Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd love to get on something like Hinge even just to pass the time but I don't have 6 photos of myself :rolleyes: I'll have to live vicariously through you all on this thread

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Talking to this guy over the weekend. Moved to texting and wow he is so negative. Of course people don't have to like the same things but a lot of things I liked, he has just shot down.

Asked if i liked dogs. I said i never owned one but I have nothing against them. Said he thinks they are overrated and belong in nature and that people use them as personality traits.

Doesn't like formal dating as sitting opposite each other talking is the worst. Doesn't like getting dressed up or make up on girls.

I asked what he would rather do (if covid not around) and he said go for a walk. Doesn't drink or like going to bars. Doesn't like theme parks/zoos says they are boring.
I asked surely there must be other things you like to do with someone to get to know them and he hasn't replied/left me on read. Says it all really

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Talking to this guy over the weekend. Moved to texting and wow he is so negative. Of course people don't have to like the same things but a lot of things I liked, he has just shot down.

Asked if i liked dogs. I said i never owned one but I have nothing against them. Said he thinks they are overrated and belong in nature and that people use them as personality traits.

Doesn't like formal dating as sitting opposite each other talking is the worst. Doesn't like getting dressed up or make up on girls.

I asked what he would rather do (if covid not around) and he said go for a walk. Doesn't drink or like going to bars. Doesn't like theme parks/zoos says they are boring.
I asked surely there must be other things you like to do with someone to get to know them and he hasn't replied/left me on read. Says it all really
Christ that sounds painful!!! My ex was negative and toxic, everything and everyone was a problem! Much better off without, so what exactly does he like???

Reactions: 6
Christ that sounds painful!!! My ex was negative and toxic, everything and everyone was a problem! Much better off without, so what exactly does he like???
Spent more time telling me what he didn't like. Just sounded like he had a massive chip on his shoulder.

Still no reply to my question so maybe he doesnt actually like to do anything else🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Spent more time telling me what he didn't like. Just sounded like he had a massive chip on his shoulder.

Still no reply to my question so maybe he doesnt actually like to do anything else🙈
The audacity of these men to leave us on read. Irks me.
I’ve got two opinions on this - this could just be how he is or maybe depressed.

Either way thank u next.
D1C2BB8B-5F7F-4957-90BA-C4095C3165A2.jpeg

Reactions: 6

Did he have a decent profile?!

Reactions: 1
since last March!! We hit our “anniversary” the other day. Obviously things would have been different if COVID never happened. I have children and high risk family members, I’d never risk their health and he has respected that the entire time.

We speak every day. Both of us have been there for each other with massive highs and lows happening throughout the whole year. Talk about how things are going to be different once these restrictions lift. It’s so strange. I’ve never done the whole dating online until I got bored after being single for 18months.

Never thought I’d click with anyone ever again. And especially that I’m a single mum. But this one 🥺 I’m myself with him and I’m the most comfortable I have ever been with someone.
so so so happy for you! Such a lovely story 🥰 I’m a single mummy too and every male I’ve met has never had a problem with this ever why should they?!?! If they do bye don’t let the door hit you on the way out 😂😂

I’m also with someone now and so happy, he has his own flat I have mine and it works perfectly 🥰

Have a lovely Sunday girls xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
In a flit of loneliness/boredom I downloaded one of the apps and got chatting with a divorced guy in his late 40s (I'm late 30s so most guys in my pool are divorced). Pleasant enough, chatty, all going well. Then he starts to talk about how we probably wouldn't have a future because of x/y/z and I thought ok...a little premature given we've only just started talking. Anyway it turns out that his divorce was a shock for him (over 10 years ago) and the scars are very much there, and his way of self-preservation which he admitted himself is to run through all the reasons why something won't work to try and protect himself from trying it and having it fail. For me on the receiving end of that it was hardcore neediness and picking morning, noon and night. Why do you like me square_spoon? Why did you reply to my message? I think you're great square_spoon, what do you think is great about me?.....it ended when my battery died late one night and I fell asleep mid text-conversation. I woke up to a lengthy message about how I had disappeared in the middle of a conversation and treated him like he was nothing...like he was disposable...made him feel like he was worthless...and no woman has ever and would ever disrespect him in such a way ever again....goodbye cruel world etc.

