has made me feel brave enough to say The Cows is the worst book I've ever ever read. The storylines were ludicrous and it was not the big comment women's relationships with other women it was touted as.
The Cows was awful, I agree. Fat phobic, not one person of colour (strange for a book set in London). My boyfriend bought the So Lucky as he thought I was a fan, but I don’t think I’ll bother reading it.

While I’m here... not sure if this been mentioned already, but I definitely sense tension between her and Flack’s London pals (Lou Teasdale, Mollie, etc). Anybody else notice that?

Sooz

Chatty Member
The jizz stuff is RANK.

Nothing will put me off food quicker than literally comparing it favourably to semen. 🤮🤮🤮

• Sick
  • Heart
  • Sad

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
BTW Dawn has started a Patreon
Hmm.. I won’t be paying to read things she used to write for free on Instagram.

Is she that desperate for money with her publishing deal and her movie star husband with houses in LA and London?

She asked for her followers opinions on it but didn’t seem to care that most weren’t impressed!

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
Yep, she'll be back when she needs to flog something. Be it a book or tickets to that flackstock thing she does, that I've never seen anyone normal actually go to/talk about. It seems to be a gig for her mates to attend in memory of another mate, fine but not sure why we need to know?

Disclaimer - Yes, I'm aware of who Caroline Flack was and the circumstances of her death. It was sad for all concerned. My comment isn't about her death (or her life).

Beiger

I really like her but a while back there were a few stories asking for recommendations for mattresses etc, which we all know is insta speak for who wants to send me a free mattress! 🙄