Dating after lockdown #9 Facebook. The bin juice of the dating world

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel so stupid. FaceTime guy blocked me but I'm friends with some of his friends.
Lots of photos posted last night of a get together.
Lots of photos of him and his gf, arms wrapped around each other.
I feel so used, I feel like a stupid teenager.
Husband is following me around like a irritating toddler. Wants me to give him one more chance, I just don't have the energy.
Have a massive hangover and starting my new job tomorrow. I feel so upset 😢
It could be worse, you could actually be the girlfriend. Imagine how stupid she would feel if she knew what the boyfriend was really like.
The hangover has you feeling down and emotional, that's understandable. Drink lots of water, have a nap, then have a nice pamper session and do whatever prep is needed for tomorrow.
You will feel better in the morning and you will have a whole new journey starting with your job. .

Also remember, you didn't sleep with him. No one was used.

Also, on a side nice, I'm fed up just disappearing after a guy treats me like crap. I hate any kind of drama or confrontation so tend to say nothing .

The likes of Facetime guy, it would be great to have the balls to comment on those pics and say something like 'I'm glad you two worked things out 😀'

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Thank
It could be worse, you could actually be the girlfriend. Imagine how stupid she would feel if she knew what the boyfriend was really like.
The hangover has you feeling down and emotional, that's understandable. Drink lots of water, have a nap, then have a nice pamper session and do whatever prep is needed for tomorrow.
You will feel better in the morning and you will have a whole new journey starting with your job. .

Also remember, you didn't sleep with him. No one was used.

Also, on a side nice, I'm fed up just disappearing after a guy treats me like crap. I hate any kind of drama or confrontation so tend to say nothing .

The likes of Facetime guy, it would be great to have the balls to comment on those pics and say something like 'I'm glad you two worked things out 😀'
Thank you, yes wouldn't that be funny! So so glad I didn't sleep with him. Can stop fantasising about him now . Just feel stupid for letting my guard down and believing I was special to him. Knob

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I like to just disappear when men annoy me, there’s something satisfying about vanishing like you couldn’t care less but sometimes I will tell them straight.. I had to do it twice last week.

One was a returning ghoster.. He would be buzzing at 100mph excited to see me and then vanish, rinse and repeat. I let him beg to see me all day then I shamed him for being desperate and trawling through his contact list before telling him to duck off and stay dead 👻

Another was a lad who’s been lurking since New Year. He was decent to talk to but he would constantly send wanking videos. I think I just snapped that he can’t make me twinge and the only gagging I’m doing with him is on my own sick 🤣

I wouldn’t have met either of them anyway.. Just filled a void when I was bored.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
@Bettyboo2021 getting back to your man. His messages do seem polite but I would be more comfortable if you two actually agreed on a date because at the minute it's all pie in the sky. So just ask him when you two are meeting , the logistics can be decided after that

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve been following these threads for a while (whilst my relationship was breaking down). We were together ten years (I’m 29) and was so worried about getting back out there with OLD being such a big thing now! I love reading everyone’s stories (the good and bad). I have downloaded bumble and have been speaking to some nice people, also tried hinge but have gotten absolutely zero likes lol. It’s such a wild time but look I’m being optimistic and just seeing what happens :)

Reactions: 8
@Bettyboo2021 getting back to your man. His messages do seem polite but I would be more comfortable if you two actually agreed on a date because at the minute it's all pie in the sky. So just ask him when you two are meeting , the logistics can be decided after that
He never replied to friday’s message about the collie...don’t know what to do now? 🧐

He never replied to friday’s message about the collie...don’t know what to do now? 🧐
I'm fed up with this carry on. I know people shouldn't be expected to message us 24/7, but it doesn't take much effort to send a quick hello.
Delete his number and all record of it so you won't be tempted. And if he does message you again, you'll cross that bridge when you get to it.

We need to start taking back control!!!

Reactions: 5
I'm fed up with this carry on. I know people shouldn't be expected to message us 24/7, but it doesn't take much effort to send a quick hello.
Delete his number and all record of it so you won't be tempted. And if he does message you again, you'll cross that bridge when you get to it.

We need to start taking back control!!!
YES WE DO!

I've started the same thoughts with friends as I'm fed up of being the doormat and always the one reaching out and trying to make plans to just be told they're busy with no suggestions of when they're not. It's draining for me to be honest so I'm just going to message nobody and then see who wants to be around!

