Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought if it was public he would šŸ˜«I get notifications if people who donā€™t follow me message me but it comes up as ā€œmessage requestsā€ but mine is private. I wouldnā€™t message both accounts as I think thatā€™s too full on but I would maybe start following him?
Or maybe message him on fb?

Reactions: 5
I thought if it was public he would šŸ˜«I get notifications if people who donā€™t follow me message me but it comes up as ā€œmessage requestsā€ but mine is private. I wouldnā€™t message both accounts as I think thatā€™s too full on but I would maybe start following him?
Or maybe message him on fb?
Yeah I don't think I'm going to message his other IG account. I don't have a FB account I only use IG.

Reactions: 1
I would just follow him, everyone gets the notifications when someone follows you. If he follows you back thatā€™s a sign šŸ˜Šsounds so childish šŸ˜‚ do you have any mutual friends that could drop it into conversation? X

I would just follow him, everyone gets the notifications when someone follows you. If he follows you back thatā€™s a sign šŸ˜Šsounds so childish šŸ˜‚ do you have any mutual friends that could drop it into conversation? X
No I dont think we do.

Argghh šŸ˜©

How utterly annoying and demoralising is it when you match with a man, who you not only find attractive, but you seem to have a great instant rapport with. Lots of flirty, verbal sparring, which I absolutely love, but which very rarely happens and then... POOF!!!

Yes, this did just happen to me šŸ˜‚ Not the first time by all means, but it it really can get lonely at times and those fun little messages can be a great pickmeup... in the end, though, you just end up feeling worse.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Argghh šŸ˜©

How utterly annoying and demoralising is it when you match with a man, who you not only find attractive, but you seem to have a great instant rapport with. Lots of flirty, verbal sparring, which I absolutely love, but which very rarely happens and then... POOF!!!

Yes, this did just happen to me šŸ˜‚ Not the first time by all means, but it it really can get lonely at times and those fun little messages can be a great pickmeup... in the end, though, you just end up feeling worse.
Ugh. How long had you been talking for?

Ugh. How long had you been talking for?
Honestly, not long, but it's just this recurring feeling of having the rug pulled from under you time and time again.

I think men like this are just able to 'click' with lots of women. I don't mean they're players as such, but if they're funny and charming as well as cute, then they're always going to be in high demand.

I think when your life is generally a dating/flirtation free zone, it always feels more frustrating when the exciting matches morph into the Invisible Man šŸ™„

Reactions: 3
Honestly, not long, but it's just this recurring feeling of having the rug pulled from under you time and time again.

I think men like this are just able to 'click' with lots of women. I don't mean they're players as such, but if they're funny and charming as well as cute, then they're always going to be in high demand.

I think when your life is generally a dating/flirtation free zone, it always feels more frustrating when the exciting matches morph into the Invisible Man šŸ™„

Urgh. Ghosting is the worst. I hate it, especially when your having good chat.

Reactions: 5
Argghh šŸ˜©

Oh my god I could have wrote this myself. It must be really common. I've allowed myself to get really excited about a couple of guys and then they just vanish into thin air šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø. To start off with I found myself wondering what I did wrong, but now I've gained a bit of a thicker skin. Its still really frustrating though!!

Reactions: 4
Okay so when i met my friend on 1/1/20 we thought this was the year we got to know new people. Now we can barely have a conversation with the people we already know.
In other words, whatever social skills we had are now nowhere to be found...

• Sad
Reactions: 7
On bumble I have my distance set to around 20 miles radius. If I put the radius to the whole of the country, it says 50+ people have liked me. Long distance relationships are not unusual for me, but I doubt any of these men want to follow up anything. Theyā€™re just time wasters.

Oh my god I could have wrote this myself. It must be really common. I've allowed myself to get really excited about a couple of guys and then they just vanish into thin air šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø. To start off with I found myself wondering what I did wrong, but now I've gained a bit of a thicker skin. Its still really frustrating though!!
Oh, it's never anything you've done. Not at all. As I said in my following post, I think these men just tend to be either very popular so have loads of options, or they have very short attention spans.

But yes, incredibly frustrating. I kick myself about getting excited about a guy, but yet it's supposed to be fun and exciting šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø It's like you have to keep reminding yourself to not get too excited, to not find it too enjoyable, to not get too swept up, because you'll only feel like crap when the inevitable happens.

On bumble I have my distance set to around 20 miles radius. If I put the radius to the whole of the country, it says 50+ people have liked me. Long distance relationships are not unusual for me, but I doubt any of these men want to follow up anything. Theyā€™re just time wasters.
How do you find Bumble generally? Do many matches actually reply?

Reactions: 4
Oh, it's never anything you've done. Not at all. As I said in my following post, I think these men just tend to be either very popular so have loads of options, or they have very short attention spans.

But yes, incredibly frustrating. I kick myself about getting excited about a guy, but yet it's supposed to be fun and exciting šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø It's like you have to keep reminding yourself to not get too excited, to not find it too enjoyable, to not get too swept up, because you'll only feel like crap when the inevitable happens.

How do you find Bumble generally? Do many matches actually reply?
This is probably a bit cruel, but Iā€™ll only message a bumble match if he extends the match so I have extra time to send the first message šŸ¤­ then I feel he could be genuine.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It just makes more sense. If heā€™s keen to talk to you, heā€™ll give you the extra time to send a message.
However, I hate having to send the first message šŸ˜–
Haha I'd never have anyone to message if I did that šŸ¤£. I hate the first message thing too, but found bumble to have men who are a bit more serious about properly dating than guys on tinder, does anyone else find that?

Haha I'd never have anyone to message if I did that šŸ¤£. I hate the first message thing too, but found bumble to have men who are a bit more serious about properly dating than guys on tinder, does anyone else find that?
I have heard this. I know a lot of people who have got Serious relationships from bumble and my friend from work was due to get married in sept to someone sheā€™s been with for nearly two year thanks for bumble. I think tinder is more for hook ups nowadays.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.