Dating after lockdown #13 Halloween the ghost(er)s favourite season šŸŽƒ

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Instant ick on bumble. Downloaded to basically swipe no to everyone again but randomly had a match. Said they've got an inch on me in height so "killers heels in the bedroom please"

Good bleeping bye šŸ¤£ if you're gonna talk about sex in the second message then this isn't matching my vibe at all. Plus I don't own heels.... I'm 5"11 and clumsy as a drunk giraffe šŸ¤£

I replied saying I don't own heels and got "well we can work on that šŸ˜œ". So I said nope not feeling this if just going straight to sex talk 3 messages in. Byeeeee

Heā€™s 49, Iā€™m 47ā€¦ yeah I guess to be brutally honest, Iā€™m concerned heā€™s more interested in the assets that come with me. Heā€™s being perfectly nice in his approach and no red flags so farā€¦just a gut feeling. Weā€˜re meeting up on Friday so I want to go in open-minded, but right now I just want to punch any man in the faceā€¦just for being a manā€¦.I HATE YOU MEN!!!
Listen to your gut/intuition and make sure it's your true intuition rather than fear/ego talking. If it is then walk away...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Heā€™s 49, Iā€™m 47ā€¦ yeah I guess to be brutally honest, Iā€™m concerned heā€™s more interested in the assets that come with me. Heā€™s being perfectly nice in his approach and no red flags so farā€¦just a gut feeling. Weā€˜re meeting up on Friday so I want to go in open-minded, but right now I just want to punch any man in the faceā€¦just for being a manā€¦.I HATE YOU MEN!!!
How does he know about your assets ?

Reactions: 6
@BunnyLebowski don't sell yourself short šŸ’œ you are a catch and any man, regardless of age, is gonna be absolutely lucky to go on a date with you, For you, Not your assets or any other reason you can say.

however if you're getting a bad vibe from him and you think something is off, then cancel.

• Heart
How does he know about your assets ?
I guess it started with talking about our jobsā€¦then our kids and me mentioning I have a lodger in my spare bedroomā€¦..so I live in Brighton, I work from home, my daughter has her own room, so does the lodger obviously. He did offer to work on my garden before that so it could be legit.

He said he has a one bedroom flat but he loves it. Fine by me so long as he supports his child and himself.

I think Iā€™m burnt because my ex was such a cocklodgerā€¦but I donā€˜t want to judge a man because he works with his hands (šŸ˜‚) and doesnā€™t have a corporate pension, because I could be ruling out a lot of good men. Alsoā€¦.you all know I like a bit of rough.

Reactions: 1
I guess it started with talking about our jobsā€¦then our kids and me mentioning I have a lodger in my spare bedroomā€¦..so I live in Brighton, I work from home, my daughter has her own room, so does the lodger obviously. He did offer to work on my garden before that so it could be legit.

He said he has a one bedroom flat but he loves it. Fine by me so long as he supports his child and himself.

I think Iā€™m burnt because my ex was such a cocklodgerā€¦but I donā€˜t want to judge a man because he works with his hands (šŸ˜‚) and doesnā€™t have a corporate pension, because I could be ruling out a lot of good men. Alsoā€¦.you all know I like a bit of rough.
I'm in a 4 bedroom townhouse but never thought of myself a woman of means.
I will now though ...thanks Bunny šŸ˜…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
That's a woman of many means! I have a 2 bed house....but its bloody expensive here. Not quite on the Brighton level of cher-ching but a London commuter town none the less.

Still chatting to the guy who made me say ick. Apparently he's tipsy and didn't mean it the way it was typed šŸ™„ I'm being fairly blunt and giving nothing away lol but always fun to talk to someone different of a Saturday evening! He also has interest in the universe/higher powers etc like me which is interesting

• Heart
Also, I donā€™t want to judge because heā€™s got a little 4 year old girlā€¦a happy accident from a fling. I think a second chance at life like that is a beautiful thingā€¦..i have a few male friends whoā€™ve had babies later in life but not within a partnership. No judgement from meā€¦fair play to those women getting what they want / need. Iā€™m mor concerned with how they support the child.

