Dating after lockdown #7 Keep your breadcrumbs, we are not pigeons!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry for sounding like some teen whose never been on a date before 🤣 or had any physical action before. I'm not usually into physical stuff but I deffo feel differently here but kinda wanna wait a bit. Will go with the flow
Ahhh don’t worry. We all do it!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So... Got a message on insta from an old aquaintance replying to a story, asking how things were going, boring pandemic chat, usual stuff. Normal chat until he comes out with "don't judge me but I'm feeling really horny right now lol"

duck sake. Here we go :cautious:

I really couldn't be fucked with it and tbh was taken aback as I don't really know the guy, so replied with "lol, good luck with that, I'm away to bed" and put my phone down. The next morning I woke up to not one, but two videos of him wanking 🙃

I should have blocked there and then but stupid me replied with "dude, I think you've got the wrong idea here" and he replied to say he was really sorry and felt embarrassed. I was getting my blocking finger ready and he followed up with "but if you're into it then I could come over lol" - ARE YOU KIDDING.

I'm grossed out by it all. Men are seriously vile creatures. He's blocked now but bleeping hell, that's the last time entertain someone like that. Currently going through my followers and deleting people I haven't seen for years because duck that.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
A bit bummed today :(.

Was meant to be going on a date this eve. He text me on Monday saying he was excited for it and that he'd been telling all his mates what we were doing for our date together and they got bored of him because he kept going on about it.

Then on Tuesday his shifts changed which meant he couldn't meet me as he's working late today (he sent me a screenshot of his shifts so all checked out). He said he would try to swap them but then let me know that no one wanted to.

Yesterday he text to say we would need to sort another date for it and he said he still wanted to do the activity with me. I text back yesterday evening saying the days the place was open and to let me know if any suit and he hasn't even read it let alone replied. Now my overthinking brain is switched on and I'm wondering whether he swapped his shifts deliberately so he couldn't make it. It seems weird to leave someone on unread for the whole day, and I've seen him online loads. Would just be nice for him to say he's changed his mind on meeting me.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
A bit bummed today :(.

Was meant to be going on a date this eve. He text me on Monday saying he was excited for it and that he'd been telling all his mates what we were doing for our date together and they got bored of him because he kept going on about it.

Then on Tuesday his shifts changed which meant he couldn't meet me as he's working late today (he sent me a screenshot of his shifts so all checked out). He said he would try to swap them but then let me know that no one wanted to.

Yesterday he text to say we would need to sort another date for it and he said he still wanted to do the activity with me. I text back yesterday evening saying the days the place was open and to let me know if any suit and he hasn't even read it let alone replied. Now my overthinking brain is switched on and I'm wondering whether he swapped his shifts deliberately so he couldn't make it. It seems weird to leave someone on unread for the whole day, and I've seen him online loads. Would just be nice for him to say he's changed his mind on meeting me.
I mean this in the nicest possible way but on the basis of what you’ve written you are totally overthinking this and catastrophising. He told you in advance he couldn’t make the date, he showed you proof that his reason was legit, he said he wants to rearrange and he shared he’s told his friends about you. Why would he need to swap his shifts not to go? He could just say he can no longer make it or worse still, ghost you.

I imagine he hasn’t wanted to open the message because there is a pressure to respond once he does and he might want to focus on a reply. Would you rather he left you on read?

WhatsApp is really a blessing and a curse. The read receipts and online feature can just turn the sanest woman into an unhinged lunatic!

I think you need to take a leap of faith that he is genuine and just busy. You’ve shown willing with texting the days the place is open. Put your phone down and wait for him to arrange the next date. Maybe treat yourself to a glass of wine or a face mask tonight instead.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I mean this in the nicest possible way but on the basis of what you’ve written you are totally overthinking this and catastrophising. He told you in advance he couldn’t make the date, he showed you proof that his reason was legit, he said he wants to rearrange and he shared he’s told his friends about you. Why would he need to swap his shifts not to go? He could just say he can no longer make it or worse still, ghost you.

I imagine he hasn’t wanted to open the message because there is a pressure to respond once he does and he might want to focus on a reply. Would you rather he left you on read?

WhatsApp is really a blessing and a curse. The read receipts and online feature can just turn the sanest woman into an unhinged lunatic!

