Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bellaboo83

VIP Member
Oh my gosh, it must have just been a bad picture because I went and he was gorgeous and lovely and we kissed!!!!!!!! 🥰🥰🥰🥰 He has asked to see me again at the weekend!!

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
Jeez! He's not stopped all afternoon🤦‍♀️

Update!

IMG_20210709_183555.jpg

Morgan Freeman voiceover - "He WAS online the whole time." 🤣

I nicely replied that he had to understand that from my perspective, as a woman in her 40's who has been dating a while, how often I've heard the same excuses. The elderly relatives, the emergencies with the kids, etc, all cropping just before a date is about to happen. And of course, how you can't argue because then you're the arsehole for doubting such a worthy excuse.

I followed up with

IMG_20210709_184404.jpg

To be continued... 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 28

square_spoon

VIP Member
C75855F4-DA58-4870-B58F-B4C9228F3D8E.jpeg

I woke up to this string of messages, all after I told him to sling his hook when his first substantive question beyond how was I tonight was ‘will you send me a photo of your ass’. Lovely eloquent profile about how he’s looking to meet a nice girl and settle down. I despair.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 27

SummerLeaves2004

Right ladies. Long time lurker who is married to a wonderful guy who is incredibly successful, kind, loving, caring, generous, funny, sensitive and as far as I can see a pretty good catch.

We met on an app. Unlike the others it was simple - neither or us played games.

The crux of it is - if he doesn't make an effort to text or contact you he isn't interested. It really is as simple as that. Stop making excuses, stop second guessing. If he wanted to see you- he would. If you sense a lack of interest retreat for your own sanity - that is more important.

I am boastful or self serving in any way (even less on an anonymous forum!) ...
My husband is a senior orthopaedic surgeon, I am a dentist with my own practice - both busy jobs; in the early days we always dropped a text. We now have a tiny little one so I dropped a few hours.

We have been together for just over 6 years and TRUST me. I have been through it prior to meeting my husband.

My message here is don't take or settle for less than you want.

Never fucking EVER double text - no matter how witty or quirky your message might appear (in your head) it never achieves the desired affect. You will only drive yourself crazy.

If the time and place isn't confirmed it isn't a date.

stop agonising over guys who wouldn't give a shit if you were going through a difficult time. They sre waisting your precious energy.

Don't invite this drama and anxiety into your life... as for the 45+ year old trying to be players... straight in the bin with them.

I genuinely wish you all well. Xxx

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

Mr Sparkle

Last night's roast dinner date went so well! We were talking for 7 hours, conversation flowed so easily... He missed the last train home and stayed over, but I ordered him into the spare room after a few smooches. Lol. He got up for the first train super early, and left me a cute little note.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

anonesk223

Went to a bar last night and a guy kept looking over at me.. he eventually came over and said I looked nice, we had a bit of a chat and he asked for my number afterwards! He’s a bit older than me and it’s probably not gonna go anywhere but god it did wonders for my self esteem 😂👏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
Thank you for the thoughts and messages everyone ❤ Im staying with my friend for the weekend (my child is at their dad's this weekend)
I've spoken to the police too.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
So, I went out with my friend and her boyfriend last night. I won't lie, I was hoping to meet someone for a bit of a flirt as I could do with an ego boost. Anyway - long story short her boyfriend told me the reason why he thinks I'm single is because I'm such a slag and I'm too easy. So that was lovely to hear 🙃 God forbid a woman enjoys sex.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21

Clickbait

VIP Member
After this happened on Thursday... He literally popped up, asked me on a second date, and has left me on 'read' since then, three days later

Maybe this is a "delete as a contact" situ cause I'm REALLY in the mood to lol.
Honestly, I never ever regretted deleting a man’s number. I regretted the times I didn’t and when drunk decided to double text or allow them the time of day. He is giving you nothing but annoyance - time to take out the trash. If he comes crawling back then leave him on read and then bin him again.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

ThreeSteaksPam

Chatty Member
It’s crazy how many elderly relatives become critically ill or drop dead around the time of a date isn’t it? 🤯😏 Next time I’ve got one lined up I’ll be sure to warn my Nan not to leave the house for the preceding 48 hours.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Clementine

VIP Member
Does internet dating ever just make you feel like nah, I’m good on my own to be honest? 😂

Sex toys are more than a substitute tbh.

Reactions: 19

whatktdid

Will be joining you ladies back on this thread, as my now-ex bf ended things out of the blue 2 days ago. Won't be anywhere near dating for a while as I'm pretty much a mess at the moment, though.

Thank god I already had this week booked as a trip away with my two best mates - met them at the train station 12 hours after the breakup and just ugly cried on them for ages. After the previous half day of also crying continuously 🤦‍♀️

Hoping to sleep better tonight & wishing you all the best xx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18