Reactions: 3
I’m also a silent disappearer. It’s difficult and takes a lot of self control, especially when you know you could really drag them for their actions and they appear to be coming out of the situation unscathed. In my experience they know exactly what they’re doing. Calling them out on it doesn’t make a blind bit of difference to the outcome, they simply don’t care. I can have my dramatic moments privately with close friends but as far as the man is concerned, all is well and I give no fucks 💁🏻‍♀️ There’s an old saying about not wrestling with a pig because you end up covered in tit and the pig enjoys it. It’s all about protecting your own peace 🙏🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m also a silent disappearer. It’s difficult and takes a lot of self control, especially when you know you could really drag them for their actions and they appear to be coming out of the situation unscathed. In my experience they know exactly what they’re doing. Calling them out on it doesn’t make a blind bit of difference to the outcome, they simply don’t care. I can have my dramatic moments privately with close friends but as far as the man is concerned, all is well and I give no fucks 💁🏻‍♀️ There’s an old saying about not wrestling with a pig because you end up covered in tit and the pig enjoys it. It’s all about protecting your own peace 🙏🏼
There is nothing worse than pouring your heart out in a text or whatever and for them not even to care or respond, I've learned not to bother now

• Heart
Reactions: 10
There is nothing worse than pouring your heart out in a text or whatever and for them not even to care or respond, I've learned not to bother now
Also what happened with my apparent best friend. I sent her a message yesterday being very open about how I feel and how chasing makes me feel and would be nice to have plans made with me once in a while. Nothing. The other friend was just like well I am busy and don't wanna go out all the time/have a kid....I said that's fine but you could ask me round one evening? Just fed the F up now so probably have 0 friends left lol

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Yes, but I also don't block because I don't want them to think that i was that affected by it all that I had to actually block them!

But because I silently disappear and never block ...90% of them return at a later date chancing their arm again. They feel I don't cause them any hassle or drama.

It's a weird one

Reactions: 10
Sorry, I completely missed @HelloStereo post last night. Just caught up.
Very strange, I would be the same and I'd be more worried than angry.
I hope you get to the bottom of it and he's OK

Anything from your guy @HelloStereo?
No. My friend tried to call him too and it just goes to voicemail :(.

Sorry, I completely missed @HelloStereo post last night. Just caught up.
Very strange, I would be the same and I'd be more worried than angry.
I hope you get to the bottom of it and he's OK
Thank you both for checking in btw. Still no news. I'm not blocked but he's just gone completely uncontactable. Maybe something has happened and he's completely cut himself off from the world. Or just upped and left for a few days. It was just so abrupt and strange.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Am I being silly...or is it possible he may have lost or broken his phone ?
This happens me alot (I go through a couple of phones a year), I'm a phone addict so they are replaced straight away. But men are different.

It could be a simple explanation

Reactions: 3
Am I being silly...or is it possible he may have lost or broken his phone ?
This happens me alot (I go through a couple of phones a year), I'm a phone addict so they are replaced straight away. But men are different.

It could be a simple explanation
I thought that too but the last I heard from him was Wednesday and surely you'd get it fixed by now? He also has two phones and is uncontactable on both. Also up until last night they would ring but no one answered which makes it seem like they aren't broken? And if they were lost surely Whatsapp would still deliver?

I get the feeling he's turned his wifi off so he isn't getting whatsapp messages and was avoiding taking calls. But for what end I don't know. It seems extreme to turn off whatsapp altogether if it was to avoid talking to me! Surely he would have just blocked me instead...

Although now his phone is off so maybe he did lose it and it has just run out of battery.

I thought that too but the last I heard from him was Wednesday and surely you'd get it fixed by now? He also has two phones and is uncontactable on both. Also up until last night they would ring but no one answered which makes it seem like they aren't broken? And if they were lost surely Whatsapp would still deliver?

I get the feeling he's turned his wifi off so he isn't getting whatsapp messages and was avoiding taking calls. But for what end I don't know. It seems extreme to turn off whatsapp altogether if it was to avoid talking to me! Surely he would have just blocked me instead...

Although now his phone is off so maybe he did lose it and it has just run out of battery.
Oh this is nothing to do with you at all! Something bigger is going on.
Have you tried googling his name ?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Oh this is nothing to do with you at all! Something bigger is going on.
Have you tried googling his name ?
Exactly and thank you. You know if you meet someone and they're not feeling it. You just have that gut feeling. I didn't with him and that's why I'm so worried. If he wasn't into me I'm sure he'd just block my number, not avoid going online and taking calls entirely.

Hi name just comes up with his address on 192 people haha.

I'm trying to think of reasonable explanations.
Worst case scenario, he had some kind of accident. Let's hope that is not the issue.
Did you get the impression he may have any mental health concerns? Maybe he has just switched off completely!
Another scenario, I have a full package with my WiFi and phone data, so the one monthly payment covers both. Maybe he hasn't been able to pay and he has been cut off?

I'm trying to think of reasonable explanations.
Worst case scenario, he had some kind of accident. Let's hope that is not the issue.
Did you get the impression he may have any mental health concerns? Maybe he has just switched off completely!
Another scenario, I have a full package with my WiFi and phone data, so the one monthly payment covers both. Maybe he hasn't been able to pay and he has been cut off?
What age is he? Have you been to his house?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.