Dating after lockdown #20 I’m done. Too late to become a nun?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you! ❤ He’s an old soul and I’m an idiot so it balances itself out 😂

The stigma can be tiresome. It generally seems to be more of an issue for people outwith the relationship than the two people actually in it.
You sound like me! I'm very young for my age and don't look it either ( apparently😉) and I've dated some really lovely younger guys. My 2 relationships over the last 5/6 years which were short both of them were younger. I've been caught out twice though..both times they told me they were older than they were - old soul in a young bod definitely applied here- one of them on his profile said he was 33, turned out he was 24! I was horrified and ended it soon after. Age really shouldn't be a factor but I draw the line at a 20 year age gap! 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 4
same!! i’m glad it’s not just me raymond 💙💙 i don’t know how anyone finds a guy who actually keeps up daily contact tbh!

i’m still reading but will refrain from commenting as i feel like i just burst in and drop an anvil of self-pity in amongst everyone’s lovely posts. it’s so nice to see so many happy stories right now though xx
Keep posting.. it’s good to vent.
So.

What’s the unwritten rules for keeping tinder when you’re waiting for next dates. I think I’m going to delete apps and then concentrate on this guy and see where it leads. I’m on holiday for 10 days anyway so won’t exactly be swiping in Spain 😂 and then we will meet a few days after I get back anyway so. Hopefully I won’t have to re install it.

The only thing that’s annoyed me is he didn’t even compliment me on how I looked but after the date he just said he really enjoyed it so😂
I’d wait until your are back home and have had another date or two. You don’t have to open the apps but I’d want to see if we could keep up the momentum. Keep up the texting though or it will fade out fast.

Well I’ve just remind myself why I don’t have social media. Just used my mums to stalk a guy I was seeing just before lockdown (a few nice dates, came to my house a few times for a drink film etc). I actually been considering texting him due to the fact we only didn’t work because of distance between us and me working days him working nights. So anyway I checked his fb to see if he was single before hand and he is.
Click on his likes and it’s loads of girls from round my area! (Not very nice ones either) When he lives in another city! Ick ick ick. Honestly their for everyone now lol it’s put me in a mood but I guess it’s a sign to not contact him. I could cry though social media makes nothing/no one exclusive or private anymore
Aww.. I wouldn’t worry about what he likes - some people will like anything they scroll past.

I’ve been on mine today and made sure it’s all private and I turned off message requests. I don’t want any random people or men from my past being able to pop back up again 👋🏼 🚪

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Hey all, re the settling thing...I can't do it. I tried, with a lovely guy actually, but we were so different in respect of our value base etc, he didn't work, smoked weed etc, and in the end I just couldn't settle for that. Though I felt really shallow doing so as he was like my best mate & a really caring guy. But, I've always said- I'd rather be unhappy/ lonely on my own, than in an unhappy and lonely relationship...If that makes sense 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Voted ‘not dating’ in the poll, and, having read this article, does not look like I will be anytime soon:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/hannahmarder/horrible-dating-profiles?origin=spl 🌝

Anyone seen any crazy profiles worth mentioning recently?

i’m still reading but will refrain from commenting as i feel like i just burst in and drop an anvil of self-pity in amongst everyone’s lovely posts. it’s so nice to see so many happy stories right now though xx
You should do what you feel most comfortable doing but I just want to say always enjoying reading your posts ❤
But, I've always said- I'd rather be unhappy/ lonely on my own, than in an unhappy and lonely relationship...If that makes sense 🤦‍♀️
This actually makes perfect sense, I agree with this x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Keep posting.. it’s good to vent.

I’d wait until your are back home and have had another date or two. You don’t have to open the apps but I’d want to see if we could keep up the momentum. Keep up the texting though or it will fade out fast.

Aww.. I wouldn’t worry about what he likes - some people will like anything they scroll past.