I mean, I think a partnerā€™s children could well enrich my life and Iā€™m a generous personā€¦.butā€¦Iā€™ve been fucked over so many times. My ex husband who wasnā€™t even my daughterā€™s dad and refused to give me a baby always said, if he left me, heā€™d leave with the shirt on his backā€¦..

Well the fucker stung me for well over 50k and going through the menopauseā€¦heā€™s now happily having a baby with a much younger woman.

I am in therapy guysā€¦.itā€™s ok. Iā€™m just trying not to tar all men with the same brush. Just giving the backstory.

My dear girlā€¦ if we were in a Jane Austin novel, weā€™d be distant cousins, and Iā€™d invite you to the coast to recuperate after nursing an aunt through her winter years. Youā€™d then swiftly fall in love with my handsome brother and inherit the family mansionā€¦.then Iā€™d have to poison your tea šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Well itā€™s over before the second date. Feeling crushed as it was my first promising date after my LTR endedā€¦ heā€™s decided to take a job overseas in the New Year so has pulled the pin. So sad.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Well itā€™s over before the second date. Feeling crushed as it was my first promising date after my LTR endedā€¦ heā€™s decided to take a job overseas in the New Year so has pulled the pin. So sad.
Never mind. There's other fish in the sea.:)

Oh no, that's really sad. So sorry to hear that. How are you feeling? So you are not going to see each other again?

Reactions: 2
Oh no, that's really sad. So sorry to hear that. How are you feeling? So you are not going to see each other again?
Iā€™m pretty upset but I feel like I canā€™t admit that because we have only been on one date? Especially as he was saying heā€™s going to be working local next year and not away etc and because we clicked on so many levels and there was no red flags I did start to get my hopes up. He didnā€™t even really say he didnā€™t want to see me again in the message just said he wasnā€™t going to be staying in town and will be moving overseas so I did message him back and say Iā€™d still like to get breakfast as a last hurrah and to celebrate his job offer but I havenā€™t heard back from him and heā€™s usually a quick texter. Just feeling a bit bummed but Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll be ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Iā€™m pretty upset but I feel like I canā€™t admit that because we have only been on one date? Especially as he was saying heā€™s going to be working local next year and not away etc and because we clicked on so many levels and there was no red flags I did start to get my hopes up. He didnā€™t even really say he didnā€™t want to see me again in the message just said he wasnā€™t going to be staying in town and will be moving overseas so I did message him back and say Iā€™d still like to get breakfast as a last hurrah and to celebrate his job offer but I havenā€™t heard back from him and heā€™s usually a quick texter. Just feeling a bit bummed but Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll be ok.
You should allow yourself to be sad for a while.

I listened to a podcast yesterday and they were talking about how you don't just grieve the relationship and the person when you break-up but also the future you would have had together and in your case it just seemed so promising.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
You should allow yourself to be sad for a while.

I listened to a podcast yesterday and they were talking about how you don't just grieve the relationship and the person when you break-up but also the future you would have had together and in your case it just seemed so promising.
Yes thatā€™s what Iā€™m upset about. I did start to allow myself to think about the future we could have togetherā€¦ I think also, the work he does is what my ex did, and I said I would never date someone in that same position again and itā€™s triggering those old feelings and wounds from the relationship as my ex decided to go work overseas when we were together just after we got engaged and werenā€™t in a good place plus his attitude towards work really put a strain on our relationship so I feel like the universe might be telling me I was right with thinking I shouldnā€™t date someone in the same industry again. But I was hopeful that we would have a nice future together with all our shared interests and conversation. Like we spoke for almost 8 hours on our first date and spoke about good it was! But I will allow myself to be sad for a moment then pick myself back up.

