Dating after lockdown #20 I’m done. Too late to become a nun?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My daughter is a whole mood today. So we’re out having food and drinks and she goes ‘why on Earth is there so many brides!!’ (Loads of people with bride to be stuff on for hen parties) lol I feel you hun !!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The disappointment when you have 6 new likes on bumble. You swipe left 6 times at some questionable gentlemen… and they were the 6 new likes 😞 god help me.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Honestly with the apps, just swipe on who you like. Given that so many of them just swipe on everyone, we may as well be choosy!

Reactions: 5
I’m feeling quite defeated to be honest. I really need any advice or opinions.

After a long and healthy relationship (I was 19-24) we made a very mutal decision that it wasn’t right.
He felt much more like a best friend/family member than anything else, we’d spoken about ending things for months before I did.
I got freaked out whenever anyone mentioned us getting a house/married/etc.
I wasn’t even really attracted to him anymore, I wanted to date and experience other people, it’s not been great to say the least 😅
The past few years have been dramatic dating wise (quite a lot of different people to be honest) but earlier this year I started a relationship and I really thought this was it.
I find it hard to trust anyone as I have Complex PTSD from being sexually abused, I’m sceptical about relationships and always have been, but this guy convinced me otherwise, he was persistent and lovey. He convinced me over and over again that he wasn’t going anywhere, we’d both talk about being together forever (something I’ve never been comfortable saying before about anyone) it was honestly the safest I’ve felt in my life.
Then in April, out of the blue he messaged me saying that he’d met up with his abusive ex behind my back, and that he was confused about his feelings towards her. She honestly treated him horribly (I know that not just from him but others) so I was sympathetic, but he’s determined that he wants nothing to do with me anymore.
I spent a few weeks drinking away my sorrows and being the most depressed I’ve been for years, I mean I couldn’t even eat or wash myself, I’ve been working very hard though recently and I feel so much better.
I have a new job, it’s making me happy during the day, but I still have dreams about him every night. I really miss him, I’m so frustrated about the whole situation, I have no confidence anymore and no interest in dating anyone else. I can’t be hurt like that again.
Basically, I just have no trust in men anymore in a romantic way, how do I get past that?! I can’t let it effect the rest of my life. But I literally want nothing to do with dating ever again, whilst at the same time missing this guy and wishing we could have another go at things.
I don’t know, this is just a mind duck but I’m so confused and I’d welcome any similar stories and/or advice.
All the love to others experiencing difficulty in love 💀

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

After a long and healthy relationship (I was 19-24) we made a very mutal decision that it wasn’t right.
He felt much more like a best friend/family member than anything else, we’d spoken about ending things for months before I did.
I wasn’t even really attracted to him anymore, I wanted to date and experience other people, it’s not been great to say the least 😅
The past few years have been dramatic dating wise (quite a lot of different people to be honest) but earlier this year I started a relationship and I really thought this was it.
I find it hard to trust anyone as I have Complex PTSD from being sexually abused, I’m sceptical about relationships and always have been, but this guy convinced me otherwise, he was persistent and lovey. He convinced me over and over again that he wasn’t going anywhere, we’d both talk about being together forever (something I’ve never been comfortable saying before about anyone) it was honestly the safest I’ve felt in my life.
Then in April, out of the blue he messaged me saying that he’d met up with his abusive ex behind my back, and that he was confused about his feelings towards her. She honestly treated him horribly (I know that not just from him but others) so I was sympathetic, but he’s determined that he wants nothing to do with me anymore.
I spent a few weeks drinking away my sorrows and being the most depressed I’ve been for years, I mean I couldn’t even eat or wash myself, I’ve been working very hard though recently and I feel so much better.
I have a new job, it’s making me happy during the day, but I still have dreams about him every night. I really miss him, I’m so frustrated about the whole situation, I have no confidence anymore and no interest in dating anyone else. I can’t be hurt like that again.
Basically, I just have no trust in men anymore in a romantic way, how do I get past that?! I can’t let it effect the rest of my life. But I literally want nothing to do with dating ever again, whilst at the same time missing this guy and wishing we could have another go at things.
I don’t know, this is just a mind duck but I’m so confused and I’d welcome any similar stories and/or advice.
I’m so sorry you’ve been through what you have and I’m sorry this guy has left you high and dry when you opened up to him the most.

