Dating after lockdown #5 The MANdemic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My post was more an expression of my surprise - rather than an actual question. I Googled it before posting.

But why is allosexual in a category of its own? I mean in all orientations cases, there's an attraction for other people, unless you're asexual.
I just posted it for the thread 🤓
I’ve never used Hinge but it sounds like they are going over the top to be inclusive.

Reactions: 2
I had a swipe on my friends Tinder last night and it’s the same faces every time. Men I used to see on there almost two years ago, it can’t be working or they stay on there for long periods of time for hook ups.

I had a swipe on my friends Tinder last night and it’s the same faces every time. Men I used to see on there almost two years ago, it can’t be working or they stay on there for long periods of time for hook ups.
I think a lot of men see themselves as more of a catch than they are

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Congrats on the thread title win @nobrains

Just a side note, this is a thread to talk about our dating experiences, we aren't a man hating thread (there's a separate thread for that) but yes, there is a lot of bitching about men on this thread 😂

Previous thread here:

I’m also de lurking myself to say how horrified I am by this - I’m so sorry this has happened. Please report this to the police

I tried Tinder same time last year and so far I've seen loads of the same old faces too!! I think surely they must see that their strategy of passive aggression mixed with one sentence replies and ghosting isn't working on anyone 😅😅

Reactions: 7
I tried Tinder same time last year and so far I've seen loads of the same old faces too!! I think surely they must see that their strategy of passive aggression mixed with one sentence replies and ghosting isn't working on anyone 😅😅
They are dumb and just swipe onto the next in an endless cycle 😅

Reactions: 3
To be fair I've been on the apps for a long time but it's because everyone's so awful and the men cockblock themselves rather than anything I tend to do 🤷‍♀️

I'm getting deja vu with conversations like this, constantly.

IMG_1124.jpg

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Thank you for the thoughts and messages everyone ❤ Im staying with my friend for the weekend (my child is at their dad's this weekend)
I've spoken to the police too.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I feel as though there needs to be a National campaign for men to teach them acceptable behaviour on dating apps!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@whathastheworldcometo
@LaurieLaurie
@Facehugger

I'm on the coil so I'm grateful for that, that there's no chance of pregnancy.

I have called the police and they're sending someone to come over.

I've told my best friend what happened.

Thank you everyone 💓
@Thank(space)you I caught up with the thread and am horrified that this happened to you! Well done for reporting him and I hope you’re getting the help and support you need ❤

Every time I put myself out there in the dating world I come across stories and accounts like yours and I’m just mortified at the actions of men. I know there are good men out there (my guy mates are gentlemen and the kindest souls) but it just feels like they are few and far between.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think a lot of men see themselves as more of a catch than they are
yep! Same! Honestly they seem to be searching for some sort of perfection!!! Literally, I look after myself, go to the gym, I like to think I’m an averagely ok looking person with a bubbly personality but duck no!! Apparently none of that is ever enough 🤣🤣🤣🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
My guy popped up again.

I am still on the app where we met and it shows the location. I could see that he was driving back home yesterday, which was strange, as he only left on Wednesday and it takes around eight to nine hours to drive.

So I sent him a quick note, only asking if he was ok. (I know 🙈)
He responded quickly, saying not really. His child's operation had been postponed to next week, but he still drove there for three days and will drive there again next week. Today has to pick up his car from the garage, presumably that's why he came back.

I just said that I had assumed we wouldn't be on talking terms anymore as I hadn't heard from him and he apologised and said it was a crazy week and will be the same next week.

I wasn't impressed and haven't responded.

I remember when we first matched he didn't contact me for two weeks after we started chatting and then got in touch again, saying he had a hard time. This was when his mother's funeral was I believe.

It seems that he is not good at multitasking and cannot focus on different people at the same time.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
My guy popped up again.

I am still on the app where we met and it shows the location. I could see that he was driving back home yesterday, which was strange, as he only left on Wednesday and it takes around eight to nine hours to drive.

So I sent him a quick note, only asking if he was ok. (I know 🙈)
He responded quickly, saying not really. His child's operation had been postponed to next week, but he still drove there for three days and will drive there again next week. Today has to pick up his car from the garage, presumably that's why he came back.

I just said that I had assumed we wouldn't be on talking terms anymore as I hadn't heard from him and he apologised and said it was a crazy week and will be the same next week.

I wasn't impressed and haven't responded.

I remember when we first matched he didn't contact me for two weeks after we started chatting and then got in touch again, saying he had a hard time. This was when his mother's funeral was I believe.

It seems that he is not good at multitasking and cannot focus on different people at the same time.
Leave him to it.

I’ve matched with someone and have just noticed he’s wearing rosary beads… but not in a religious way. In a fashion way. Circa 2000’s 😔

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.