Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have you heard from him since the protest? Hope he didn’t actually get arrested!
He messaged last night, he nearly got arrested. I’ve just messaged him to say good night but also I’ve asked more about why he went to the protest, just to hear from his side, but I do feel slightly uncomfortable if he does have leanings that way.

Reactions: 3
He messaged last night, he nearly got arrested. I’ve just messaged him to say good night but also I’ve asked more about why he went to the protest, just to hear from his side, but I do feel slightly uncomfortable if he does have leanings that way.
I know this may be an unpopular opinion, but If he was protesting, it was to save the children. Meaning he’s against pedophillia And is standing up for something amazing. The QAnon group is questionable, however I wouldn’t judge him on something like unless you have researched it yourself. If he’s against child trafficking then he sounds quite decent To me. I’m not a QAnon supporter by the way, but I support the child trafficking moment 100%. Good luck with it all 😊

Reactions: 1
I would run a mile if it were me. But it's up to you. You don't have to be into the same things but you do at least have to have the same outlook on the world.

Reactions: 5
Why are guys so full on these days? Started talking to a guy and two messages in he's asking to call me and asking if we can go on a date tonight. Feel like I need to just run in the opposite direction, shame because he was actually good looking too.

• Haha
Why are guys so full on these days? Started talking to a guy and two messages in he's asking to call me and asking if we can go on a date tonight. Feel like I need to just run in the opposite direction, shame because he was actually good looking too.
They really are!! I'm talking to one that messages ALL the time and I just cba chatting at 8am and then back and forth all day 🙈. I said this morning I was having a cozy day in because I'm off work and he said its a shame he can't come over and be cozy with me 😳, then when I didn't respond within 5 minutes he sent another text apologising for being too forward. I've only been talking to him 2 days, he hasn't seen me in the flesh, he knows very little about me..... Why say something like that so soon? ... Like you say it just makes me want to run away! 🏃‍♀️😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
They really are!! I'm talking to one that messages ALL the time and I just cba chatting at 8am and then back and forth all day 🙈. I said this morning I was having a cozy day in because I'm off work and he said its a shame he can't come over and be cozy with me 😳, then when I didn't respond within 5 minutes he sent another text apologising for being too forward. I've only been talking to him 2 days, he hasn't seen me in the flesh, he knows very little about me..... Why say something like that so soon? ... Like you say it just makes me want to run away! 🏃‍♀️😂
It's just strange isn't it? The conversation was literally how are you and then a comment about covid restrictions followed by want to call me, if it goes well I'll take you out later? No, no I don't 😂 I also don't want to go out later regardless of who it's with 😂 as for your situation I guarantee he'll get worse as time goes on. Lockdown saved me from a guy like that, we hadn't met but he was constantly 'got to make sure you're healthy bub' and other similar things 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I’ve also encountered a few pushy guys lately. One of them wanted to speak on the phone after literally a handful of messages - unmatched me after I said I didn’t want to! 😂

I think it’s either lockdown boredom/frustration, or they’re trying to quickly get over someone else?

Reactions: 2
:oops:in my failed experiences the forwardness is just so they can advance to the bedroom sooner rather than later, then ghosted!
I've had so many bad experiences I'm actually too afraid to try again. It's really painful getting ghosted. But I do get my hopes up and honestly think the very best of everyone (bad combination)

Thank you all so much for this thread and everyone who has been active and shared. It's been so helpful and comforting !
❤

Reactions: 6
:oops:in my failed experiences the forwardness is just so they can advance to the bedroom sooner rather than later, then ghosted!
I've had so many bad experiences I'm actually too afraid to try again. It's really painful getting ghosted. But I do get my hopes up and honestly think the very best of everyone (bad combination)