• Heart
  • Sad
Yes thatā€™s what Iā€™m upset about. I did start to allow myself to think about the future we could have togetherā€¦ I think also, the work he does is what my ex did, and I said I would never date someone in that same position again and itā€™s triggering those old feelings and wounds from the relationship as my ex decided to go work overseas when we were together just after we got engaged and werenā€™t in a good place plus his attitude towards work really put a strain on our relationship so I feel like the universe might be telling me I was right with thinking I shouldnā€™t date someone in the same industry again. But I was hopeful that we would have a nice future together with all our shared interests and conversation. Like we spoke for almost 8 hours on our first date and spoke about good it was! But I will allow myself to be sad for a moment then pick myself back up.
I think it is pretty normal that you started thinking about the future. You clicked and shared an amazing kiss.
Who wouldn't want more?

Give yourself as much time as you need ā¤
It really sucks, why can't he have a different job or work around the corner from you. šŸ˜’

Reactions: 5
I think it is pretty normal that you started thinking about the future. You clicked and shared an amazing kiss.
Who wouldn't want more?

Give yourself as much time as you need ā¤
It really sucks, why can't he have a different job or work around the corner from you. šŸ˜’
Yes thatā€™s what sucks, I literally had the most clichĆ© amazing rom com style first date and kiss and then bombshell Iā€™m moving overseas. Iā€™m hoping he still might want to catch up but it will probably honestly hurt more so it might not be a bad thing if he says no / doesnā€™t text back.

But I probably will take some time off the apps, this stings ALOT post break up and I am ready to date but I am realising I am not ready for the hurt that comes with dating so I might just have a break and get back into my therapy and other things for a while.

Reactions: 3
If you look at it another way @PiesAndLattes you might be projecting all these wonderful character traits onto someone you barely know who could have turned out to be a total arse.

The positive from this is that you put yourself out there and were open to meeting someone and seeing where things went.

Reactions: 16
I can relate to that.
I decided to date the guy that now recently moved over the summer and it did hurt to think about his move. He was the one that brought me the orange roses when we met one last time last weekend. We also got on well, did lots of nice things together and the sex was amazing, but there were also things I didn't like - he was a bit selfish and had ghosted/ignored me for a week a few times.

I try not to think about him, but also met a few other guys on the apps, although I don't like any of them.

A break can't hurt, you can decide how short or long.
What other things would you like to get into? Specific hobbies?

If you look at it another way @PiesAndLattes you might be projecting all these wonderful character traits onto someone you barely know who could have turned out to be a total arse.

The positive from this is that you put yourself out there and were open to meeting someone and seeing where things went.
Thanks, I do agree that I barely do know him and he could have been a total arse but from face value he was pretty genuine and open about a lot of things. I dipped my toe in the pond but Iā€™m taking it out and taking a break haha.

I can relate to that.
I decided to date the guy that now recently moved over the summer and it did hurt to think about his move. He was the one that brought me the orange roses when we met one last time last weekend. We also got on well, did lots of nice things together and the sex was amazing, but there were also things I didn't like - he was a bit selfish and had ghosted/ignored me for a week a few times.

I try not to think about him, but also met a few other guys on the apps, although I don't like any of them.

A break can't hurt, you can decide how short or long.
What other things would you like to get into? Specific hobbies?
Pilates for one, just re-opened here! Reading more now university is over and getting back into hiking :)

Thanks, I do agree that I barely do know him and he could have been a total arse but from face value he was pretty genuine and open about a lot of things. I dipped my toe in the pond but Iā€™m taking it out and taking a break haha.

Pilates for one, just re-opened here! Reading more now university is over and getting back into hiking :)
Sounds great!
I also want to start a yoga and a writing challenge on the 1st.
I also decluttered and want to sell a few things so I kind of live in a warehouse now. Lots of boxes with clothes everywhere šŸ™ˆ
And I bought some painting supply and thought that maybe I could try a YouTube tutorial tonight. Let's see šŸ˜‰

Sounds great!
I also want to start a yoga and a writing challenge on the 1st.
I also decluttered and want to sell a few things so I kind of live in a warehouse now. Lots of boxes with clothes everywhere šŸ™ˆ
And I bought some painting supply and thought that maybe I could try a YouTube tutorial tonight. Let's see šŸ˜‰
That sounds lovely! I have also done a big declutter too which has helped me seperate my ā€œoldā€ life with my ex etc. Very soothing haha.
The painting also sounds great! Let me know how you go.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.