Dating after lockdown #5 The MANdemic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congrats on the thread title win @nobrains

Just a side note, this is a thread to talk about our dating experiences, we aren't a man hating thread (there's a separate thread for that) but yes, there is a lot of bitching about men on this thread 😂

Previous thread here:

Reactions: 6
@Thank(space)you:
do you mean he didn't even use contraception?

you must go to the police now. tonight. or at least call them if you cannot go out (because of your child).
they can do the tests for you (for free) and if there would be anything (hopefully not) you would have a personal injury claim.

this is just unbelievable. you are probably not the first and only person he did this to.

I am completely shocked. this axxhxxx

• Sad
Reactions: 7
@Thank(space)you bless you ❤ I normally read this thread as it has me laughing, I hope you don't mind me coming out of lurking but just want to give you a hug 🤗 as others have said, you MUST report this. That person has invaded you and your trust, you have to try and stop this happening to anybody else. Your well-being and health matters, as does that of others. This is not your fault xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I had a guy completely break my heart about 3 years ago, we went out for about a year which doesn’t sound that long but he was constantly telling me I was all he’d ever wanted, he introduced me to his kids and to his family it was all great. Then he started the slow fade, not answering my calls, leaving texts on read until eventually he just ghosted me completely. It took me quite a while to get over it. Fast forward to now and he’s just sent me a friend request on Facebook, I have no intention of accepting it as I’m not opening myself up to that again but my question is why do they seem to reappear at exactly the wrong time?

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I keep accidentally mentioning my workplace (it's v. famous) in conversations and now I'm like oh great this man knows where I work

They'd have a job to actually locate me there but still...

Reactions: 3
@Thank(space)you I'm de-lurking to echo the other posters - please escalate this abuse. The man is a predator and you won't be the first or the last. My heart breaks for you.

Reactions: 7
@Thank(space)you please report him to the police! It’s concerning how he found your address and what he did is rape. Have you got anyone you can trust to speak to in person about this? It is not your fault and you’ve got a lot of support from everyone on this thread ❤

Reactions: 10
@whathastheworldcometo
@LaurieLaurie
@Facehugger

I'm on the coil so I'm grateful for that, that there's no chance of pregnancy.

I have called the police and they're sending someone to come over.

I've told my best friend what happened.

Thank you everyone 💓
Bless you ❤ that's one good thing, but who knows what he's carrying. You know nothing of his sexual history or health, my word, I'm still shocked this happened to you 😔 do you have someone who can be with you when the Police come? I'm so glad you've reported this. X

I had a guy completely break my heart about 3 years ago, we went out for about a year which doesn’t sound that long but he was constantly telling me I was all he’d ever wanted, he introduced me to his kids and to his family it was all great. Then he started the slow fade, not answering my calls, leaving texts on read until eventually he just ghosted me completely. It took me quite a while to get over it. Fast forward to now and he’s just sent me a friend request on Facebook, I have no intention of accepting it as I’m not opening myself up to that again but my question is why do they seem to reappear at exactly the wrong time?
Decline it.
I never let anyone come back no matter how much I might have wanted them at one point, they chose to leave so that’s their decision and they can’t come back from it.

People need to learn they can’t have a revolving door in and out of other peoples lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I learned a new term today - what on earth is Allosexual?

Hinge is proposing this as a option for orientation.

I'm getting lost with all these terms. I can't keep up. Allosexual, Asexual, Demisexual, Pansexual. What's next?

Reactions: 5
I learned a new term today - what on earth is Allosexual?

Hinge is proposing this as a option for orientation.

I'm getting lost with all these terms. I can't keep up. Allosexual, Asexual, Demisexual, Pansexual. What's next?
Google - Anyone who feels sexual attraction for other people is considered allosexual.

Google - Anyone who feels sexual attraction for other people is considered allosexual.
Isn't that just plain old 'sexual' though? Did it really need another word defined? I don't know what demisexual is (neither does my predictive text) so I'm off to Google...!

ETA: Demisexual is basically only finding someone attractive if you have an emotional bond with them. Which is.... a lot of women really.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My post was more an expression of my surprise - rather than an actual question. I Googled it before posting.

But why is allosexual in a category of its own? I mean in all orientations cases, there's an attraction for other people, unless you're asexual.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.