Thank you all so much for this thread and everyone who has been active and shared. It's been so helpful and comforting !
❤
I’ve been ghosted so much, it’s horrible and I’ve never done it to anyone purely because I know how awful it is. I have a little theory why guys are a bit... how should I say... misleading. This is obvs my own personal take on it but to me it seems like it goes like this. Guys these days don’t want to be tagged with the label of being a player/womaniser as they think women will be put off, they seem to no longer commonly have one night stands/go out and pull someone just before closing. They then turn to dating apps, you then match with one of these guys, dating starts, you enjoy each other’s company, invest time, then after sometime getting to know the guy you feel it’s ready for the sex side of dating, the that’s when I find things shift, soon after the guy suddenly doesn’t want to date you anymore, doesn’t want a relationship, says the usual you’re lovely etc etc but I don’t want anything serious. I really think guys do this way with dating apps so they don’t feel tit about themselves, like they’ve dated a woman so can’t have possible used her. When it fact it’s more painful, as the woman has wasted her time. If guys want just sex, go back to the old way and stop giving women false hope of something meaningful. Like I said just my theory.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Happy to help 😂 I'm very dry and sarcastic so some people take it the wrong way haha
I’m chatting to someone else now on an app who has killed the conversation by replying to me with nothing for me to respond back to 😑 Is it just me who thinks they need to be asked a question to then have something to reply back to every time?! 🙇🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 6
I’m chatting to someone else now on an app who has killed the conversation by replying to me with nothing for me to respond back to 😑 Is it just me who thinks they need to be asked a question to then have something to reply back to every time?! 🙇🏼‍♀️
Yes I give them two chances back to back and if they don't ask anything to continue the conversion on the second attempt I unmatch 😅

Yes I give them two chances back to back and if they don't ask anything to continue the conversion on the second attempt I unmatch 😅
This is the third time I’ve matched with him 🥴 The first, I think the convo fizzled out or maybe he didn’t reply and it expired. Then we matched again and I purposely didn’t messaged and let the match expire as payback for the first time we matched. This is the third time now 🤦🏼‍♀️ I live in a city. Why does this keep happening 😂

• Haha
I've been chatting to a guy I had a fling with years ago for the last couple of days and he's just told me he's sleeping with someone and expected to then carry on as if he hadn't said that (he's also made it pretty clear he wants me to sleep with him) so I've now decided crazy nun/cat lady might be the way to go 😂

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I've been chatting to a guy I had a fling with years ago for the last couple of days and he's just told me he's sleeping with someone and expected to then carry on as if he hadn't said that (he's also made it pretty clear he wants me to sleep with him) so I've now decided crazy nun/cat lady might be the way to go 😂
Did he get in touch out of the blue?

Gah, so, I have been on a few dates with a really lovely guy! I feel so out of practice, I was just chilling my way through the last 3 years single and not really looking. It's actually been ages since I've legitimately pursued someone.

That's not to say that I'm being a proper keen been - if anything, I'd say I've been more guarded than him so far. But I have made sure to let my guard down to the same extent. Such a weird balancing act, right? I like him, and because I don't have unlimited time/money/mental energy I am choosing not to date multiple people atm, but I wouldn't want to say that just yet because that holds additional pressure.

I don't know. In any case, I'm happy with how things are going, and we shall see!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Gah, so, I have been on a few dates with a really lovely guy! I feel so out of practice, I was just chilling my way through the last 3 years single and not really looking. It's actually been ages since I've legitimately pursued someone.

That's not to say that I'm being a proper keen been - if anything, I'd say I've been more guarded than him so far. But I have made sure to let my guard down to the same extent. Such a weird balancing act, right? I like him, and because I don't have unlimited time/money/mental energy I am choosing not to date multiple people atm, but I wouldn't want to say that just yet because that holds additional pressure.

I don't know. In any case, I'm happy with how things are going, and we shall see!
Hope it goes well! Keep us updated!! I'm in a similar position, haven't dated for ages so feel out of practice lol
I'm dreading having to go back through the early awkward stages again

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hope it goes well! Keep us updated!! I'm in a similar position, haven't dated for ages so feel out of practice lol
I'm dreading having to go back through the early awkward stages again
Thank you! Update of the day: while responding to his message on WhatsApp, I accidentally called him on it 😅 Smooth moves over here.

Good luck on your end, hope that you at least have a bit of excitement alongside the awkwardness!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.