Dating after lockdown #26 What in the bad episode of Hollyoaks is going on?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right, I'm probably over thinking but:
Chatting to a guy on tinder, he gave me his number pretty much when we first started talking, I said I don't give out my number straight away so I'd prefer to keep chatting on the app. This was Monday.
He's messaged last night saying he's resetting his tinder.

Now, I only reset tinder if I'm not talking to anyone or I get rid if I'm dating someone. Seems weird to me that he's resetting it (which means we may not match again if our profiles don't come up) so I just find it odd he's resetting when we've been chatting?

Chatting to a guy on tinder, he gave me his number pretty much when we first started talking, I said I don't give out my number straight away so I'd prefer to keep chatting on the app. This was Monday.

Now, I only reset tinder if I'm not talking to anyone or I get rid if I'm dating someone. Seems weird to me that he's resetting it (which means we may not match again if our profiles don't come up) so I just find it odd he's resetting when we've been chatting?
Bit odd that he would tell you he’s doing it if you’re now chatting on text 🤔 unless he didn’t want you to think he’s deleted you off it?
---
Bit odd that he would tell you he’s doing it if you’re now chatting on text 🤔 unless he didn’t want you to think he’s deleted you off it?
Oh sorry you didn’t swap numbers ignore me! Didn’t read properly, it’s still early 😫😆

I think he’s trying to force your hand into you giving him your number despite you setting that boundary. Bin him off - if he wanted to speak to you, he’d respect what you’ve said and continue talking on the app

Reactions: 15
I think he’s trying to force your hand into you giving him your number despite you setting that boundary. Bin him off - if he wanted to speak to you, he’d respect what you’ve said and continue talking on the app
This! He's pushing you to give him your digits. Bin him 🚩

Reactions: 9
Screenshot_20230222_105347_Hinge.jpg
Why do I always get the messages like this? A "I also love oatly" would be enough

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10

Always listen to your niggles.

Reactions: 8

I think you are overthinking and too invested in what he's doing. My response would've been " ok, hope it gets sorted for you ". Some of them like to 'blame ' technology when you don't join in the game they are playing, the oh the app is playing up is right up there with the my nan is in hospital excuse!
Let him crack on !

I think you are overthinking and too invested in what he's doing. My response would've been " ok, hope it gets sorted for you ". Some of them like to 'blame ' technology when you don't join in the game they are playing, the oh the app is playing up is right up there with the my nan is in hospital excuse!
Let him crack on !
I agree with this advice. Someone tried a pressure tactic on me before. Asked for my number and gave me his, because he was “deleting the app that day”. Crack on I thought. What an arse - this was the second time he’d approached me on different apps. He obviously had the charisma of a slug if he couldn’t find a way to chat, build up a rapport, and eventually ask for my number like a normal person!

Reactions: 2
you've already said it, it's a fling!
There's an extra complication, because my ex was very rough with me a few years ago (reason why I left him) I am finding it very painful to have sex. We haven't managed it yet. I don't know if it's physical or psychological but have booked appointment with GP which will be intensely embarrassing

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m 16 days no contact with my ex and my situationship 🙌 this also includes no stalking them online!

Except I reaaally want to break and message the situationship 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 4
There's an extra complication, because my ex was very rough with me a few years ago (reason why I left him) I am finding it very painful to have sex. We haven't managed it yet. I don't know if it's physical or psychological but have booked appointment with GP which will be intensely embarrassing
I’m so sorry you went through this, but the GP will understand and I hope they help you. Don’t be embarrassed, you’ve done nothing wrong x

• Heart
This hurts my heart, I'm so sorry.

There is NOTHING to be embarrassed about - I promise you that. I know everyone in this thread will back me up there. Get those appointments sorted and whatever the outcome is, it will be dealt with 💗💕

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hey ladies, I’ve started dating again after having a year off the apps (felt great for it!) but just wondering, do you think it’s a bad sign if you don’t kiss at the end of a first date?

Hey ladies, I’ve started dating again after having a year off the apps (felt great for it!) but just wondering, do you think it’s a bad sign if you don’t kiss at the end of a first date?
Personally I don’t kiss on a first date (I have done & more haha) - but this is just a little boundary of mine I put in place as I got a bit older so I wouldn’t take it as a bad thing if you haven’t.

Reactions: 6
I'd say it's a positive and he's acted like a gentleman!

But also don't over think things ..be in the moment and do what feels right for you!

Reactions: 6
Thanks both! I’m definitely an over-thinker in the early stages of dating 😅 will try and go with the flow…

Reactions: 5
Hello lovely ladies. I've been lurking on the thread but have been really busy these past weeks so couldn't comment on anything.
I've met someone. He's lovely, a gentleman, we finish each other sentences, watch the same movies/series, enjoy the same things. We've been dating for almost two months but we're out in public together all the time.
The thing is, I think I fucked it up today. I've been struggling with family issues and I'm more sensitive than usual because I'm going on my period soon but today when we were having breakfast I saw that he was talking to a woman on IG. Nothing weird, but he kept talking to her through the morning. I got mad and said to him: "it's ok if you're speaking to somebody else but please don't do it in front of me". His response was that he only speaks with his friends (I know he has a female/male group of friends, I'm tottaly ok with this as I have a mixed group too) and that I don't have a reason to say something like that to him because what we're doing it's not something casual. The thing is, he's right. He's been the most attentive partner and I don't have a reason to doubt him, but I just wasn't feeling myself this morning.
Hours later I apologized and said he was right. I asked if we're ok and he said "yes, I'm ok if you're ok".
I know it's really early stages of dating but we have a connection and I wouldn't want to lose him for something like this. We've been seeing each other a lot and I care for him.
I just feel weird and I don't want to be scared.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.