I’ve been on mine today and made sure it’s all private and I turned off message requests. I don’t want any random people or men from my past being able to pop back up again 👋🏼 🚪
Yes it is a petty thing i just found it odd how he knows other women from where i live when he’s in a whole different city. Guess a leopard never changes its spots lol. Mind it put me off contacting him and that’s the main thing, I don’t wanna go backwards wanna go forwards! You do right, that’s why I got rid of it, the thought of anyone being able to contact me anytime didn’t like it. Removing access x

Only in my imagination, but we're solid 🤭
Sometimes the fantasy of a man is actually better than the reality of them! Lol

I voted no. Well, other than a relationship with The Drop Out on Disney+ :LOL:
Hahah like it I voted no aswell, there’s crickets and tumbleweed where my dating life is lol

It’s never a good idea to go back to people or to allow them to come back. I have regretted it every single time - it’s never the same and they are best left in the past. @DollyDiamondxo

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It’s never a good idea to go back to people or to allow them to come back. I have regretted it every single time - it’s never the same and they are best left in the past. @DollyDiamondxo
Your right 💯 I have also done it once myself before and you guessed it - it went to tit. Ppl don’t change lol. I had a weak moment of loneliness and wine (bad mix lol). The past is best kept there! Here’s to a new day 🙂

• Heart
I swear the second I think or say anything about nice about a man they do something to annoy me 😂 I think I’m going to ditch my phone for the weekend and enjoy it with my daughter.

Reactions: 6
I swear the second I think or say anything about nice about a man they do something to annoy me 😂 I think I’m going to ditch my phone for the weekend and enjoy it with my daughter.
That’s my plan too! Food, shopping and a cocktail for me a mock tail for her. Enjoy your day ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Ladies 💖

Bumble guy has asked me out! We're meeting this week. I really like him, not getting my hopes up but he text me last night when I was out with the girls and said "just wanted to remind you, you look beautiful tonight" 😍

I'll keep you posted x

Well I’ve just remind myself why I don’t have social media. Just used my mums to stalk a guy I was seeing just before lockdown (a few nice dates, came to my house a few times for a drink film etc). I actually been considering texting him due to the fact we only didn’t work because of distance between us and me working days him working nights. So anyway I checked his fb to see if he was single before hand and he is.
Click on his likes and it’s loads of girls from round my area! (Not very nice ones either) When he lives in another city! Ick ick ick. Honestly their for everyone now lol it’s put me in a mood but I guess it’s a sign to not contact him. I could cry though social media makes nothing/no one exclusive or private anymore

Ohhh I've been there Dolly, social media is horrid for this. Does sound like he was a total player and you had a lucky escape! X

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Why? The threads ended up going around in circles and everyone tried to help her but those men she talked about couldn’t do right for doing wrong.
Gosh that's a name blast from the past isn't it ?! That's around the time I joined this thread too. There was definitely lots of odd drama back then for sure! I hope she is well and her little dog too..

Why? The threads ended up going around in circles and everyone tried to help her but those men she talked about couldn’t do right for doing wrong.
That was a bit before my time… I can’t remember the posters name but I still think about the lady who had a termination around Christmas time and her ex went back to his partner.

Reactions: 4
Ladies 💖

Bumble guy has asked me out! We're meeting this week. I really like him, not getting my hopes up but he text me last night when I was out with the girls and said "just wanted to remind you, you look beautiful tonight" 😍

I'll keep you posted x

Ohhh I've been there Dolly, social media is horrid for this. Does sound like he was a total player and you had a lucky escape! X
Oh he was, and he has the cheek to have ‘I’m not perfect, but I’m loyal’ as his cover photo! Bork 🤮 lol. Yeah I’m glad I don’t have it and my mums not going to let me lurk on hers anymore so fair play lol. Aww that’s amazing, and nice that he complimented you 🤗

That was a bit before my time… I can’t remember the posters name but I still think about the lady who had a termination around Christmas time and her ex went back to his partner.
Before mine aswell I don’t remember her x

Hmmm yes I'm not sure all was as it seemed but I remember the drama surrounding all of that too 🙄

Because I’m interested in how she’s doing? I said I wondered how she was, not that I think she should come back on the thread.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.