Dating after lockdown #13 Halloween the ghost(er)s favourite season šŸŽƒ

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Amongst the ghosters, the flakers and narcissists, posts like those of @Gairlfb and @hereforthememe always give me hope šŸ¤— I look forward to hearing everyoneā€™s ā€˜officialā€™ news in the future!! šŸ’•

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I may have a date this week. I'm not hugely arsed which I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing? Like seriously beyond not bothered.... if it doesn't happen I won't even give it another thought not arsed. Maybe this is the universe saying nah not yet šŸ¤£

Reactions: 5
I may have a date this week. I'm not hugely arsed which I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing? Like seriously beyond not bothered.... if it doesn't happen I won't even give it another thought not arsed. Maybe this is the universe saying nah not yet šŸ¤£
Why aren't you bothered about it ?

Why aren't you bothered about it ?
I honestly have no idea. Maybe because I'm genuinely not looking for someone really. If it's arranged then I'll go but I guess it means my expectations low because I know I'll be fine regardless.

I'm all grown up!

I honestly have no idea. Maybe because I'm genuinely not looking for someone really. If it's arranged then I'll go but I guess it means my expectations low because I know I'll be fine regardless.

I'm all grown up!
This is probably the best way to be! Get going šŸ˜

Reactions: 3
This is probably the best way to be! Get going šŸ˜
He works nights so won't hear much if ever during the days anyway šŸ¤£ I seriously have no expectation because I have a splendid week planned with stuff on my own that I'm most excited for

I'm all grown up!
How did you meet and how come he asked you out?

Ooohh, I would love to hear what is on your list.

Well, it is a pricey hobby to be honest. I bought Clean Cashmere and Kenzo Elephant on Ebay today (half price, but new) as I am looking for a winter scent.
Oh Iā€™ll check those out! Here are mine in varying price ranges haha:

- Georgio Armani: Si
- Body shop: Moringa
- Santal 33
- Maison Francis Kurkdijan: Baccarat Rouge 540
- Vilhelm Parfumerie: Fleur Burlesque (getting myself this for Christmas!).

I really wasn't fussed before my 1st date with my boyfriend but we clicked and it was one of the best first dates I've had so definitely go and just see. You have nothing to lose!

• Heart
I just saw this on TikTok and it really resonated with me after my recent experience. I thought it might help others.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I just saw this on TikTok and it really resonated with me after my recent experience. I thought it might help others.

Agree with a lot of what sheā€™s said but I donā€™t like ā€œitā€™s him or someone even betterā€ - the constant thought that there could be someone even better waiting round the corner, or available to swipe the next time you log in the app is what is stopping people from really evaluating the person who is in front of them, taking time to get to know more about them, and often treating them like a real human being with needs and feelings and thoughts.

Itā€™s a disposable culture whereby itā€™s fine to just cancel a date at short notice or ghost someone before or after meeting because there arenā€™t any consequences - plenty more fish in the sea etc. In reality the dating pool isnā€™t that big even if you live in a big city and thatā€™s why you see the same people on the apps when you come back from a break. Thatā€™s why the ghosters will reappear and try and act like nothing happened (usually coinciding with a WhatsApp photo change šŸ˜‚).

I think saying ā€œitā€™s not just him, there are other optionsā€ is more accurate.

Mini rant over šŸ“¢

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Agree with a lot of what sheā€™s said but I donā€™t like ā€œitā€™s him or someone even betterā€ - the constant thought that there could be someone even better waiting round the corner, or available to swipe the next time you log in the app is what is stopping people from really evaluating the person who is in front of them, taking time to get to know more about them, and often treating them like a real human being with needs and feelings and thoughts.

Itā€™s a disposable culture whereby itā€™s fine to just cancel a date at short notice or ghost someone before or after meeting because there arenā€™t any consequences - plenty more fish in the sea etc. In reality the dating pool isnā€™t that big even if you live in a big city and thatā€™s why you see the same people on the apps when you come back from a break. Thatā€™s why the ghosters will reappear and try and act like nothing happened (usually coinciding with a WhatsApp photo change šŸ˜‚).

I think saying ā€œitā€™s not just him, there are other optionsā€ is more accurate.

Mini rant over šŸ“¢
I think, from my point of view, that she was saying if he treats you like crap, thereā€™s red flags, heā€™s not responding to messages, you donā€™t just have to stay because it is the first reasonable date in a few other ways in a few years. That you donā€™t have to just settle.

I totally agree with what youā€™ve said. I just donā€™t understand some peopleā€™s attitude, if they have found something goodā€¦ great! Everyone wants to get off the apps šŸ˜‚ sucks that some people just are so wrapped up in the likes and validation.

Reactions: 4
I think, from my point of view, that she was saying if he treats you like crap, thereā€™s red flags, heā€™s not responding to messages, you donā€™t just have to stay because it is the first reasonable date in a few other ways in a few years. That you donā€™t have to just settle.

I totally agree with what youā€™ve said. I just donā€™t understand some peopleā€™s attitude, if they have found something goodā€¦ great! Everyone wants to get off the apps šŸ˜‚ sucks that some people just are so wrapped up in the likes and validation.
Yeah, you shouldnā€™t stay because heā€™s the first one who has shown you any interest, because there will be someone else. Although it can be years between finding someone you find attractive and have genuine excitement about and itā€™s more misleading BS and platitudes to claim otherwise.

You imagine that everyone would want to get off the apps, but for a lot of men who arenā€™t looking for commitment or donā€™t know what they want, the apps represent a way to get attention, possible sexting (and photos/videos) and sex at their fingertips. They want to sign up to more!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.