Davinia Taylor #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it absolutely baffling that they don't want any "nasties" in their food but taking soooo many supplements. Eat a balanced died, exercise, hydrate. Simple skincare. That'll achieve most of what these people are looking for I swear. One woman listed all the supplements she was taking and I was agog. There were more than 10. And she took them every day!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
So one of the latest posts on the group has been advised by her GP to stop ‘Spice’ & the ‘Rise and Shine’ due to some liver test results. Advised to stop and retest in month……
Can’t believe the comments telling her to ignore the GP. Some extremely bad medical/other advice being handed out on multiple posts by her cult followers/experts. 🙈
I literally just joined this group after seeing that post. I'm horrified. I cannot believe people are ignoring medical advice. Its Like their all brain washed. So many people ignoring advice. There was one person on their saying to disregard Drs advice on antibiotics after surgery 🤦

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I'll preface this by saying I actually do like Davinia - she's mental but I do like her, and to be fair, lots of mainstream GP's just aren't all that clued up on hormones/holistic therapies etc and want to treat the symptoms rather than the cause.

Reactions: 9
I find it absolutely baffling that they don't want any "nasties" in their food but taking soooo many supplements. Eat a balanced died, exercise, hydrate. Simple skincare. That'll achieve most of what these people are looking for I swear. One woman listed all the supplements she was taking and I was agog. There were more than 10. And she took them every day!
And they live on stevia and olive oil 😑. I use olive oil, but some people in that group are necking multiple tablespoons a day, every day. I am all for including fats, but it just seems ott to me.

• Haha
One of my favourite topics that always makes me laugh is when someone asks if pans and air fryers are safe 😂😂, it’s like a Victoria Wood sketch.

If I use an air fryer , will I start talking to Liberace and end up getting sectioned ? 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'll preface this by saying I actually do like Davinia - she's mental but I do like her, and to be fair, lots of mainstream GP's just aren't all that clued up on hormones/holistic therapies etc and want to treat the symptoms rather than the cause.
I agree some GP’s are more focused on traditional and pharmaceutical treatments. I don’t think Davinia is the answer. I think she is a dangerous crackpot. None of her advice is based on good quality evidence. Don‘t even start me on the shite she posted about fasting for 5 days before chemo! She is lining her own pockets with all the powders and crap she is peddling. Agree 100% that eating a balanced diet, drinking plenty water and regular exercise is the only way to maintain a healthy weight long term. Following fads might give short term gains but it’s unsustainable

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Totally get that. They are general practitioners who have to know a little about a lot. The whole menopause thing.... I agree women have been let down. I just find it sad that if your Liver levels are badly wrong you'd jump to FB and Davinia Taylor rather than listen to your Drs advice. The advice people give out is shocking. One women the other night said she shouldn't take the precautionary antibiotics after surgery and just wait to see if she showed sign of infection!!!! 🤦 all in the name of gut health.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Totally get that. They are general practitioners who have to know a little about a lot. The whole menopause thing.... I agree women have been let down. I just find it sad that if your Liver levels are badly wrong you'd jump to FB and Davinia Taylor rather than listen to your Drs advice. The advice people give out is shocking. One women the other night said she shouldn't take the precautionary antibiotics after surgery and just wait to see if she showed sign of infection!!!! 🤦 all in the name of gut health.
It's a really wide area isn't it - I've definitely had my eyes open over the years with medical issues. When my first baby was small I used to give him Calpol at any sign of a temperature, but on my second baby, a consultant paed actually said that that could actually make things worse and a temperature for babies (up to a certain point) is actually a good sign and can strengthen their systems. Calpol 'covers up' the symptom and means baby can seem well even though something else might be going on. It made sense to me. Most of the time I feel GPs just want the quickest fix they can get.
I'm more interested in the food side of things to be honest, I do think we've been sold down the river with pre-packaged and ultra processed foods. A lot of us are unhealthy as duck, even if we don't outwardly appear so.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I agree some GP’s are more focused on traditional and pharmaceutical treatments. I don’t think Davinia is the answer. I think she is a dangerous crackpot. None of her advice is based on good quality evidence. Don‘t even start me on the shite she posted about fasting for 5 days before chemo! She is lining her own pockets with all the powders and crap she is peddling. Agree 100% that eating a balanced diet, drinking plenty water and regular exercise is the only way to maintain a healthy weight long term. Following fads might give short term gains but it’s unsustainable
I follow DR Louise Newson. She is incredible and knows her tit. I'm actually now quite embarrassed I bought into Davinia with her books. I've removed the FB group. To culty and its giving me anxiety 🤦
---
It's a really wide area isn't it - I've definitely had my eyes open over the years with medical issues. When my first baby was small I used to give him Calpol at any sign of a temperature, but on my second baby, a consultant paed actually said that that could actually make things worse and a temperature for babies (up to a certain point) is actually a good sign and can strengthen their systems. Calpol 'covers up' the symptom and means baby can seem well even though something else might be going on. It made sense to me. Most of the time I feel GPs just want the quickest fix they can get.
I'm more interested in the food side of things to be honest, I do think we've been sold down the river with pre-packaged and ultra processed foods. A lot of us are unhealthy as duck, even if we don't outwardly appear so.
Definitely. I'm sure we can all do better with our food etc. I'm really interested in that too❤ just all this constant toxic this toxic that !!!! Its too much

Reactions: 7
Some of her responses to comments are off the charts aren't they?
There was one this morning where she literally told someone to "f*ck off" and called them an "ungrateful cow".
Whilst on a holiday in Morocco!
Comments on Instagram? I can’t see any has she deleted?

