Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Got a like on hinge on Saturday, matched with him yesterday and sent the first message, he replied. I responded. No reply. I’ve unmatched him today. 24 hours is enough time to wait for a reply before unmatching, right?

Reactions: 7
I went on my lockdown date last week. Once the nerves had died down (for both of us), we had a good really time, chatted all night and got food and drinks and sat outside.

He said he had a good time and was talking about other things we could do for future dates. Said he had no doubt in his mind that we would get on and it's been rare for him to meet someone on his level like me.

Fast forward to the next day and over Easter, barely heard from him and he was always a regular texter. I can see he's online on whatsapp. Don't know whether to give it the benefit of the doubt as it has been Easter etc but just annoying as a lot of the positive signs came from him in the first place.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I went on my lockdown date last week. Once the nerves had died down (for both of us), we had a good really time, chatted all night and got food and drinks and sat outside.

He said he had a good time and was talking about other things we could do for future dates. Said he had no doubt in his mind that we would get on and it's been rare for him to meet someone on his level like me.

Fast forward to the next day and over Easter, barely heard from him and he was always a regular texter. I can see he's online on whatsapp. Don't know whether to give it the benefit of the doubt as it has been Easter etc but just annoying as a lot of the positive signs came from him in the first place.
I’ve had a similar situation and you almost don’t want to keep messaging but it’s annoying AF to mess you around and not check in. Ps he might just think he’s not good enough for you, it’s most likely his confidence nothing to do with you.

Reactions: 1
I’ve had a similar situation and you almost don’t want to keep messaging but it’s annoying AF to mess you around and not check in. Ps he might just think he’s not good enough for you, it’s most likely his confidence nothing to do with you.
Thanks, I'll see how it goes this week. I'd rather him just say, you know what I'm not feeling it or whatever but they never seem to

Reactions: 4
Got a like on hinge on Saturday, matched with him yesterday and sent the first message, he replied. I responded. No reply. I’ve unmatched him today. 24 hours is enough time to wait for a reply before unmatching, right?
Yes I think so
Thanks, I'll see how it goes this week. I'd rather him just say, you know what I'm not feeling it or whatever but they never seem to
I don't get why people just can't be honest and send a nice message saying they aren't feeling it. It's so cowardly to phase someone out. I hope he comes through!

I went once at a festival 15 years ago and never again.
He is very “outdoorsy” and I’m not 😅🤦🏼‍♀️

View attachment 516584
I really want to say that you never know, as opposites attract. But why is there a chicken on him?! Also, I'm so not outdoorsy and went on a date a the beginning of the year with an outdoorsy type. I thought we were going for a gentle stroll and wore some nice trainers. We ended up on an 8km hike in fields of mud and I had mud all the way up to my shins. So perhaps you should avoid :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Also why does everyone suddenly want to convert a van and is looking for a girl to travel round in it with them. Nah mate, I’m strictly a nice hotel kind of guy. Not a converted van with barely enough room to roll over in

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Also why does everyone suddenly want to convert a van and is looking for a girl to travel round in it with them. Nah mate, I’m strictly a nice hotel kind of guy. Not a converted van with barely enough room to roll over in
To each their own, but I've never understood the appeal of going travelling where you stay in grotty B&Bs and eat cheap food. For me, the fancy accommodation and nice food are the POINT. Like, I love the history stuff too, but not enough to shower with flipflops on yknow.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
To each their own, but I've never understood the appeal of going travelling where you stay in grotty B&Bs and eat cheap food. For me, the fancy accommodation and nice food are the POINT. Like, I love the history stuff too, but not enough to shower with flipflops on yknow.
Same here. I go for the luxury and good food. To feel a bit special and escape from day to day life

I agree to all the above, including the hotels!
Also thanks to all who responded to my previous post a few weeks ago. I really appreciate it!

Honestly I couldn’t camp, you’d have to bribe me. Sorry boys I’m a 4 star minimum hotel ⭐ gal.

To the posters who said about guys not texting etc. I had this on hinge, a guy matched with me, turns out he knew me from university and we had been on nights out/socials together but I honestly don’t know him like that or even well. His face looked semi familiar but that’s all. Anyway we were chatting he was keen to meet, He asked for my Instagram and WhatsApp. He text me, I responded, he text me again, I responded and till today has never read the text. (There’s grey ticks) all other ticks are blue.
It is Bizarre AF and super annoying as I agree no one is ever upfront and honest but then they all proclaim to be honest guys eyeroll.

my advice: Wait and see if he texts if not thank you next.

Hope you all had a lovely bank hols. We’re going to be let out soon 🥳 xx

Last edited:
I really want to say that you never know, as opposites attract. But why is there a chicken on him?! Also, I'm so not outdoorsy and went on a date a the beginning of the year with an outdoorsy type. I thought we were going for a gentle stroll and wore some nice trainers. We ended up on an 8km hike in fields of mud and I had mud all the way up to my shins. So perhaps you should avoid :ROFLMAO:
That sounds like a date I went on. It was the kind of walk they you needed to wear walking boots for. I definitely do not own walking boots. I hope your trainers survived 😢

I agree to all the above, including the hotels!
Also thanks to all who responded to my previous post a few weeks ago. I really appreciate it!

Honestly I couldn’t camp, you’d have to bribe me. Sorry boys I’m a 4 star minimum hotel ⭐ gal.

To the posters who said about guys not texting etc. I had this on hinge, a guy matched with me, turns out he knew me from university and we had been on nights out/socials together but I honestly don’t know him like that or even well. His face looked semi familiar but that’s all. Anyway we were chatting he was keen to meet, He asked for my Instagram and WhatsApp. He text me, I responded, he text me again, I responded and till today has never read the text. (There’s grey ticks). It is Bizarre AF and super annoying as I agree no one is ever upfront and honest but then they all proclaim to be honest guys eyeroll.

my advice: Wait and see if he texts if not thank you next.

Hope you all had a lovely bank hols. We’re going to be let out soon 🥳 xx
So relieved I’m not the only 1 who doesn’t like camping 😂

Maybe he has turned his read receipts off?

Last edited:

Quoting myself. Hadn't really heard from him so just sent a message to say, shall we leave it then? You can say if you want to, it's fine, type thing.

Then got a reply to say he doesn't know but the distance has been on his mind. We live about an hr and a half away, I drive but he doesn't. We discussed this when we first started talking and he said distance shouldn't be a boundary if you like someone. Not saying he's allowed to change his mind but he could've said sooner as I had to dig to get it out of him. At least I know now

I've heard of Hinge - is it any good? I'm such a lazy online dater as I much prefer real people lol

Thought I’d give Hinge a go before I draw the line under online dating. Didn’t realise you only get 8 likes a day 😩

• Wow
Just as an aside, I've had this happen so many times as have some of my friends. The jumping through hoops, the almost over keeness etc etc to absolutely nothing. I will never understand it. My friend had it happen to her weeks before she was about to move in with someone when he was the one pushing for it. And he told her via text. I'll never understand it.

• Wow
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.