Dating after lockdown #19 Opened Tinder. Saw “👉🏻👌🏻 ?”. Closed Tinder.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My date went realllllllly well. I didn’t buy a single drink. It was flowing all night and we ended up playing footsie under the table (haha), kissed at the end of the night 😇 He was really nice, I’m away on Saturday for 10 nights so will see him when I’m back defo. He said he’s not a massive texter and it’s just not him to spend all night on his phone etc (reassuring in some ways?). I think after a few more dates I’ll know for sure but I’m defs not putting all my eggs in one basket.
Eeeek exciting. Here’s hoping🤞🏻

Reactions: 3
These two are tied so if someone can tip the balance I'll make a new thread.

I'm a terrible person. My sister's been single 5 months and she's already met someone. Like sis I'm happy for you but also back of the line, it is my turn first!
We should combine them 😊 nope your not terrible just human! Some people are just luckier than others I guess 😔 if one more person (whose in a marriage or least a relationship so has no idea how hard it is dating out here) says to me ‘you’ll find it when you least expect it/not looking’ I’m going to scream

• Heart
Reactions: 6
We should combine them 😊 nope your not terrible just human! Some people are just luckier than others I guess 😔 if one more person (whose in a marriage or least a relationship so has no idea how hard it is dating out here) says to me ‘you’ll find it when you least expect it/not looking’ I’m going to scream
God that phrase annoys the hell out me. They’re no idea

Reactions: 7
Is it really down to luck? I’ve talked to/dated countless men that could have worked out but I just wasn’t feeling it. I won’t settle for just anyone whereas some people take the first one that shows them any attention.
Most of my friends aren’t even bothered about the people they are with, they’re just with them because there was nobody else.. Horrible to think how little some people care and that they just settle like this but I think it’s pretty common.

Reactions: 9
Is it really down to luck? I’ve talked to/dated countless men that could have worked out but I just wasn’t feeling it. I won’t settle for just anyone whereas some people take the first one that shows them any attention.
Most of my friends aren’t even bothered about the people they are with, they’re just with them because there was nobody else.. Horrible to think how little some people care and that they just settle like this but I think it’s pretty common.
This is very true. That’s also why people go back to exes, so they’ve just got someone, they don’t even care who is is sometimes. You have standards and refuse to settle for less, I’d much rather be like that than take whatever’s offered. My old work man (did a few bits in my house and we had general chat) said to me ‘don’t you get lonely’ but he also told me how unhappy he was in his relationship (nothing flirtatious just friendly chat). So he basically chose that over being on his own cos it was more convenient. I’d be gutted if someone settled for me out of boredom and loneliness!

I can’t get my head round the settling. Couldn’t think of anything worse than being with someone for the sake of it. My dad has told me I need to lower my standards though 😂🙈

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.