I genuinely feel sad for all these women listening to her and buying everything trying to make themselves feel better. Half the people on the fb page have no idea what their doing or taking but just want to feel less tit. 😕

This… and they buy the product without any idea what it’s for or how to ‘use’ it. They must have money coming out their ears to spend the amounts they do.
I don’t believe that Gp’s know everything yet and I do like a bit of biohacking to a degree but more than anything I think eat food without packets or barcodes where possible and stay away from highly processed food, but wear sunscreen, get sleep, exercise but you def don’t need all the supplements she pushes to feel good.
I don’t believe she means to be a snake oil sales
Person. I honestly believe she believes all of this hype .. but she’s an addict by nature so it’s easy for her. The way she talks about double dropping this potion or that is just plain irresponsible however.., and people fall for it. Like sheep.

I genuinely feel sad for all these women listening to her and buying everything trying to make themselves feel better. Half the people on the fb page have no idea what they’re doing or taking but just want to feel less tit. 😕

Reactions: 5
This… and they buy the product without any idea what it’s for or how to ‘use’ it. They must have money coming out their ears to spend the amounts they do.
I don’t believe that Gp’s know everything yet and I do like a bit of biohacking to a degree but more than anything I think eat food without packets or barcodes where possible and stay away from highly processed food, but wear sunscreen, get sleep, exercise but you def don’t need all the supplements she pushes to feel good.
I don’t believe she means to be a snake oil sales
Person. I honestly believe she believes all of this hype .. but she’s an addict by nature so it’s easy for her. The way she talks about double dropping this potion or that is just plain irresponsible however.., and people fall for it. Like sheep.
I agree with you. I'm not against her flogging supplements. I take a few supplements (not hers). I just feel some of the information is dangerous. She's obviously passionate. But......she's not a professional and I fear she's starting to believe she is and people are obsessed with her. 😬

Exactly what a lot of Tattlers have been saying.
Healthy food, water & a bit more exercise is something we could probably all benefit from.
Ultra processed food is the main cause of inflammation and totally messes with metabolism and hormones and god knows what else.
Removing or reducing UPF would massively help with illnesses and diseases and other symptoms.

These people are fanatical & deluded, you aren’t going to be healthy fasting for days on end, chugging 10 different supplements and drinking 5 fatty coffees a day! Ludicrous to even think that.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Exactly what a lot of Tattlers have been saying.
Healthy food, water & a bit more exercise is something we could probably all benefit from.
Ultra processed food is the main cause of inflammation and totally messes with metabolism and hormones and god knows what else.
Removing or reducing UPF would massively help with illnesses and diseases and other symptoms.

These people are fanatical & deluded, you aren’t going to be healthy fasting for days on end, chugging 10 different supplements and drinking 5 fatty coffees a day! Ludicrous to even think that.
💯 So glad ive found some like minded people. Tim Spector and Michael Mosley have some interesting content. Her followers seem to think she invented fasting. Balance is key I think. If we can try and be better cutting upf where we can without demonizing eating and normal life, follow Health Professionals who we trust , and do what WE feel is right...were winning. Life is for living not being scared your Dr is trying to kill you or you need 1000000 rise and shine before and after an Indian take away 🙏🏻❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I agree with what the last few posts have said. I use and love the collagen and keto powders , they do genuinely help me stop snacking on rubbish and I’ve been enjoying the new mint protein powder and I’ve cut out UPF and do not eat ready meals anymore but some of the people in the facebook group are extremists and come across like they’re one step away from wearing a tin foil hat.

I think she has lost perspective.

What started off in trying to find healthy choices FOR HERSELF has unlocked a door for her to imply what WORKED FOR HER will work for you too. Like every single other person on social media.

She made some great choices and it had an impact however she has disordered eating and takes supplements to replace a whole host of things that she could get if she actually ate a balanced diet. Supplements are her diet and that's wrong.

I liked her too, had a few IG chats with her. But she has got whisked down a rabbit hole and it's an unhealthy and obsessed one at that.

Everyone buying into her shows how we are all looking for answers, or showing the power of Social media.

It's all a balance. Who wants a chemical supplement to replace actual health nutrients from food?

I take two supplements, not hers, but after a lot of research & trial and error with my diet. I have a rule not to buy anything from someone advertising on social media.

I don't know how it will all end with Davinia, she did originally share some good stuff. But now who wants to rely on what's she's flogging? (Apart from her company profits?) She isn't the picture of health, well maybe she is physically but everytime I pop onto IG to listen to her she is not a picture of someone who has it together or calm. Which I know none of us are 24/7 but I would expect someone selling health and wellbeing to be a role model for it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
It speaks volumes that she can "bio hack" her way to a healthier, slimmer life but can't do the same to calm herself down and become a bit more chilled and a lot less manic. I used to like her and her odd tips etc to being healthier but since she's gone full on health guru and bio hacker extraordinaire I don't like her much.

Reactions: 11