Dating after lockdown #17 Scraps on the apps, crumbs from the dumbs, making us sick with pics of dicks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread here:

New thread title by @Fledgling Psycho 👌🏻😂 Had to shorten it a tiny little bit!

Here is to a better selection of men this time around! We’re also planning a Galentine’s day thing on here, so join us with your Prosecco on the 13th 🥂

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Ohh, so down for Galentine’s! I’m in. 😊
@Raymond Luxury-Yacht I was catching up on the previous thread. You are no one’s fall back girl. Good on you for telling him he needs a therapist instead of venting to you! I’d no longer talk to that guy if I were you. 🫂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Previous thread here:

New thread title by @Fledgling Psycho 👌🏻😂 Had to shorten it a tiny little bit!

Here is to a better selection of men this time around! We’re also planning a Galentine’s day thing on here, so join us with your Prosecco on the 13th 🥂
Ah I’m going to see a comedy gig that night with my son 🙄 I’ll pop in to say hi x

Cardiff man (bumble match, been chatting for about 10 days, video called twice, three long phone calls, texting through the day and evening) has asked for my address. I’m guessing/hoping he’s asked so he can send me a valentines card. This is safe enough right? We are meeting up halfway for a day date in half term. I don’t get any bad/weird vibes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Cardiff man (bumble match, been chatting for about 10 days, video called twice, three long phone calls, texting through the day and evening) has asked for my address. I’m guessing/hoping he’s asked so he can send me a valentines card. This is safe enough right? We are meeting up halfway for a day date in half term. I don’t get any bad/weird vibes.
fully up to you! i would be wary as you haven’t met in person, but i am naturally very cautious 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thanks @Raymond Luxury-Yacht . I'm honoured as a newbie that my title was chosen. And you altered it beautifully. 👍😆

@TillyMiffin When you have lots of chats etc do you worry that you'll have nothing to talk about when you meet. This guy sounds so different doesn't he in wanting to engage with you instead of the usual disappearing mid conversation which I now do! 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thanks @Raymond Luxury-Yacht . I'm honoured as a newbie that my title was chosen. And you altered it beautifully. 👍😆

@TillyMiffin When you have lots of chats etc do you worry that you'll have nothing to talk about when you meet. This guy sounds so different doesn't he in wanting to engage with you instead of the usual disappearing mid conversation which I now do! 😬
It’s funny we have so much in common, we haven’t even started to discuss stuff like films, music, life experiences etc yet so I don’t worry about that. He’s very articulate which I love. He’s in the entertainment/comedy industry behind the scenes so he’s very interesting. I’m very excited about this one as you can probably tell x

• Heart
Anyone who gets the MSE emails....there's a 5 day free trial for E-Harmony. Never used to know if its any good but... don't need to put in card deets either

Reactions: 1
Ah I’m going to see a comedy gig that night with my son 🙄 I’ll pop in to say hi x

If you don't have any doubts an option is to tell him to send the parcel so you can collect at the nearest post office - if you are not working from home it's a good excuse to maintain your address private until you see him and yet be kind and appreciative. If he says it's a card can be tricky but you have the option to say it would be meaningful to get it from him in person.
He seems to be kind so follow your gut, and prioritise your safety and your son's safety.
Last thing anyone wants is to get into a stalking situation later on when there's a child involved. That would be, personally my only preservation. x

It’s funny we have so much in common, we haven’t even started to discuss stuff like films, music, life experiences etc yet so I don’t worry about that. He’s very articulate which I love. He’s in the entertainment/comedy industry behind the scenes so he’s very interesting. I’m very excited about this one as you can probably tell x
Im excited for you, it sounds very promising! Eeek

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Personally I wouldn't be giving out that information until you've at least met him in person...how many dates have we all been on where its been amazing chatting but then we meet them in person and it's a no ...you also have a child in your home so even more reason not to put yourself at risk...sorry to be a Debbie Downer but these men are strangers until we've met them. My home is my safe place and I protect it and me at all costs.