Firstly please remember that not all men are the same - just like us women aren’t either. There is someone out there for you but I think take some time off dating and do things for you that fill you with happiness and contentment 😚 When you feel better inside you’ll be able to see more clearly and then get back out there.

Don’t let this one man who has treated you appallingly put you off x

• Heart
I’m so sorry you’ve been through what you have and I’m sorry this guy has left you high and dry when you opened up to him the most.

Firstly please remember that not all men are the same - just like us women aren’t either. There is someone out there for you but I think take some time off dating and do things for you that fill you with happiness and contentment 😚 When you feel better inside you’ll be able to see more clearly and then get back out there.

Don’t let this one man who has treated you appallingly put you off x
That’s honestly so difficult and lovely at the same time 😅 I’ve been convincing myself that it isn’t his fault, and I do worry about him a lot, but he has treated me very badly and I need to remember that. Trauma isn’t an excuse for messing people around and hurting them.

That’s honestly so difficult and lovely at the same time 😅 I’ve been convincing myself that it isn’t his fault, and I do worry about him a lot, but he has treated me very badly and I need to remember that. Trauma isn’t an excuse for messing people around and hurting them.
Block him, if you haven’t already, get rid of every trace of him completely and start the process of moving on mentally from him. You are worth 1000000 more of whatever he could give you and you deserve SO much better. Trauma isn’t an excuse for being a vile human. He didn’t worry how he made you feel when he binned you off. You’re better off without him and if you need to write that down daily please do. You will find someone who worships the ground you walk on one day. Remember they have to be right for you, and worthy of you x

• Heart
I'm no expert but having read what you have shared I think perhaps some form of therapy or counselling would be wise.

Unfortunately, and I say this with love, he won't be giving you a second thought. When men move on in these circumstances and at the speed he has the last thing he will be thinking or worrying about is you. You need to put all your thoughts and energy into healing your heart and moving on with your life. The next man deserves a whole and healed you in the same way you deserve that from them.

Therapy can be extremely cathartic and teach you coping tools for life. 😍

Reactions: 9

I am so sorry to hear this lovely. I would suggest time and reading stories on great men who have changed the world and inspiring stories to regain trust in men. Remember they aren't all the same.

You need to block and delete this guy, he clearly has some complex emotions he is dealing with which can be a result of abuse. You deserve better and need someone who hasn't got this baggage. Take care, feel free to chat here the wonderful women on here helped me when I needed them.

Time is a wonderful healer. X

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I kept away from my messages yesterday and had a couple from this man so I replied in the evening.. Left on read.

I usually wouldn’t care but it’s irritated me 😂 I’m never saying anything nice about a man again 🤣

Reactions: 4
I kept away from my messages yesterday and had a couple from this man so I replied in the evening.. Left on read.

I usually wouldn’t care but it’s irritated me 😂 I’m never saying anything nice about a man again 🤣
It’s so annoying though when they text you for you to reply and them to just leave you on read. Like why bother lol. I can’t remember the last time I said something nice about a man 🤣 and sometimes when you do you jinx it

It’s so annoying though when they text you for you to reply and them to just leave you on read. Like why bother lol. I can’t remember the last time I said something nice about a man 🤣 and sometimes when you do you jinx it
He text me first thing this morning saying he was too drunk to respond 😂

I’m usually the most laid back person but sometimes daft thoughts will creep into my head like he isn’t interested in me anymore 😂
I once had another man say he loved me everyday then one day he went freezing cold and was with someone else so those things can scar you a little.

I’m usually the most laid back person but sometimes daft thoughts will creep into my head like he isn’t interested in me anymore 😂
I once had another man say he loved me everyday then one day he went freezing cold and was with someone else so those things can scar you a little.
That is a valid reason I guess, I mean it was a Saturday night! Lol. I’m the same though, as soon as I get left on read once or go a while without hearing from them I panic. So yeah it does scar us and make us more wary! Gosh I don’t know how they can do things like that, declare love one minute and go cold the next. And they say we’re complicated! Lol. Glad you heard from him anyway 🙂

Definitely been in this place too! I think after it happens a few times you start taking it personally and it's just so bloody frustrating.

