Dating after lockdown #32 IM GOOD BEING PURE DRY (on a big jeep yatch)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@freezelouise43 I'm sorry but this man is not you're "friend " he is a user.

Unless you take the necessary steps to stop the cycle he will keep reappearing. Take control

• Heart
Reactions: 23
General tips on how to be more assertive with people (not just him) gratefully received 😘xx
i mean, this is a dating advice thread so it’s normal that people are going to focus on him in particular, especially based on what you’ve said before.

in terms of being assertive, your own feelings about yourself are obviously coming into play here. now and before, any mention of telling him how you felt was met with “i can’t, i’m too passive, i’m too much of a people pleaser”. genuinely, stop that. if every time you’re faced with a situation where you want to stand up for yourself you’re saying no i can’t i’m too nice then it’s never going to change.

there isn’t an article on how to stop engaging with a man who treats you horribly but if there was i would link that too.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@freezelouise43 I wouldn’t call myself an “assertive person” but I can be assertive when I want to be and I think it’s important everyone tries to develop that skill. I’ve not always had it, unfortunately it’s been a direct result of being taken advantage of. It’s hard when feelings are involved and when you’re the type of person to over think and start convincing yourself you’re a bad person because you didn’t do x,y,z.

Ultimately though it comes down to wanting better for yourself. You should want better people in your life. You should want someone that doesn’t pick you up and drop you when they feel like it. You shouldn’t want a user. When you start to tell yourself that over again, you then get that strength to be “assertive” .

As the others have said, I would block this man from being able to contact you. Leave him blocked and have nothing else to do with him. You’re currently allowing him access to you that he shouldn’t have the privilege to

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Hey everyone. I’ve just caught up with the end of the last thread, and this one. I’m so sorry to read about what some of the lovely ladies here have recently experienced. I’ve nothing really to add to the great advice, just wanted to say how awful it is to see what some men continue to put genuinely lovely women through. Hope everyone is ok.

Thank you 😘I know 🙈To be honest it had given me the ick anyway so I’m not so bothered by him, it’s more that lately I think I feel really taken advantage of by more than one of my friends for being too passive and kind…problem is when you’ve spent your life being this way how do you assert yourself without sound agressive?! 😂😂😂so many people in my life right now, I want to tell to take their pity party and go inflict it on someone else…but it’s like the words stick in my throat as I also can’t do confrontation 🙈😘
@LaBlonde again puts it so well. I can relate a lot to what you’re saying. I avoid confrontation as best I can and worry about what they’ll think about me if I do confront someone over how they’re treating me. I don’t normally have an issue with blocking people, but I did have an issue with doing it to someone I had an on-off thing with. I really overthought it before I did it - I think it was triggering my fears (grew up around someone who’s first response to everything was anger, triggering me to become a people pleaser and pacifier) and I overthought his reaction to me blocking him - and I knew I was being stupid. There is nothing to think about when there is a plethora of evidence of bad behaviour smacking you in the face. They really do just keep coming back to disturb your peace until you do this. It’s not childish. It’s not confrontational. It’s not mean. It’s called self-preservation. It’s called standing up for yourself. You don’t owe him anything after all of his bad behaviour. Please, please block him now. Also, stop calling him a friend. This is not how friends behave. He’s not even an acquaintance - he’s a totally f*%#ed up user. It’s not your job to counsel him through tit going on in his life.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m not trying to psychoanalyse you @EddyDarling but I think part of you can’t believe that he ‘chose’ you. He has and it’s for good reason (and not for what you think it is) x
i would go even further than that to say it’s obviously some kind of defence mechanism to turn the whole thing into a joke.

as i said before eddy, from the moment you connected with this guy your every post about him has been about his penis, the railing he is going to give you, the very exact number of pictures of your tits you’ve sent him, the nudes he is sending you…what is he actually like as a person beyond this? you don’t even call your dates “dates”. is this some kind of self preservation tactic so that, if he ghosts, you can say well it was only ever a casual thing? i don’t even know if you like him as a person to say that you’ve been dickmitised.

if a man came here and posted about a woman in that way i would raise an eyebrow but with you i think you’re just constantly holding a match to the whole thing so you can blow it up if you start getting antsy. because for every ten posts about his dick there’s one where you imply that you like him a lot, which you then immediately downplay if anyone asks you further (though you fully engage with the dick stuff). as said above, this guy is going to end up being really confused, as we all are.

stop self sabotaging yourself and try to give us some insight into what this man, and your actual DATES, are like so we can actually give advice.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
No assertion needed. Block, delete and move on.
This is the motto.

