Dating after lockdown #27 Being on Tinder to find a man of value is like looking in the bin for a Rolex

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s a dent to their ego, innit. Women who have their tit together don’t need a man. These same type of men though, would complain about women being psycho/needy for wanting basic decency 🙃

I always brave myself for the psycho / issues line. It’s always us - not their crappy behaviour!

I swear I won’t get into a relationship without seeing current therapist invoices.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes!! One of those I’m just a nice regular guy, it’s so frustrating being so nice and never meeting a nice girl 🤮🤮😆😆..he put me off because every other thing he mentioned he would do “when he met someone” I think he was bitter and must of been knocked back a lot as he overdid the happy chappy thing! Isn’t it funny that these are the ones who turn the nastiest on a dime?
He sounds like a nasty, infantile piece of work.

@Thank(space)you Hope you have a good time tonight and just because your friend says they’re having incredible sex doesn’t make it so 😏The ones talking about it, are usually the ones who are having to convince themselves otherwise- sort of like the ones professing their ‘forever love’ on Facebook or IG only to break-up after only knowing each other a few short years. Time always tells.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It’s a dent to their ego, innit. Women who have their tit together don’t need a man. These same type of men though, would complain about women being psycho/needy for wanting basic decency 🙃
Yes! the ego thing. Then they see how little they can bring.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
As a woman, with those types of men, you’ll never be enough. You’ll be too much, or not enough of whatever characteristics/behaviour they want or deem unnecessary. As you say @harveydean, it’s never actually about us. It’s all about them and what is disrupting their fragile hold of themselves. Just my opinion of course 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 15
As a woman, with those types of men, you’ll never be enough. You’ll be too much, or not enough of whatever characteristics/behaviour they want or deem unnecessary. As you say @harveydean, it’s never actually about us. It’s all about them and what is disrupting their fragile hold of themselves. Just my opinion of course 😊
Exactly this. And it’s usually a projection of their insecurities on to us. They don’t feel enough, so we’re the baddies who have taken their male privileges away from them (this is almost the exact argument I had with my last boyfriend…if anyone remembers, the one who appeared to have “done the work.” At one point he called me “you women.” Seriously.)

Reactions: 7
Exactly this. And it’s usually a projection of their insecurities on to us. They don’t feel enough, so we’re the baddies who have taken their male privileges away from them (this is almost the exact argument I had with my last boyfriend…if anyone remembers, the one who appeared to have “done the work.” At one point he called me “you women.” Seriously.)
Do we have the same ex?

Mine claimed to want equality until I started making more money than him and refused to be disrespected. Once I started dating men in my tax bracket I never went back 🙏

• Heart
  • Haha
The message he sent about seeing why you are single was completely unnecessary but I too irrationally fuckin hate the birks

I'll see meself out, was lovely chatting to you all 😩
20230406_204245.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Do we have the same ex?

Mine claimed to want equality until I started making more money than him and refused to be disrespected. Once I started dating men in my tax bracket I never went back 🙏
Haha I only said the other day I won’t date a man in a lower tax bracket than myself! He actually wanted me to work for HIM. The audacity!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
eddy no, not like this. not like this!

i immediately forgive you due to the jake gyllenhaal gif.
I'm not sorry but I will admit I probably started hating them because they don't fit me
I can't wear any kind of flat sandal to be fair, me feet are too narrow they fall straight off, flinging all over the damn shop.
I'm like Michelle visage, if I don't personally look good in something I hate it for everyone 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 11
As @EddyDarling has made her confession, I will admit this- I have an irrational hatred of Uggs, Crocs and to a lesser degree Birkenstocks (runs and hides from @freezelouise43 and @LaBlonde). It may be due to the fact that I have wide feet and can only seem to walk properly in heels🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
I hate flip flops, for the sound they make and how they literally slap the ground 🤯 Have never worn a pair and could never, the sensory overload would make me want to chop my feet off.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
At one point he called me “you women.” Seriously.)
In this moment, the woman learnt she was dating a misogynist...

You should have smacked him over the head twice. One with a croc and the other a birk, that's our new go to ladies. Place your orders for your weapons

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

You should have smacked him over the head twice. One with a croc and the other a birk, that's our new go to ladies. Place your orders for your weapons
I think I’m going to keep a stinky flip flop in my handbag as a form of self defence against the assholes…

• Haha

Please tell me someone has watched 90 Day Fiancé and gets the reference of throwing a Louboutin at a man’s head.

*not promoting assault btw

Reactions: 3
this is truly some of the worst messages we’ve seen here. like, it chilled me to the core. basically what’s the point of you being here if not to meet MY exact requirements wtf.

also birkenstocks are cool and i bet you look absolute 🔥 in them.
OH MY GOD HE'S JUST HUMILIATED HIMSELF FOR FUN 😭😭😭😭😭😭
Haha!! Thank you!! They were the mule type I thought they were quite cool! What turns these guys so nasty so quickly? None of us like rejection but I tried to be gentle and say it was due to work xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you all for your lovely, witty replies! I seem to have gotten myself in a situation with my ex, going on the dating site was me trying to move on! We split 2 years ago after a very short physical relationship, anyway long story short we are back in touch and have chatted for a month before we ended up sleeping together a couple of weeks ago and last Friday…I told him let’s just be friends because I know the minute he thinks I want more he will cut and run. He’s in the middle of a messy divorce and isn’t consistent. Last Friday we drank so much I have very little recollection of anything post 11pm and he was a bit offish in the morning and very quiet this week, I’m scared I said something stupid I don’t remember 🙊🙊
Bit of context, big age gap hes 55 and in my friendship group, didn’t meet him online but Jesus Mary mother of Christ am I hopelessly stupidly in love with that man 😫😫😫😫I have waited 2 years in my head to hope I’d see him again, hearing bits about him every so often from friends…I’m a total idiot, I know…just no one makes me feel the way he does 🥲🥲

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.