Dating after lockdown #18 Show me your c*ck and I will block

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know if this will resonate with any of you struggling as it seems difficult for lots of us right now.

I don’t always agree with Matthew Hussey, but I’ve seen one clip where he’s talking about how you trust them not to cheat and he flips it and says it’s about trusting that you will cope and survive with dignity if he does. And I think that’s a concept we can take within ourselves to all relationships/potential relationships- to know that we can trust ourselves to cope with any unknowns that may happen.

And I try to take it further in a how can I be kind to myself way if this does happen? How can I be content with who I am as a person if I go through this situation. It’s like reclaiming your own power and being able to say this is who I am, and I will feel the pain or the loss or the shame but I will not let it define me or make me act out of character.
I used to follow him religiously but found he became increasingly annoying and I couldn't deal with the faux American/ cockney twang thing he started doing...my favourite at the moment is Acemetaphor on Instagram..he's a straight talker and just makes sense to me. He a bit exuberant in the way only Americans can be 😉 but I like him.

Reactions: 1
Supposed to be spending 3 days with the person I’ve been seeing at the weekend, the longest we will have spent together buuuut I’ve just tested positive for covid. Unless I recover and get 2 neg tests very quickly I won’t be seeing him. The distance is starting to be something I’m struggling with and I don’t know what to do about it :( he’s so worth it and I’m so happy when we’re together but sometimes we go 3 weeks without seeing each other at all and it’s rubbish and not how I ever imagined a possible relationship to be. Need to do some thinking about whether it’s something I’ll be able to deal with long term..

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Another weekend another friend getting engaged and seeing it on social media and everyone congratulating them. I’m not even jealous of that aspect as I don’t particularly want to get married or even have ring/any of the materialistic crap that comes with it. I just feel down that in my 30s I am doubting I will ever find someone I want to spend my life with that also wants to spend it with me…. What if that just never happens? My ex would have married me if I wanted it, I feel like I’ve cursed myself for not settling with him. Some people are just lucky I guess.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My ex would have married me if I wanted it, I feel like I’ve cursed myself for not settling with him.
I feel you, but this is so harsh towards yourself. Would you ever tell the same to a friend?
What if it does happen?
Luckily everyone has their own timeline and all to hope for still. In our 30s we'll certainly have more fulfilled and mature relationships than in the silly 20s.

Reactions: 4
…also kinda harsh towards the guy you’re seeing. Hasn’t it been a fair few months now? Why are you still seeing him if you don’t see a future? You’ve said a few times that you don’t feel good enough for him, but also that you’re resenting him, that he had BO and you didn’t know how to tell him, and a couple months ago that he gave you the ick and you went back on dating apps. Did he know that? Maybe you should break up with him. Every time you speak about him/your situation, it’s negative. (I’m not trying to be a dick, I’m just imagining myself in his shoes and I’d be hurt I guess).

Supposed to be spending 3 days with the person I’ve been seeing at the weekend, the longest we will have spent together buuuut I’ve just tested positive for covid. Unless I recover and get 2 neg tests very quickly I won’t be seeing him. The distance is starting to be something I’m struggling with and I don’t know what to do about it :( he’s so worth it and I’m so happy when we’re together but sometimes we go 3 weeks without seeing each other at all and it’s rubbish and not how I ever imagined a possible relationship to be. Need to do some thinking about whether it’s something I’ll be able to deal with long term..
What a rubbish situation to be in! Meeting someone who’s right for you but having an obstacle in the way. I like my own company but it’s different when your with someone and just can’t see them because you also have to deal with missing him as apose to just enjoying your own company. Three weeks isn’t bad now but maybe it would be down the line. Maybe speak to him about it in future

• Heart
I tried to settle for my ex but I couldn’t do it and it wasn’t fair on him. You have to think of the other person more than yourself.

Reactions: 7
Another weekend another friend getting engaged and seeing it on social media and everyone congratulating them. I’m not even jealous of that aspect as I don’t particularly want to get married or even have ring/any of the materialistic crap that comes with it. I just feel down that in my 30s I am doubting I will ever find someone I want to spend my life with that also wants to spend it with me…. What if that just never happens? My ex would have married me if I wanted it, I feel like I’ve cursed myself for not settling with him. Some people are just lucky I guess.
If you’d of settled for him you’d be unhappier than you are now guaranteed! I’m sure you already know that but with these things being thrust in our faces all the time (I don’t as much as I’m not on social media anymore) it wraps your way of thinking lol. Social media isn’t real some of them ppl be miserable asf in real life I’ve seen it myself. It’s a facade a lot of the time obvs there is people who have been lucky and found someone special but not all of them. I hate when people don’t believe when I say I don’t wanna get married I think more women are becoming ok with not vbeing married. I love that for us. I just want a loyal companion who loves dogs and texts me back, screw a husband lol

Reactions: 5
…also kinda harsh towards the guy you’re seeing. Hasn’t it been a fair few months now? Why are you still seeing him if you don’t see a future? You’ve said a few times that you don’t feel good enough for him, but also that you’re resenting him, that he had BO and you didn’t know how to tell him, and a couple months ago that he gave you the ick and you went back on dating apps. Did he know that? Maybe you should break up with him. Every time you speak about him/your situation, it’s negative. (I’m not trying to be a dick, I’m just imagining myself in his shoes and I’d be hurt I guess).
Sorry to be a ditz but who is this comment aimed at ??