Recommend a man break, look after you. Hopefully it's sunny where you are and you can enjoy being outside!

Don't take it personally, it's their issues bloody men x

Thursday date man isn’t really making any effort to speak or try and have a conversation .. just going to put him into my archives on WhatsApp and just forget about it. Nothing really lost, we’ve been on one date. I saw a guy years ago who was like this and to be honest it was like trying to get blood out of a stone some days and not worth my effort!

Thank you for your replies 🙂

I know it’s irrational to whinge about something so trivial but it was more the fact he can be hot one day and cold the next. He knows I hate it 😂

I sent him a ‘I’m heading out.. Enjoy your cold pizza 👋🏼 ’ pie in response to him.
Thursday date man isn’t really making any effort to speak or try and have a conversation .. just going to put him into my archives on WhatsApp and just forget about it. Nothing really lost, we’ve been on one date. I saw a guy years ago who was like this and to be honest it was like trying to get blood out of a stone some days and not worth my effort!
I’m sorry to hear this. Forget about him and enjoy your holiday ☀

Reactions: 2
Haven't posted in forever. I'm not dating. Not on the apps. Sick of having tit conversation with boring men who don't care about me. Went on one date a few weeks ago,we agreed there wasn't a spark and we didn't click but he still messages me and implies he'd like to have sex with me. And then I said I don't do meaningless sex anymore and his tune changed and he really liked me suddenly 🙄 I'm sick of being a second thought to lots of guys I've dated. As someone up thread said..I'd rather be on my own.

Reactions: 11
Haven't posted in forever. I'm not dating. Not on the apps. Sick of having tit conversation with boring men who don't care about me. Went on one date a few weeks ago,we agreed there wasn't a spark and we didn't click but he still messages me and implies he'd like to have sex with me. And then I said I don't do meaningless sex anymore and his tune changed and he really liked me suddenly 🙄 I'm sick of being a second thought to lots of guys I've dated. As someone up thread said..I'd rather be on my own.
I totally identify with this, the constant meaningless conversations on dating apps is so depressing. Nothing wrong with being on your own. Society is so warped for suggesting we can't be happy alone. X

Reactions: 8
Thank you for your replies 🙂

I know it’s irrational to whinge about something so trivial but it was more the fact he can be hot one day and cold the next. He knows I hate it 😂

I sent him a ‘I’m heading out.. Enjoy your cold pizza 👋🏼 ’ pie in response to him.

I’m sorry to hear this. Forget about him and enjoy your holiday ☀
Yeah I will do! Catching up on tattle whilst my daughter naps too. I’m having a think and I wonder if that in my head if they’re a bad texter (or more so I just think he cba) it means they’re not interested but with that being said we both agreed to meet after I get back from hols but i dunno! I like texting I guess but he literally is taking hours to reply, how can you have a conversation when it just doesn’t flow lol 😂

I totally identify with this, the constant meaningless conversations on dating apps is so depressing. Nothing wrong with being on your own. Society is so warped for suggesting we can't be happy alone. X
What gets me is society tells women we must have a partner. But it also slates women who have had multiple partners (slut shames them, or phrases like ‘can’t keep a man’) so we’re expected to meet someone, but not too many people, it’s an actual joke. I’ve seen on some threads on here things I don’t agree with, one said ‘she’s not a nice person, she can’t keep a relationship for long’ it’s comments like that what put pressure on women to be in a relationship or stay in a tit/toxic one as they feel they have to prove something. Sorry little rant there lol

Yeah I will do! Catching up on tattle whilst my daughter naps too. I’m having a think and I wonder if that in my head if they’re a bad texter (or more so I just think he cba) it means they’re not interested but with that being said we both agreed to meet after I get back from hols but i dunno! I like texting I guess but he literally is taking hours to reply, how can you have a conversation when it just doesn’t flow lol 😂
Everyone has different texting styles I guess.. me I like texting I can text sooo quick, I can’t do with guys who barely text but that’s because I like to. Some women won’t like texting either, guess it’s finding a happy medium. I like having my phone blown up (to a certain degree obviously lol) I am so done with effortless men. You wanna play it cool then that’s fine but not with me lol x

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.