Just to add, we are all on our best behaviour when we are trying to impress or schmooze someone, that's not to say he's not an amazing bloke but at this point in time he really is just a stranger / acquaintance you need to treat him as such...

Reactions: 17
Personally I wouldn't be giving out that information until you've at least met him in person...how many dates have we all been on where its been amazing chatting but then we meet them in person and it's a no ...you also have a child in your home so even more reason not to put yourself at risk...sorry to be a Debbie Downer but these men are strangers until we've met them. My home is my safe place and I protect it and me at all costs.

Just to add, we are all on our best behaviour when we are trying to impress or schmooze someone, that's not to say he's not an amazing bloke but at this point in time he really is just a stranger / acquaintance you need to treat him as such...
[/QUOTE/]
Ye.
Yes I did have this at the back of my mind.. One of my close friends owns a pub on the other side of town so I’ve given him that address. He was very understanding and totally got why I was being cautious. Now should I send him a card?….

Reactions: 5
Yes I did have this at the back of my mind.. One of my close friends owns a pub on the other side of town so I’ve given him that address. He was very understanding and totally got why I was being cautious. Now should I send him a card?….
Maybe I'm just too old and cynical but I'm struggling to understand what is happening here tbh. Why is he sending you a valentines day card? And why are you contemplating sending him one ? You met online 10 days ago ? Haven't yet met in person , I'm assuming you are building a foundation of friendship with intent to meet up soon ? Why is ' love ' even being mentioned ? It's all feeling a bit full on and love bomby to me and to much too soon...

Reactions: 20
I think I’d opt for a cute and funny e-card if I were you! 😊 That way you can still be safe but flirty and keep things interesting. I would be cautious about exchanging addresses or sending tangible stuff this early on.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Maybe I'm just too old and cynical but I'm struggling to understand what is happening here tbh. Why is he sending you a valentines day card? And why are you contemplating sending him one ? You met online 10 days ago ? Haven't yet met in person , I'm assuming you are building a foundation of friendship with intent to meet up soon ? Why is ' love ' even being mentioned ? It's all feeling a bit full on and love bomby to me and to much too soon...
This 💯 it all seems like too much too soon

Reactions: 14
Hey everyone. I've been seeing a guy for 3 months steady now. It's his birthday on Saturday and he has mentioned he has arranged a gig/party and previously when I've mentioned plans for a February weekend (a friend's party on the 19th) he's asked me "what date is that on?" as if he was checking it wasn't his birthday. Anyway, he's now basically said he's busy this weekend and won't be able to see me. I am trying to be understanding, that it's his birthday and he will want to see his family/friends and not worry about keeping me company,introducing me etc.

But I am also a little bit miffed..do you think I'm right to feel a little hurt?

• Sad
  • Heart
This 💯 it all seems like too much too soon
I have to echo this. I hate being a Debbie Downer too, but he’s not met you yet. It’s all pretty meaningless at this stage. Could be love bombing, so just keep an eye on things with him, and keep your guard up a bit until you’ve met and had a decent chance to get to talk to him face to face over a period of time.

Reactions: 10
i absolutely agree with this - it’s been 10 days. call me super cynical but there shouldn’t be any talk of sending things directly to anyone’s houses? you rightly haven’t given your address for safety, by the same logic don’t ask for his, i’m not sure if i would even have given a friend’s address tbh.

@TillyMiffin - to me it’s piling on the pressure before you meet. you got lovebombed very epically by that guy around christmas time, don’t go in all guns blazing here. i would be weirded out if a guy i hadn’t met, who i haven’t been speaking to for that long, wanted to send me a valentines.

Last edited:
  • Heart
@nobrains Did he ever actually say he was inviting you to this gig or did you add 2 and 2 and come up with 5 when he asked you about the dates of your plans?
If he’s invited you and now essentially un-invited you days before it, then yes, you’re right to be annoyed, that’s a dick move. If not, then I don’t really see what he’s done wrong. He’d told you he’d planned a gig for his birthday so you already knew he was going to be busy. I don’t think I’d be choosing this particular hill to die on.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.