I think you need to take a leap of faith that he is genuine and just busy. You’ve shown willing with texting the days the place is open. Put your phone down and wait for him to arrange the next date. Maybe treat yourself to a glass of wine or a face mask tonight instead.
Thank you :). I know I'm overthinking it but it's good to have someone else's perspective on it. I just get really anxious as I've met him before and I am keen. I do tend to get myself in a tizz about it but I've not let it influence how I communicate with him.

He usually leaves me on read and then gets back to me a while later so that's why I was a bit bummed when he didn't even open the messages. Especially as it was sent at 7 or so yesterday evening. But maybe he just needs to sort out some things to let me know when he's next free.

I just always get cynical because in the past that's how things have gone. I didn't want to be optimistic only to be let down again.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I just always get cynical because in the past that's how things have gone. I didn't want to be optimistic only to be let down again.
Totally get that and it’s a fine line to tread. He could turn out to be a total 💩 but so far he sounds interested and not raising any red flags. Hopefully you’ve got a good one 🤞🏻

Reactions: 3
@HelloStereo
I don’t think you’re overthinking it. I tend to be a bit suspicious when men are over the top with unnecessary information, saying they’ve told their friends and sending screenshots just all seems a bit.. off. I know it can be totally normal for these things to crop up but it’s just a bit blahhh that he’s suddenly gone quiet. I’ve seen it happen too many times where men have built a girl up and then ghosted.

I hope he’s just busy and gets in touch tonight.

Reactions: 16
@HelloStereo
I don’t think you’re overthinking it. I tend to be a bit suspicious when men are over the top with unnecessary information, saying they’ve told their friends and sending screenshots just all seems a bit.. off. I know it can be totally normal for these things to crop up but it’s just a bit blahhh that he’s suddenly gone quiet. I’ve seen it happen too many times where men have built a girl up and then ghosted.

I hope he’s just busy and gets in touch tonight.
Yeah it's more that he's gone quiet and not even read a message in almost 24 hours. His message yesterday was "we will need to sort a new date" and I was wondering whether that was him confirming he couldn't make it or signalling he still wants to do it another time? I can see from the screenshot that he's off for the best part of a fortnight from this Monday coming 😅.

Just to cancel a date and then not acknowledge some messages in almost 24 hours has made me put my guard up a bit.

Totally get that and it’s a fine line to tread. He could turn out to be a total 💩 but so far he sounds interested and not raising any red flags. Hopefully you’ve got a good one 🤞🏻
Thank you. I'm just really not sure at the moment. I'm usually quite good at knowing if a guy is into me or not and if he's not I just delete and move on. But with him it really could go either way.

Reactions: 1
Yeah it's more that he's gone quiet and not even read a message in almost 24 hours. His message yesterday was "we will need to sort a new date" and I was wondering whether that was him confirming he couldn't make it or signalling he still wants to do it another time? I can see from the screenshot that he's off for the best part of a fortnight from this Monday coming 😅.

Just to cancel a date and then not acknowledge some messages in almost 24 hours has made me put my guard up a bit.

Thank you. I'm just really not sure at the moment. I'm usually quite good at knowing if a guy is into me or not and if he's not I just delete and move on. But with him it really could go either way.
It’s the fact he’s been online that bothers me but he could be having a busy day at work to tie up loose ends before he’s off.

Reactions: 2
It’s the fact he’s been online that bothers me but he could be having a busy day at work to tie up loose ends before he’s off.
He's online basically every ten minutes. I think he has work colleagues added on his WhatsApp so maybe he's talking to them but if my colleagues contacted me that much about work on my personal phone I'd quit 🤣.

He's online basically every ten minutes. I think he has work colleagues added on his WhatsApp so maybe he's talking to them but if my colleagues contacted me that much about work on my personal phone I'd quit 🤣.
Ahh. What a twit!

Just matched with this guy, his terribly photoshopped pics are KILLING me he's literally pasted his face on and think it looks convincing 😂

IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

Look at that copy and pasted head!!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
There could be this possibility although he's always been like this.
Quoting as I can't edit this.

Probably not a bad thing if he doesn't reply. He was telling me a couple of weeks ago about how he split up with his ex and she was still moving things out of the house they shared together. So probably going through quite a recent break up (I'm guessing it doesn't take months to move your stuff out?).

Reactions: 2
I spoke to terrible photoshop guy...sad because he sent two messages after this but I couldn't read them because he unmatched me 😂 I clearly touched a nerve!!

IMG_1520.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.