Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just started Internet dating for the first time, my more (Tinder) experienced friend has told me I'm too trusting and innocent because I believe what every man tells me on there 😅 Does anyone have a definitive list of Internet dating red flags for a novice just starting out like me!?
If they get sexual Too quick don’t reply and make sure they give you their number and not Snapchat/ Facebook etc x

Reactions: 4
Love this thread everyone is so helpful.(y)
I’m so glad! I’ve been trying to make it for weeks and then suddenly had the power to create threads ⭐🤪🥰🤯

I agree none of this snapchat stuff it’s for teenagers (I’m 27and do not even use that anymore) I also find it a red flag if they say they have no social media. I met a guywho said that and know a girl who dated someone who created Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook pages and a fake name when was dating her she only found out by making a new YouTube channel and told him , she then got a notification that someone subscribed, didn’t know who it was so Facebook searched it turns out it was the guy she was dating and his actual name, he was Engaged and living with another girl! long story short she dumped him!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Hinge is good when you first join. Then you get all the dregs and not so good looking ones once you’ve swiped through all the good ones 😒😂 and I live in a city!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m married but my best friend has been Ghosted a lot and I did an advice thread on this for her a few months ago as I thought she was over reacting when he hadn’t replied and became flaky.. a week later he ghosted her 🤦🏼‍♀️She went back on bumble and started talking to another guy.. been on about 4 SD dates so far and enjoying it so hope it works out for others!

Reactions: 2
Similar to above, I’m married but my friend is constantly getting ghosted. We’re in our mid 30s and she has very high standards. One being to meet a guy with no children. I know they’re out there but if you want a guy who’s a few years older (38ish) then you’re already slimming your chances as by that age men are often divorced and with baggage. So the ones she does meet are totally scared off by her setting out their lives together on date 3, then they just ghost her and she’s heartbroken. I can’t really offer any advice to people on this thread who are looking to date but I would say keep it casual and low key in the early days.

Reactions: 7
The thing about playing it cool is that it’s really hard to do. I find a lot of men (From the apps) start off really keen, tonnes of messages, wanting to meet quickly, talk of the future and the suddenly cool it down or disappear all together. I’ve had this so much and it’s hard not to sometimes get carried away, especially as these are good looking and successful men! I’m much better now, although it happened to me again recently. Saw a guy 4 times in two weeks and he sent a message saying we are moving too fast and then deleted me!

luckily, or sadly, I’m just used to it and see it as part of the journey.

I’m adamant I’m just going to keep trying and just be myself. I hate game playing! I’ve learnt to not take things personally, and as time goes on I’m more cool anyway as it becomes less exciting lol

Im in my 30s btw and men definitely do not get better or mature with age!

Also, I like to always be polite after a date and if I don’t like them I’ll send a nice message letting them down. Feel it’s the least I can do and am putting out good karma into the dating world!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
The thing about playing it cool is that it’s really hard to do. I find a lot of men (From the apps) start off really keen, tonnes of messages, wanting to meet quickly, talk of the future and the suddenly cool it down or disappear all together. I’ve had this so much and it’s hard not to sometimes get carried away, especially as these are good looking and successful men! I’m much better now, although it happened to me again recently. Saw a guy 4 times in two weeks and he sent a message saying we are moving too fast and then deleted me!

luckily, or sadly, I’m just used to it and see it as part of the journey.

I’m adamant I’m just going to keep trying and just be myself. I hate game playing! I’ve learnt to not take things personally, and as time goes on I’m more cool anyway as it becomes less exciting lol

Im in my 30s btw and men definitely do not get better or mature with age!

Also, I like to always be polite after a date and if I don’t like them I’ll send a nice message letting them down. Feel it’s the least I can do and am putting out good karma into the dating world!
Definitely had similar experiences to this 😒😒

Reactions: 5
I love this thread! I've been single for nearly 5 years now. I tried the dating apps, Tinder made me feel awful, like terrible. I either had guys eating out of my hands because they wanted a hookup or nothing at all. Then bumble just times out too quickly. Hinge is good, but I haven't met anyone yet off there. Had a few dates, but just never meet anyone that I click with. I was dating a guy from my gym for 9 months, then it turns out he was still married and lied the whole time. I felt absolute crap for that, and to be honest since I've been so wary of guys. I feel like lockdown and COVID-19 have made dating nearly impossible now, which is fine because if this is what we have to do, then we cant change it.

My main problem is I flit between love being single and then feeling lonely and redownloading the dating apps. I thought post-divorce life would be a real mix of dating and fun, and pre-march it kind of was. Now it's just a boring and very sexless life haha. Lockdown highlighted how much I rely on my friends for social interaction and support, being a single household has been very lonely!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Did you hear back?
No not yet, but I'm not sure if he's been online lately as hes not posted any pics for over a month.🤷‍♀️

Also his following total keeps changing like this morning it was more then yesterday but just nw it had gone down again. Do you think thats something to do with Instagram or he's online but just not posting?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
No not yet, but I'm not sure if he's been online lately as hes not posted any pics for over a month.🤷‍♀️

Also his following total keeps changing like this morning it was more then yesterday but just nw it had gone down again. Do you think thats something to do with Instagram or he's online but just not posting?
He would still get a notification if you’ve sent a message wouldn’t he?
Is his account private?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.