It's hard to let go if this is the first time you've done it. I've kept lines of communication open with men for so long because I wanted the validation when they'd pop up. I'd think "aha, I knew it! You were always going to come back!" but it was because they were bored and wanted sex. It wasn't because I was some elusive and irresistible force of nature that always pulled men back in. Tough pill to swallow, but it is that simple.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
This is the motto.

It's hard to let go if this is the first time you've done it. I've kept lines of communication open with men for so long because I wanted the validation when they'd pop up. I'd think "aha, I knew it! You were always going to come back!" but it was because they were bored and wanted sex. It wasn't because I was some elusive and irresistible force of nature that always pulled men back in. Tough pill to swallow, but it is that simple.
this is exactly it 👏🏻👏🏻

• Heart
This is the motto.

hits home so hard for me. i was in a year long situationshit because of this. (tl;dr he told me he was single, i caught feelings, we would hook up, he was hot and cold with me for a whole year but i kept the door open because of said feelings and i was dickmatised. turns out he had a gf the entire time) trauma😌

• Sad
  • Heart
I love this thread, it’s so empowering. I’ve commented a few times previously. My 20’s were spent getting pushed over by men and pandering to them. Ive had some really crap relationships. I turned 30 a couple of months ago and my whole attitude has changed (but maybe it’s cause I read this most days 🤣 and love lalalaletmeexplain)

Went on two dates with a guy, he got quieter after the second and left me on read (we had solid communication for 3 weeks) and I called him out on it 5 days later. He basically said he doesn’t know how I feels about me… I sent him a message back and told him my time is too valuable to be a don’t know. I feel a bit mean this morning, but it’s the truth. He also give me the ick slightly as he wore the same top on both dates, I know that’s ridiculous but still 😂.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I love this thread, it’s so empowering. I’ve commented a few times previously. My 20’s were spent getting pushed over by men and pandering to them. Ive had some really crap relationships. I turned 30 a couple of months ago and my whole attitude has changed (but maybe it’s cause I read this most days 🤣 and love lalalaletmeexplain)

Went on two dates with a guy, he got quieter after the second and left me on read (we had solid communication for 3 weeks) and I called him out on it 5 days later. He basically said he doesn’t know how I feels about me… I sent him a message back and told him my time is too valuable to be a don’t know. I feel a bit mean this morning, but it’s the truth. He also give me the ick slightly as he wore the same top on both dates, I know that’s ridiculous but still 😂.
i need to do this. good for you :) also yes very icky that he wore the same top twice!

can't remember if i mentioned, but in the talk with my guy i said 'i feel like you already know you don't see a relationship - just tell me' and his reply was literally 'i don't know is the answer - i like you but it's too early'.. so i do resonate with this

Reactions: 5
i would go even further than that to say it’s obviously some kind of defence mechanism to turn the whole thing into a joke.

as i said before eddy, from the moment you connected with this guy your every post about him has been about his penis, the railing he is going to give you, the very exact number of pictures of your tits you’ve sent him, the nudes he is wrong you…what is he actually like as a person beyond this? you don’t even call your dates “dates”. is this some kind of self preservation tactic so that, if he ghosts, you can say well it was only ever a casual thing? i don’t even know if you like him as a person to say that you’ve been dickmitised.

if a man came here and posted about a woman in that way i would raise an eyebrow but with you i think you’re just constantly holding a match to the whole thing so you can blow it up if you start getting antsy. because for every ten posts about his dick there’s one where you imply that you like him a lot, which you then immediately downplay if anyone asks you further (though you fully engage with the dick stuff). as said above, this guy is going to end up being really confused, as we all are.

stop self sabotaging yourself and try to give us some insight into what this man, and your actual DATES, are like so we can actually give advice.
I want to give @EddyDarling a virtual hug. As much as you make me laugh with your straight shooting and attitude, I also sense a lot of buried hurt, masked by playing it cool and just going after sex with this guy. Because you’ve been let down and your expectations have landed on the floor. We can all totally empathise with how the dating game can do that. But you, like all of us here, want to be loved. We want to be seen for who we are and to simply be accepted by the “right” man. If you want more with anyone, you have to stop selling yourself short and assume that you’re only going to get casual out of men. It starts with us. It starts with us searching into our souls for what we want and always putting those needs to the forefront of our minds, no matter what these dickheads put us through. If you want a relationship with someone, hold out for it. Don’t let the bastards grind you down. You are worthy. Never, ever think you’re not enough or can’t have what you truly want.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
i need to do this. good for you :) also yes very icky that he wore the same top twice!
It is the first time I’ve ever stood up for myself and it feels so good! Even told my mum and she’s like good for you. It’s really not in my nature and I always want to look after people, but I also need to look after myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I want to give @EddyDarling a virtual hug. As much as you make me laugh with your straight shooting and attitude, I also sense a lot of buried hurt, masked by playing it cool and just going after sex with this guy. Because you’ve been let down and your expectations have landed on the floor. We can all totally empathise with how the dating game can do that. But you, like all of us here, want to be loved. We want to be seen for who we are and to simply be accepted by the “right” man. If you want more with anyone, you have to stop selling yourself short and assume that you’re only going to get casual out of men. It’s starts with us. It starts with us searching into our souls for what we want and always putting those needs to the forefront of our minds, no matter what these dickheads put us through. If you want a relationship with someone, hold out for it. Don’t let the bastards grind you down. You are worthy. Never, ever think you’re not enough or can’t have what you truly want.
belle you’re always so kind and it’s lovely to see you back 💙 how are you?