Ah ok! Now the comments by @doodlebug make sense, but your post doesn't because you are in a relationship or has that changed since we all chatted to you a few days ago ??
Yes I am, nothing has changed this week - just it’s only going to be a short term thing. I’m emotionally all over the place at the moment and seem to go from one extreme to the other. Sometimes I don’t want any more to do with him and other times I really like him and think maybe if things were different we could have a future.

• Sad
Yes I am, nothing has changed this week - just it’s only going to be a short term thing. I’m emotionally all over the place at the moment and seem to go from one extreme to the other. Sometimes I don’t want any more to do with him and other times I really like him and think maybe if things were different we could have a future.
I would probably say from what you have shared here that you don't really like him enough, if at all and that if you are staying with him hoping he will change or think things might be different if x y or z happens you are just prolonging the inevitable heartache that you are already feeling.
Sometimes the best thing we can do in this situation is be really honest with ourselves, admit its not the right person for us and do the right thing. Its not fair to string someone along if your heart really isn’t in it. Not only are you stopping him meeting the right person for him but you are also stopping the right person finding you.
Staying in a relationship because it's better than 'nothing' or being on your own is soul destroying and imo such a waste of your precious time.

You need to put the poor guy out of his misery....if someone stringed you along in a similar manner you’d be rightly upset.

I would probably say from what you have shared here that you don't really like him enough, if at all and that if you are staying with him hoping he will change or think things might be different if x y or z happens you are just prolonging the inevitable heartache that you are already feeling.
Sometimes the best thing we can do in this situation is be really honest with ourselves, admit its not the right person for us and do the right thing. Its not fair to string someone along if your heart really isn’t in it. Not only are you stopping him meeting the right person for him but you are also stopping the right person finding you.
Staying in a relationship because it's better than 'nothing' or being on your own is soul destroying and imo such a waste of your precious time.
No I completely agree and that’s why I ended things with my ex. Just to clarify it’s not me who has decided it’s a short term thing, there’s some stuff going on that I can’t really go into detail about on here. If I knew it was something that had a future I would be much more invested but I guess I’ve kept him at arms length as a defence mechanism and looked for reasons why I don’t like him so it’s not as painful when it ends… which I know sounds insane. I don’t want to meet someone else :( I think when things end with him I will be single for quite a while, men just cause so much anxiety and heartache for me.

You need to put the poor guy out of his misery....if someone stringed you along in a similar manner you’d be rightly upset.
See above, I’m the one being strung along unfortunately :(

It doesn’t sound like being with him makes you truly happy @Pixipoppy, more like it’s just a habit. Taking what you have said on here into account, I think it would be better for both of you to split.

It doesn’t sound like being with him makes you truly happy @Pixipoppy, more like it’s just a habit. Taking what you have said on here into account, I think it would be better for both of you to split.
Then why are you staying in the relationship?
I know, I just don’t want to because I’m living in a fantasy land where I get a happy ending even though I know it’s not going to happen. A lot of it is related to my low self esteem and MH issues too. Maybe I will have another chat with him about it but it’s hard to end things with someone before they have even done the thing you’re worried is going to happen? I just know I’ve never felt this low about myself or anxious. I’m used to stability and I know I need to work on not becoming attached to people and being able to cope with change/

• Sad
Reactions: 2
No I completely agree and that’s why I ended things with my ex. Just to clarify it’s not me who has decided it’s a short term thing, there’s some stuff going on that I can’t really go into detail about on here. If I knew it was something that had a future I would be much more invested but I guess I’ve kept him at arms length as a defence mechanism and looked for reasons why I don’t like him so it’s not as painful when it ends… which I know sounds insane. I don’t want to meet someone else :( I think when things end with him I will be single for quite a while, men just cause so much anxiety and heartache for me.

See above, I’m the one being strung along unfortunately :(
I'm trying to find some positives in what you are saying but my biggest take from this is why are you doing this to yourself? Why are you settling for less than you deserve? Why are you allowing a man to dictate the course of your life ? Sounds like he's in control of this relationship, its on his terms and you are just plodding along for the ride and are clearly miserable?

And tbh doesn't matter what he thinks or wants ..he's not giving you want you need and you've said he's told you there is no future. Time to pick up your dignity off the floor and take some control of your life.

I'm trying to find some positives in what you are saying but my biggest take from this is why are you doing this to yourself? Why are you settling for less than you deserve? Why are you allowing a man to dictate the course of your life ? Sounds like he's in control of this relationship, its on his terms and you are just plodding along for the ride and are clearly miserable?
Yeah I guess? I don’t think it’s deliberate on his part - he’s been quite clear from the outset and I thought I could handle it but now I’m in too deep. My own fault. I know there’s plenty of fish in the sea and I’d meet someone but at the moment I can’t imagine meeting anyone else I want to be with… I only ever fancy guys who are way out of my league so what I “deserve” I don’t usually want. Not sure how I get out of that conundrum.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.