Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have heard this. I know a lot of people who have got Serious relationships from bumble and my friend from work was due to get married in sept to someone she’s been with for nearly two year thanks for bumble. I think tinder is more for hook ups nowadays.
Yes, I’ve always heard that tinder is just for random shags 🙈😂

Reactions: 2
Yes, I’ve always heard that tinder is just for random shags 🙈😂
I know a girl who met her now husband on tinder like 6 years ago!

I was online dating for about 18 months before I got with my boyfriend, matching with people who had awful chat, nothing in common, bad dates etc.

I think you have to sift through a log of frogs to actually get some success online.

Stay away from Plenty Of Fish for your own sanity 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've actually met someone on Twitter lol, I kinda knew who they were beforehand as they have a YouTube channel and I'd watch the odd vid (don't worry they're not a famous haha), so I made a Twitter account, tweeted at them and they liked replied and followed me back. Then we started DM'ing from time to time. This was over a month ago now I'm playing the long game but our chats keep getting flirtier and not in a weird way.
I'm nervous about meeting him irl as he's quite tall and slim where I'm short and chubby, I don't think he realises that yet, haven't gotten to the video call stage just yet but fingers crossed ☺

Reactions: 3
I spoke with someone last night on Tinder, I was excited to match with him, we had all the same interests, including the same main hobby. He messaged me first complimenting me on my pictures and then I eeeked my way to message 7 of his one word answers and had to quit 🙈🙈. What is the deal with these guys haha!!!

Reactions: 6
I spoke with someone last night on Tinder, I was excited to match with him, we had all the same interests, including the same main hobby. He messaged me first complimenting me on my pictures and then I eeeked my way to message 7 of his one word answers and had to quit 🙈🙈. What is the deal with these guys haha!!!
Oh god, that is another massively annoying thing. Messages that start strong but fizzle because he's suddenly putting no effort in. Replying with one or two words with no follow up.

I do the same and stop replying, which has always been the right call as they've never messaged again either 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
I dated someone in lockdown. It didn’t work out.
I’m so much happier on my own.

That “relationship” proved to me what mattered most.

Reactions: 2
Ive also since found out he has more then one FB account so that screams 'dodgy' to me.:unsure::cautious:

Reactions: 6
Pretty sure I'm destined to be single. Haven't managed to get past a 3rd date with a guy in the 2 years I've been on dating apps. The latest we got as far as a 2nd date before he got super distant, asked him about it and he said he's just been busy with work (fair enough also I was pretty relaxed in my questioning didn't approach it in a pushy way but it had been 3 weeks since the 2nd meet) then a week later he said he wanted to cool things off because he's too busy to commit but we can stay friends and maybe date in a couple of months and that he didn't plan on looking for anyone else for this reason. Fast forward to tonight and me being nosey I check his bumble account because we're still matched, he's completely updated his profile so is obviously still using it. Why is being honest so difficult for these men?!
Sorry for the long rant but here feels like a suitable place to rant about it.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I have a question what are good questions for the first few dates. Casual, getting to know you questions? Any questions off limit for you?

Reactions: 1
I have a question what are good questions for the first few dates. Casual, getting to know you questions? Any questions off limit for you?
A first date about 5 years ago asked me if I liked goats cheese and if I was into Anal, which is why it went no further 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
As an ice breaker, I used to like to ask about their OD experiences. Anything weird or funny, etc. As it's something you both share common ground on.

I'd avoid 'stock' questions, though. I remember getting on like a house on fire with a first date, the conversation was flowing naturally and he then interrupted with some standard, stock question - can't remember what it was, but remember I couldn't think of an answer off the top of my head. Said I'd have to think about it, but then it just kind of killed the conversation a bit, think he felt a bit daft, and it was harder to get back on track.

A first date about 5 years ago asked me if I liked goats cheese and if I was into Anal, which is why it went no further 😂
Omg. Crazy. That’s like 10th date question no? This is exactly why I’m asking. Surely something’s are off limits

As an ice breaker, I used to like to ask about their OD experiences. Anything weird or funny, etc. As it's something you both share common ground on.

I'd avoid 'stock' questions, though. I remember getting on like a house on fire with a first date, the conversation was flowing naturally and he then interrupted with some standard, stock question - can't remember what it was, but remember I couldn't think of an answer off the top of my head. Said I'd have to think about it, but then it just kind of killed the conversation a bit, think he felt a bit daft, and it was harder to get back on track.
Yeah I get what you mean about the stick questions. I think they’re good for conversation starters and you can mix with the flow of the conversation. What are stock questions to you?

So I honestly think I need mr right to just break into my house at this point. I don’t think I can “online date” anymore It destroyed my self esteem and we can’t even “real life date” either really. I don’t feel like going to bars - clubs aren’t open, then don’t want to date someone I meet in a club or bar, can’t see anyone’s actual face due to masks so no flirting on public transport or metros rush hour crush (my life goal), where does anyone even meet a guy now? Covid-19 is running my life you b***h or as Greg James says “up yours corona”.

Am I destined to be single forever?
I can’t keep stalking my “ghost” ex on Instagram for the rest of my life 😅🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Pretty sure I'm destined to be single. Haven't managed to get past a 3rd date with a guy in the 2 years I've been on dating apps. The latest we got as far as a 2nd date before he got super distant, asked him about it and he said he's just been busy with work (fair enough also I was pretty relaxed in my questioning didn't approach it in a pushy way but it had been 3 weeks since the 2nd meet) then a week later he said he wanted to cool things off because he's too busy to commit but we can stay friends and maybe date in a couple of months and that he didn't plan on looking for anyone else for this reason. Fast forward to tonight and me being nosey I check his bumble account because we're still matched, he's completely updated his profile so is obviously still using it. Why is being honest so difficult for these men?!
Sorry for the long rant but here feels like a suitable place to rant about it.
I honestly think it's to do with luck and timing and most men on these apps just want a time pass and move on. It is definitely not a reflection on you. It's hard to get negative though and I have done it many times.

So I honestly think I need mr right to just break into my house at this point. I don’t think I can “online date” anymore It destroyed my self esteem and we can’t even “real life date” either really. I don’t feel like going to bars - clubs aren’t open, then don’t want to date someone I meet in a club or bar, can’t see anyone’s actual face due to masks so no flirting on public transport or metros rush hour crush (my life goal), where does anyone even meet a guy now? Covid-19 is running my life you b***h or as Greg James says “up yours corona”.

Am I destined to be single forever?
I can’t keep stalking my “ghost” ex on Instagram for the rest of my life 😅🤣

I felt like this when lockdown hit, especially as this was meant to be the year i became more social and hopefully met someone out and about.

A good friend has joined a tennis club and it's so social. Maybe do something like that?

Yesterday i started following one of my crushes (lol) on Instagram and he followed back and started a conversation. I was embarrassingly excited 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.