• Heart
Reactions: 7

I LOVE that you did this!!! Good on you!!! And don’t feel mean - this is the truth, your time is too valuable to be a don’t know.

Thank you for sharing as this is definitely something I want to say to these horrible men that I try and hold out hope for, but never do.

also the tshirt 🤢 minimal effort, dodged a bullet tbh

Reactions: 8
belle you’re always so kind and it’s lovely to see you back 💙 how are you?
Aww thank you. Work has been mental lately, so that’s taken up a lot of my time. It’s eased a little now. I hope all is good with you, lovely 💙

I had a date on Sunday afternoon, after chatting for over a month. It went really well, he hugged me goodbye, said about meeting again and he’d text me later. By later that night, I hadn’t heard anything so decided to cut to the chase and message him, saying I’d had a nice time and maybe we could do it again sometime. He said he was sorry he hadn’t messaged me, his mum had fallen and needed to go to hospital, and he’d been a bit upset. He said he’d had a great time too but made no comment in response to me saying about doing it again. I believed him about his mum (and took the lack of response to another date being due to all he had on his mind), but equally worried I was being bullshitted after the date. Isn’t it terrible the scars dating leaves behind, so much so that I’d question if this man’s mother falling is genuine?!

However, he’s not been in touch since. So I’m left feeling slightly irritated, and a combination of feeling bad I’m questioning the truth but equally feeling that men will say utter tit before they have the balls to say that they simply didn’t think we were the right fit and, you know, I don’t want to see you again, contrary to what I said to your face. I think I’ll drop him a line later and see the reaction. I’ll soon have an answer, one way or another. What a palaver!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I just want to drop a reminder that when you go on a date, remember that’s it’s for YOU , not THEM.

Don’t try and validate yourself by wanting them to like you. Do you actually like THEM?

I’ll have all the confidence in the world standing up for myself. I’ll tell men I don’t want to be friends with them after we break up or if I don’t feel like seeing them again. I stand in my power - I’m not handing out over to them to decide if I’m worthy or not.

Also me…freaking out if I should send a message to a guy I like 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Aww thank you. Work has been mental lately, so that’s taken up a lot of my time. It’s eased a little now. I hope all is good with you, lovely 💙

I had a date on Sunday afternoon, after chatting for over a month. It went really well, he hugged me goodbye, said about meeting again and he’d text me later. By later that night, I hadn’t heard anything so decided to cut to the chase and message him, saying I’d had a nice time and maybe we could do it again sometime. He said he was sorry he hadn’t messaged me, his mum had fallen and needed to go to hospital, and he’d been a bit upset. He said he’d had a great time too but made no comment in response to me saying about doing it again. I believed him about his mum (and took the lack of response to another date being due to all he had on his mind), but equally worried I was being bullshitted after the date. Isn’t it terrible the scars dating leaves behind, so much so that I’d question if this man’s mother falling is genuine?!

However, he’s not been in touch since. So I’m left feeling slightly irritated, and a combination of feeling bad I’m questioning the truth but equally feeling that men will say utter tit before they have the balls to say that they simply didn’t think we were the right fit and, you know, I don’t want to see you again, contrary to what I said to your face. I think I’ll drop him a line later and see the reaction. I’ll soon have an answer, one way or another. What a palaver!
This is such an irritating and baffling situation, and why we don't let our guards down in the early stages. What I will say is any man who uses his mum falling as a made up excuse for not texting or not being interested is the lowest of the low. Just be honest ffs.

If it was me I wouldn't message again but no harm if you know what you're going to do if you don't get the response you're hoping for. Keep us posted ❤

They blow my minds sometimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.