His divorce from his own recollection was pretty amicable as divorces go, good relationship with the ex-wife, plenty of access to kids who are now teenagers etc. so it threw me a loop a bit. But the good thing is it made me remember why I don't use dating apps!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
In a flit of loneliness/boredom I downloaded one of the apps and got chatting with a divorced guy in his late 40s (I'm late 30s so most guys in my pool are divorced). Pleasant enough, chatty, all going well. Then he starts to talk about how we probably wouldn't have a future because of x/y/z and I thought ok...a little premature given we've only just started talking. Anyway it turns out that his divorce was a shock for him (over 10 years ago) and the scars are very much there, and his way of self-preservation which he admitted himself is to run through all the reasons why something won't work to try and protect himself from trying it and having it fail. For me on the receiving end of that it was hardcore neediness and picking morning, noon and night. Why do you like me square_spoon? Why did you reply to my message? I think you're great square_spoon, what do you think is great about me?.....it ended when my battery died late one night and I fell asleep mid text-conversation. I woke up to a lengthy message about how I had disappeared in the middle of a conversation and treated him like he was nothing...like he was disposable...made him feel like he was worthless...and no woman has ever and would ever disrespect him in such a way ever again....goodbye cruel world etc.

His divorce from his own recollection was pretty amicable as divorces go, good relationship with the ex-wife, plenty of access to kids who are now teenagers etc. so it threw me a loop a bit. But the good thing is it made me remember why I don't use dating apps!
Oh my god. Why would any woman divorce him? :rolleyes:

God bless your battery for dying

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Tbh if my hackles hadn't already been raised by the drama and neediness I would totally have sloped out of bed to grab a charger :cool:

We all have baggage and back stories and terrible things that have happened to us but I really think to be ready to date you need to put your best foot forward and try to work with a clean slate. He is out there lamenting the fact he's never had a significant relationship since his wife and I'm over here thinking...ask me why and I'll tell you!

I had to take myself off the apps because i just felt unsafe. A guy made 7 different profiles he didnt message me on every one of them but i recognised the face and name everytime it's made me feel so uncomfortable so i deleted all my profiles besides the guy thats in a relationship im still hurt by it.

Reactions: 1
Talking to a guy on Bumble and all going ok but the inability to meet or do anything is obviously putting a dampener on things. He doesn't live close enough for walks. I kind of just want to give up chatting, because it all seems so pointless.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I’ve got a like on hinge and one of his photos is just of his daughter who looks about 5.
It feels a bit wrong. I understand you want women to know that you have a child, but there are weirdos out there and you’re putting a photo of your child on the internet?!

Maybe I’m overthinking it 😂

Reactions: 10
Up there with the guys who have 'my kids r my wrld - if u don't like that then f-you' as the the only text in their profiles.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
They’re as bad as the guys who put pics of them with kids and then go to great pains to point out they’re not the father. Why the duck are you putting the picture up then? Although I also judge guys who put pics of their kids up too. Just stop using kids as a prop on an adult dating site.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I got Bumble and got chatting to a few people. I actually quite enjoyed talking to one guy but he started being super slow at replying then whenever he did, it was distracted/one word answers. He did the same thing last night and tbh I deleted the app because I was getting a bit sick of it (and the usual dating app stuff) but now I wished I got that guys number 🤷‍♀️ even though deep down he really isn't worth the effort in the long run

I got Bumble and got chatting to a few people. I actually quite enjoyed talking to one guy but he started being super slow at replying then whenever he did, it was distracted/one word answers. He did the same thing last night and tbh I deleted the app because I was getting a bit sick of it (and the usual dating app stuff) but now I wished I got that guys number 🤷‍♀️ even though deep down he really isn't worth the effort in the long run
hun I know that feeling it’s awful but youre better off not having his number especially if he is making no effort! Not worth it better knowing now than meeting him and liking him! My friends do a 3 month thing 3 months on the app if it doesn’t work out they come off for a bit then go on again so they feel refreshed🤍🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.