Dating after lockdown #21 More red flags than Pamplona, we don’t wanna know about your boner.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Belle123 hope you are well 😊
Thank you for asking after me 🥰 I hope you’re ok? Sounds like you’ve had your hands full with yet another head on Tinder! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Thank you @LaBlonde too. Hope you’re ok?

I’ve just come back from the date. He was lovely. Felt like we had lots to chat about, because it turned out we went to the same school. I don’t know if we’ll have a ton in common once we get past that. I know he liked me, and has asked me out again. I do want to see how that goes and see if an attraction will grow. He texts me consistently, didn’t mess around with asking me out, came to my town to meet and was happy to offer a plan, paid for lunch, offered to walk me back to my car and was very decent. All I can think about is he wore a necklace that did absolutely nothing for me and I didn’t like his haircut 🤣 I really wonder if I can see that he would be an ok guy towards me, and I’m finding little reasons to push back? Is it my commitment phobia kicking in?! I will meet him again to decide xx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thank you for asking after me 🥰 I hope you’re ok? Sounds like you’ve had your hands full with yet another head on Tinder! 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’ve just come back from a date. He was lovely. Felt like we had lots to chat about, because it turned out we went to the same school. I don’t know if we’ll have a ton in common once we get past that. I know he liked me, and has asked me out again. I do want to see how that goes and see if an attraction will grow. He texts me consistently, didn’t mess around with asking me out, came to my town to meet and was happy to offer a plan, paid for lunch, offered to walk me back to my car and was very decent. All I can think about is he wore a necklace that did absolutely nothing for me and I didn’t like his haircut 🤣 I really wonder if I can see that he would be an ok guy towards me, and I’m finding little reasons to push back? Is it my commitment phobia kicking in?! I will meet him again to decide x
I guess if it works out you can always gently tell him he would look better with a different haircut and no necklace 😅 Glad the date went well, I’m so pleased for you x

• Haha
Reactions: 3
There must be women that say yes after 0 chat..

I swore I didn’t want another baby but here I am.. broody 🥴 I think it’s my age (32) 😂

I don’t like being rushed into meeting before it feels natural to do so, especially if they’re pushing for it after only a few messages on the app. It sets my teeth on edge and makes me think they’re just deploying a Spray & Pray approach, asking anyone they can get a few replies from.

I had one guy on Hinge literally say “Hi” and “How’s your day going?” then after I responded, he decided that was the time to shoot his shot. Needless to say, it was a hard pass and he unmatched me soon after this… 😁

View attachment 1320086
Bold of them to assume isn’t it! I had one similar just said ‘drinks this weekend?’ Like yeah sure pal 🙄 chancers I bet they wouldn’t even do it if you turned around and said yes lol

Reactions: 2
When it comes to meeting up nothing beats listening to your gut. A few messages is just not enough! I think being asked within a week or two is optimum. It’s a fine balance between chatting enough to get a real feel, and spending too long chatting and not finding out if you’ll even get a date let alone like them IRL. Only you can judge it and everyone is different. Do what’s right for you.

I guess if it works out you can always gently tell him he would look better with a different haircut and no necklace 😅 Glad the date went well, I’m so pleased for you x
Haha, yes, that’s what I was thinking x

🚨 Ooh update. He’s messaged me to follow up and ask me out again… he’s said I’m lovely, and attractive, and has jokingly said he’s ready to delete his dating account. I obviously made quite the impression 😂 - obviously I’m behaving far more reserved given I’m questioning my commitment phobia, so that will help pace it! 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It wasn’t a belcher chain was it? That seems to be the go to choice for fuckboys recently lol
Similar. If he’s a f#%*boy, my radar is wonky! I think I’m safe on that front… but you never know 🤣 He might just have bad taste in jewellery 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Similar. If he’s a f#%*boy, my radar is wonky! I think I’m safe on that front… but you never know 🤣 He might just have bad taste in jewellery 🤷🏻‍♀️
No he does sound nice (despite his choice of jewellery) lol. 😊 Isn’t it good we can do this anonymously, and he’s completely oblivious to the fact a load of women are discussing his necklace 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
No he does sound nice (despite his choice of jewellery) lol. 😊 Isn’t it good we can do this anonymously, and he’s completely oblivious to the fact a load of women are discussing his necklace 🤣
Thank goodness it’s anonymous! Poor guy would get a complex otherwise, with us pulling apart his choice of necklace 🙈😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Ok Tennis boy was lovely. Really polite, attentive and sexy. Paid the bill before I even had a chance to protest and didn’t even look at it. Just whipped his card out and tapped the machine without even seeing how much it cost…..it was £71 including service.
Has already texted to check I got home safely and to say that I’m gorgeous and he really likes me……eeeeeek!

Thank god I’m going to Corfu on Thursday with my best mate for a week, or I might have booty called him. Aaaaargh! I’m excited for this. I feel it’s very promising.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m going for a drink with someone in an hour 😬

I need to bookend everything and honestly this guy has been sweet so far. Right level of geekiness, interesting work, common interests and morals, and has been flirty but not sexual. I honestly need to bookend everything else.I know it’s stupid but I know if I do something about closing that chapter, there’s no going back for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thank you @LaBlonde too. Hope you’re ok?
i’m good! glad your date went well, i’m with @Fledgling Psycho in that i quite like a chain 🤣 a bit sad that he wasn’t wearing @Agent Cooper ‘s first suggestion though!

glad that a few of us have some lovely dates and second dates lined up 💙 i’m eating a dominos and hoping wales lose the football out of sheer pettiness because my ex desperately wanted them to qualify for the world cup 🤣 (extending my apologies to the completely blameless welsh football team obviously) - also off on a scotland trip with some friends this weekend so looking forward to that.

at present all men repulse me so can’t say dating is going that well. is it ever? 🤣🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ok Tennis boy was lovely. Really polite, attentive and sexy. Paid the bill before I even had a chance to protest and didn’t even look at it. Just whipped his card out and tapped the machine without even seeing how much it cost…..it was £71 including service.
Has already texted to check I got home safely and to say that I’m gorgeous and he really likes me……eeeeeek!

Thank god I’m going to Corfu on Thursday with my best mate for a week, or I might have booty called him. Aaaaargh! I’m excited for this. I feel it’s very promising.
Ohhh I like the sound of him!

i’m good! glad your date went well, i’m with @Fledgling Psycho in that i quite like a chain 🤣 a bit sad that he wasn’t wearing @Agent Cooper ‘s first suggestion though!

glad that a few of us have some lovely dates and second dates lined up 💙 i’m eating a dominos and hoping wales lose the football out of sheer pettiness because my ex desperately wanted them to qualify for the world cup 🤣 (extending my apologies to the completely blameless welsh football team obviously) - also off on a scotland trip with some friends this weekend so looking forward to that.

at present all men repulse me so can’t say dating is going that well. is it ever? 🤣🤷🏼‍♀️
I’d rather have a dominos and a break in Scotland than date at the minute!

I need to bookend everything and honestly this guy has been sweet so far. Right level of geekiness, interesting work, common interests and morals, and has been flirty but not sexual. I honestly need to bookend everything else.I know it’s stupid but I know if I do something about closing that chapter, there’s no going back for me.
Like when they are flirty without being sexual. It gives an air of mystery but not seediness and desperation. Some men don’t know the difference between banter flirting and being a downright creep. But flirting is good as it lets you know what chemistry you have

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Have fun. Totally get what you’re saying, and it sounds really positive with him so far x

Thank you! Haha - to each their own… if I can find that as his ‘fault’, I’m on to a winner lol. Haha, loving the comment about the football! Have fun in Scotland! Sounds lovely 🙂 x

Sounds promising and keeping fingers crossed for you! Hope you’re doing ok x

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Good luck girlfriend and report back! You have us on your side.

If I recall correctly, you are a mega hot lady! You’re gonna have loads of fun this summer, I can feel it in my bones!

So much love to all of you tonight. 💗💐🥂🥂🥂

• Heart

That sounds good Bunny! So happy for you, but first enjoy your holiday x

Ooh good luck! Hope you have fun! Please report back after the date haha

I legit knew a guy who wore this gummy bear necklace…needless to say, in his case it was like warning coloration in animals - he was a total nut 😂

And Dominos and football seems much more appealing than going on a Tinder date (at least in my opinion) 👌🏻 Enjoy!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.